URSULINE & CARDINAL MOONEY IN 2023?

Cinciirish

Is this the year "Mooney is back?" Will Ursuline be rebuilding?

CARDINAL MOONEY CARDINALS 2023
@ Mentor Lake Catholic
Cleveland VASJ at YSU
@ Steubenville Big Red
Clyde
Cleveland Heights Lutheran East
@ Boardman
Youngstown Chaney @ Rayen
Warren Harding
Youngstown East
Ursuline @ YSU

URSULINE FIGHTING IRISH 2023
Steubenville Big Red
@ Parma Padua Franciscan
@ Ashtabula Lakeside
Youngstown East @ Rayen
Warren Harding
@ Austintown Fitch
@ Akron SVSM
@ Cleveland VASJ
Youngstown Chaney
Cardinal Mooney @ YSU

Last edited:

Tough schedule that I think the Irish can handle. Looking forward to an exciting 2023 season for those gentlemen
The open date will be interesting since it's the first game. Among those who are also open that week are Steubenville & Canton Glen Oak (as well as St. Edward, Massillon, & Hoban).

Last edited:
The open date will be interesting since it's the first game. Among those who are also open that week are Steubenville & Canton Glen Oak (as well as St. Edward, Massillon, & Hoban).
Glenoak and Massillon Washington are not open. Glenoak is playing Cincinnati Western Hills, according to Arbiter, and the Tigers are hosting and playing in the Northeast Ohio High School Classic at PBTS.

Last edited:
I think Ursuline will try to schedule a layup for week 1. They already have a pretty tough road schedule that should battletest them come week 11.

I think Ursuline will try to schedule a layup for week 1. They already have a pretty tough road schedule that should battletest them come week 11.
What "lay up" will play the Irish? Brookfield stepping up last year was a fluke. Farrell, too. Ursuline will probably want a home game as WGH & Chaney are the only home games slated in '23. Steubenville playing an "away" in their opener is unheard of and the Big Red are always tough. Columbus East is supposedly open and Ursuline has hosted them before.

What "lay up" will play the Irish? Brookfield stepping up last year was a fluke. Farrell, too. Ursuline will probably want a home game as WGH & Chaney are the only home games slated in '23. Steubenville playing an "away" in their opener is unheard of and the Big Red are always tough. Columbus East is supposedly open and Ursuline has hosted them before.
Aside from Brookfield (Farrell was not a layup -- they were the second or third best team Ursuline played last season), UHS played Hickory in 2021. The 2020 schedule was all local due to coronavirus, so trying to form opinions about scheduling efforts that season is a waste of time. and 2019 was Reardon's first season, when Ursuline was the layup.

While yes its a small sample size, Reardon likes to schedule tune-up games early to see what he has. Especially this season (entire 2022 OL is gone). So I dont anticipate week 1 being a huge game.

Aside from Brookfield (Farrell was not a layup -- they were the second or third best team Ursuline played last season), UHS played Hickory in 2021. The 2020 schedule was all local due to coronavirus, so trying to form opinions about scheduling efforts that season is a waste of time. and 2019 was Reardon's first season, when Ursuline was the layup.

While yes its a small sample size, Reardon likes to schedule tune-up games early to see what he has. Especially this season (entire 2022 OL is gone). So I dont anticipate week 1 being a huge game.
I agree on Farrell, but I think most everybody thought it would end up being a cakewalk (Irish coaches knew better). I believe that Hickory agreed to a contract in 2019 when UHS was still a doormat, pre-return of Reardon. The Hornets & Irish had home & away games scheduled but didn't meet in 2020 obviously as you note. I hope they find the opener as you describe.

I agree on Farrell, but I think most everybody thought it would end up being a cakewalk (Irish coaches knew better). I believe that Hickory agreed to a contract in 2019 when UHS was still a doormat, pre-return of Reardon. The Hornets & Irish had home & away games scheduled but didn't meet in 2020 obviously as you note. I hope they find the opener as you describe.
If that is true then you have me stumped! Lol

@750WickAve Canfield always easily handled them, even years when they had a winning record. Lakeside is on par with an above average, but not great D-IV team most years.

The Irish needing to replace the entire OL will be tough. Skill positions are pretty solid. Defense should be fairly solid. The current junior class has talent. Not sure what the younger classes are like or what's coming.