Ironton Independent in 2024

they will probably be fine in terms of scheduling. plenty of schools in West Virginia and Kentucky looking for games.

the bigger is what will the OVC do to fill weeks 4-10?

prediction: OVC adds Manchester as a football affiliate member

dark horse prediction: OVC and SOC combine and realign based off size and geography

they will probably be fine in terms of scheduling. plenty of schools in West Virginia and Kentucky looking for games.

the bigger is what will the OVC do to fill weeks 4-10?

prediction: OVC adds Manchester as a football affiliate member

dark horse prediction: OVC and SOC combine and realign based off size and geography
The OVC/SOC idea has some legs to it. But, Manchester most definitely won’t be playing the OVC schools in football.

The OVC/SOC idea has some legs to it. But, Manchester most definitely won’t be playing the OVC schools in football.
i think if you combined the OVC/SOC into 3 divisions then they would be a good football member in the small division to even the numbers out

i think if you combined the OVC/SOC into 3 divisions then they would be a good football member in the small division to even the numbers out
The word’s been that they’ve looked at it. A wild card in this is Waverly potentially going north to the FAC.

The word’s been that they’ve looked at it. A wild card in this is Waverly potentially going north to the FAC.
if Waverly left for the FAC (which does make plenty of sense) then you’d likely see the FAC add Unioto to make it 8. that leaves an opening in the SVC, which would likley be filled by Beaver Eastern or Madison Plains.

if Waverly left for the FAC (which does make plenty of sense) then you’d likely see the FAC add Unioto to make it 8. that leaves an opening in the SVC, which would likley be filled by Beaver Eastern or Madison Plains.
One of the thoughts is an FAC to 12. I’m not sure how attainable that is.

OVC-SOC merger

Big Schools

Fairland- 5
South Point- 5
Chesapeake- 5
Portsmouth- 5
Minford- 5
Wheelersburg- 5
Portsmouth West- 5
Northwest- 5

Small Schools
Rock Hill- 6
Coal Grove- 6
Oak Hill- 6
Valley- 6
Symmes Valley- 7
Green- 7
Notre Dame- 7
Sciotoville East- 7

-Waverly to the FAC
-Unioto to the FAC, opens up spot in SVC
-Beaver Eastern to the SVC
-Ironton plays an independent schedule (already happening)
-Gallia Academy to TVC Ohio

this seems like a really good league for everyone, IMO.

One of the thoughts is an FAC to 12. I’m not sure how attainable that is.
probably not attainable at all. 8 probably works. i can only see one way the FAC gets to 10. that would be:

Miami Trace
Washington CH
Hillsboro
McClain
Chillicothe
Jackson
Unioto
Waverly

Circleville
Logan Elm

OVC-SOC merger

Big Schools

Fairland- 5
South Point- 5
Chesapeake- 5
Portsmouth- 5
Minford- 5
Wheelersburg- 5
Portsmouth West- 5
Northwest- 5

Small Schools
Rock Hill- 6
Coal Grove- 6
Oak Hill- 6
Valley- 6
Symmes Valley- 7
Green- 7
Notre Dame- 7
Sciotoville East- 7

-Waverly to the FAC
-Unioto to the FAC, opens up spot in SVC
-Beaver Eastern to the SVC
-Ironton plays an independent schedule (already happening)
-Gallia Academy to TVC Ohio

this seems like a really good league for everyone, IMO.
If South Gallia is in the TVC imo then Gallia Academy can be

I do not know that area very well and do know Ironton is consistently good....why are they wanting to leave? I would think their travel expenses just went up.

I do not know that area very well and do know Ironton is consistently good....why are they wanting to leave? I would think their travel expenses just went up.
Their league has several programs that are massively struggling, not just in competitiveness but also numbers-wise. The program has aspirations of winning a state title and they need a situation that can keep the machine churning.

Their league has several programs that are massively struggling, not just in competitiveness but also numbers-wise. The program has aspirations of winning a state title and they need a situation that can keep the machine churning.
I have never been to Ironton...how are they able to keep numbers up...if schools around them are struggling? First thanks for the reply back and am just wondering if population flight is hurting more then one school system how are they able to maintain?

I imagine four decades of winning tradition helps bring kids in? (Although I know there’s more to it than football)

I have never been to Ironton...how are they able to keep numbers up...if schools around them are struggling? First thanks for the reply back and am just wondering if population flight is hurting more then one school system how are they able to maintain?

In an area which lacks few really good athletes, they are successful with “transfers”, without which they would be very average and not much of a “power”. Then they have a local ”promoter” who hypes kids to college programs, attracting interest and possible schollies. Badly oversold. The ego is badly inflated. Without the influx of “transfers”, they aren’t much . Coach is overrated but former B1G player. Weak league is an embarrassment for the “transfer” infused program.

In an area which lacks few really good athletes, they are successful with “transfers”, without which they would be very average and not much of a “power”. Then they have a local ”promoter” who hypes kids to college programs, attracting interest and possible schollies. Badly oversold. The ego is badly inflated. Without the influx of “transfers”, they aren’t much . Coach is overrated but former B1G player. Weak league is an embarrassment for the “transfer” infused program.
Thanks...what type of team will want to schedule them and how much travel

Thanks...what type of team will want to schedule them and how much travel
I wouldn’t listen to that idiot. Ironton and Wheelersburg are where the middle class people in that area want to live. Also helps that area has deep nfl ties. Where the Detroit lions are from and were in the first championship game. Pretty good genetics in that area. Portsmouth has really fallen off after being a basketball power for many years

I wouldn’t listen to that idiot. Ironton and Wheelersburg are where the middle class people in that area want to live. Also helps that area has deep nfl ties. Where the Detroit lions are from and were in the first championship game. Pretty good genetics in that area. Portsmouth has really fallen off after being a basketball power for many years
Deep NFL ties? That was from 1919-1930.

as far as the SOC/OVC merger it will not happen. Waverly isn’t going to the FAC either i and surely many others associated with the program would be against that decision

as far as the SOC/OVC merger it will not happen. Waverly isn’t going to the FAC either i and surely many others associated with the program would be against that decision
why would you be against it? all schools of similar size and competitiveness and in a reasonable geographic footprint.