URSULINE & CARDINAL MOONEY IN 2023?

Wasn't impling the he was specifically, just in general as far as kids these days. I realize that it looks like it but it wasn't my intention. Also it needs pointing out that he wasn't/isn't the starter.
I gotcha I wasn’t sure. Why would he want to go back to lakeview tho they’ll be lucky to win more then 2 games

Can’t score if they can’t block
They got a line . Just can’t pass so teams will stack the line if they don’t get that figured out . Rumors of more kids coming out for football and a few more transfers because of him. Very unlike Lakeview but it’s happening.

Attachments

• 03BF625F-6B04-4259-BF4E-2E31DC1AE509.png
    03BF625F-6B04-4259-BF4E-2E31DC1AE509.png
    374.7 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Kids good though and can score from anywhere on the field .just ran a 4.5 up at the track
Nice ball player just #2 TB best of luck to him he’ll need that speed and a whole lot more playing for Lakeview, been discussed numerous times need to join MVAC

Expect Mooney's Week 4 opponent to be announced very soon, as early as next week.
According to Yappi NE Ohio teams still open week 4 are Austintown Fitch, Chardon, & E. Cleveland Shaw. The Cards played Shaw in the past and of course Fitch is an old foe (they 1st met in 1968). Maybe Mooney thinks they can now keep up with Fitch?

According to Yappi NE Ohio teams still open week 4 are Austintown Fitch, Chardon, & E. Cleveland Shaw. The Cards played Shaw in the past and of course Fitch is an old foe (they 1st met in 1968). Maybe Mooney thinks they can now keep up with Fitch?
And by soon I mean today...And actually both games for Mooney!

Week 2 = Home against VASJ
Week 4 = Home against Clyde

And by soon I mean today...And actually both games for Mooney!

Week 2 = Home against VASJ
Week 4 = Home against Clyde
Clyde has had some tremendous and dominant teams. They like to win and they do. St. Joseph is an old foe from Mooney glory days. VASJ have both the Irish & the Cards on their slate in 2023. Go Mooney! I hope that every year you are 9-1!

Last edited:
They got a line . Just can’t pass so teams will stack the line if they don’t get that figured out . Rumors of more kids coming out for football and a few more transfers because of him. Very unlike Lakeview but it’s happening.
They’re gonna win 3 games tops be realistic

Labrae and Jefferson should be wins, Jefferson lost everything, liberty will be a toss up and I don’t see a game within 20 after that

Kids good though and can score from anywhere on the field .just ran a 4.5 up at the track
It’s a shame to see him leave JFK. He is leaving a good group of kids that will contend for another state title in the next couple of years.

Word n the street is that 4-5 jfk kids are transferring to ursuline. Skill players with a ton of speed
What would JFK's roster be if it's confirmed that these kids are transferring, plus the kids who graduated? Gotta be around 18-20 not including any incoming freshmen.

What would JFK's roster be if it's confirmed that these kids are transferring, plus the kids who graduated? Gotta be around 18-20 not including any incoming freshmen.
Its not going to be "confirmed". JFK will be just fine, both roster wise and on the field.

If I was that freshmen receiver from jfk I would absolutely leave, it was a disservice that any receiver on that team played over him idc what grade he’s in

If I was that freshmen receiver from jfk I would absolutely leave, it was a disservice that any receiver on that team played over him idc what grade he’s in
He started from day one. He broke his collarbone in week 9 or 10 and missed the whole playoffs. No one "started over him".

The couple games I watched he wasn’t really involved in the offense much.
What games did you watch? He was Kennedy's second leading receiver, even though he missed 6 games, as a freshman. The Eagles passing game changed dramatically after he got hurt. He was definitely involved in the offense..

Deepest sympathies to the Cardinal Mooney family upon the passing of legendary coach Don Bucci. Mr. Bucci grew up on the eastside of Youngstown (the Immaculate) and played for East High. He wanted to win (and he did!) but most importantly he strived to form boys into young men.

Deepest sympathies to the Cardinal Mooney family upon the passing of legendary coach Don Bucci. Mr. Bucci grew up on the eastside of Youngstown (the Immaculate) and played for East High. He wanted to win (and he did!) but most importantly he strived to form boys into young men.
Much respect from the North Siders for our brother from the other side of the river. The Holy War would not be what it is today without this local icon. R.I.P.

I read today in his obit that Coach Bucci would sometimes hold 5 hour practices. His Mooney teams were as perfect as you can get on the high school level. Can you imagine such a thing happening today?

I'm sure I speak on behalf of many Irish fans when I say we were incredibly jealous at how well disciplined and tough those Mooney teams were. Seemed like many Irish teams had similar talent for many years but were just simply outplayed and outcoached. Bucci laid a foundation of success, tradition, and class.

I'm sure I speak on behalf of many Irish fans when I say we were incredibly jealous at how well disciplined and tough those Mooney teams were. Seemed like many Irish teams had similar talent for many years but were just simply outplayed and outcoached. Bucci laid a foundation of success, tradition, and class.
Absolutely. Since Bucci retired from coaching, the series record between Ursuline & Mooney sees the Cards on top 12-11. That says it all, I think.