Vanlue Football out of BVC per Courier

Nope. Ada is committed to the NWC as far as I know. A few years ago, there was rumblings of Ada going to the BVC or NWCC but that was 1 person that was pushing that. It did not grow legs at all.
Good to hear, Ada has been through a few rough years lately but there best place is still the NWC

i don’t have a ton of knowledge about the situation but what i know is that there were a ton of problems at New Bremen at the time, wasn’t just lack of talent. in the case of Parkway, i’m not sure they will ever get it right. the admin and community has simply refused to commit themselves to building a MAC level football program. they need a step down in the competition and the NWC would be a great fit.

as for my Lima Perry comment, that’s just me throwing a name out. they have had some decent athletic success the last few years but they are a small school. if they grew a bit the NWC would be a justifiable fit but that’s unlikely.

i think adding PG makes sense, but after that it’s messy. adding Arlington or Liberty-Benton wouldn’t do the league anymore good than adding Parkway or DSJ. however, adding Parkway/DSJ would give the western members a travel partner.
I don't think travel partner means what you think it means.

I don't think travel partner means what you think it means.
i think it does, actually. you just enjoy attempting to troll my posts. If that’s what makes your day, go for it.

if you read any article about expansion in college football, they will most likely refer to teams being a “travel partner” to another. ex: UCLA and USC, Maryland and Rutgers, UTEP and New Mex St. a “travel partner” would be considered another member who that shares a close geographic proximity to another member, when referring to expansion.

i think it does, actually. you just enjoy attempting to troll my posts. If that’s what makes your day, go for it.

if you read any article about expansion in college football, they will most likely refer to teams being a “travel partner” to another. ex: UCLA and USC, Maryland and Rutgers, UTEP and New Mex St. a “travel partner” would be considered another member who that shares a close geographic proximity to another member, when referring to expansion.
they use the term travel partner so you can play those teams who are farther away from you on the same trip...spoiler alert: they don't have "travel partners" when you're riding a big yellow school bus back to your school so you can sleep in your own bed that night. It's usually not for football, and for P5 schools, it doesn't really matter except for Olympic sports.

and by the way, I'm not trolling your posts. You just say dumb things (as evidenced in this thread, that I've let go) and call you out on it.

and by the way, I'm not trolling your posts. You just say dumb things (as evidenced in this thread, that I've let go) and call you out on it.
we get that you’re a MAC homer that doesn’t want to see anything change ever again. but understand that not everyone agrees with you.

we get that you’re a MAC homer that doesn’t want to see anything change ever again. but understand that not everyone agrees with you.
And we get that you're someone that wants to play conference maker, but when the NWC kicked Perry out of their conference for being uncompetitive (and they haven't gotten any better), they're not going to decide to bring them back now.

And we get that you're someone that wants to play conference maker, but when the NWC kicked Perry out of their conference for being uncompetitive (and they haven't gotten any better), they're not going to decide to bring them back now.
i believe i clearly mentioned that it was a long shot.

Oh and Perry, I dont think you will see them leave the NWCC to come back to the NWC
Accurate. We are fine where we are. We had a good spell of athletes from about '16-'21 and could have competed in the NWC in everything but alas the cupboard is empty for the foreseeable future..

That isn't true at all. We left the NWC voluntarily. The only sports we were uncompetitive in was football and girls basketball. Baseball and boys basketball were always solid and near the top of the league. Our basketball and baseball team could still probably compete in the NWC. Basketball has won the NWCC 9 years running, but that will end this season. It was USV who was "kicked out" for not having enough to field a football team in 2001. They left, and Perry decided to follow on their own accord.

Which, is also the reason our legendary baseball coach (God rest his soul) Phil Krouskop retired at the age of 63. He hated the move. His teams were always winning, and he didn't want to move to a watered down conference, so he retired.

Last edited:
That isn't true at all. We left the NWC voluntarily. The only sports we were uncompetitive in was football and girls basketball. Baseball and boys basketball were always solid and near the top of the league. It was USV who was "kicked out" for not having enough to field a football team in 2001. They left, and Perry decided to follow on their own accord.

Which, is also the reason our legendary baseball coach (God rest his soul) Phil Krouskop retired at the age of 63. He hated the move. His teams were always winning, and he didn't want to move to a watered down conference, so he retired.
Remember this well. Was surprised when Perry made this move. Krouskop was definitely a hell of a Baseball Coach

I don’t think the NWC wants anything to do with LB, for the same reasons they kicked out LCC
I was referring to LB leaving the BVC and their seat being open in 2026. I don't think they would be interested in NWC. I would think think they are looking north or east.

Liberty-Benton would go to NWC if asked, but LCC ruined that opportunity for them.

Also, I think Coach Krouscup did coach in the NWCC for a few seasons?

That isn't true at all. We left the NWC voluntarily. The only sports we were uncompetitive in was football and girls basketball. Baseball and boys basketball were always solid and near the top of the league. Our basketball and baseball team could still probably compete in the NWC. Basketball has won the NWCC 9 years running, but that will end this season. It was USV who was "kicked out" for not having enough to field a football team in 2001. They left, and Perry decided to follow on their own accord.

Perry left before they were kicked out. "You can't fire me, I quit". Yes, they have dominated the worst basketball conference in the state for a decade with a very good coach...who is no longer there.

Liberty-Benton would go to NWC if asked, but LCC ruined that opportunity for them.

Also, I think Coach Krouscup did coach in the NWCC for a few seasons?
He did, and I played for him from '03-'06. We moved conferences at the beginning of my junior year. Retired at the end of '07. He attempted to go with the move, but he was very old school and set in his ways. My father was the same, probably why we got along so well lol
In the end, after a few seasons, he got tired of all the travel, and the aforementioned watering down. He didn't have a wife or kids, we were all his kids. He probably could have hung on until his mid 70s if he had more of an open mind. Health was never really an issue until his passing last year. Coach Krouskop passed away after complications of open heart surgery last September. Not sure if you guys were aware or saw it in the news. Was 79.

Perry left before they were kicked out. "You can't fire me, I quit". Yes, they have dominated the worst basketball conference in the state for a decade with a very good coach...who is no longer there.
That very good coach is not having the best time in Elida right now, is he? Can't be. Coach Tabler was excellent and cares immensely about the kids. He brought us a run to state in 2017 I'll never, ever forget. But lest we forget, Perry was also a very good team under Minning, before Tabler even got there. We had a 46 game home win streak that was snapped in 1999 by #1 in the state Bluffton, 44-39. The problem was never basketball. It was football. The NWC hangs its hat on football, or did back then, even though those teams aren't the best. So if you can't cut the mustard in football, sorry Charlie. We did see the writing on the wall. We no longer felt welcomed, and most of that had to do with the football teams in the early 2000's, who went 6-44 from '00-'03. In '02 we scored 20 points all season.

Last edited:
Not to say they shouldn’t get the boot, BUT 1. The top teams in the MAC or NWC would do the same to NB
2. NB is so bad they are leaving the BVC
3. What was the score when LB played the next best girls team? Seems like a far better indicator of the gap that exists.
Van Buren and Cory-Rawson are tied for second place in the BVC. LB beat VB 59-20 and CR 59-26. (These are also the closest games that Liberty has had in the league.) The gap is ridiculously large.

Not to say they shouldn’t get the boot, BUT 1. The top teams in the MAC or NWC would do the same to NB
2. NB is so bad they are leaving the BVC
3. What was the score when LB played the next best girls team? Seems like a far better indicator of the gap that exists.
You can rationalize all you want, LB girls basketball hasn't lost a BVC game since the 2015-2016 season, volleyball hasn't lost a league game since 2016 and the scores are never close. There's 0 reason for LB's girls to be competing in the BVC yet LB fans can't see why the league wants them out

You can rationalize all you want, LB girls basketball hasn't lost a BVC game since the 2015-2016 season, volleyball hasn't lost a league game since 2016 and the scores are never close. There's 0 reason for LB's girls to be competing in the BVC yet LB fans can't see why the league wants them out
Any LB folk I talk to know exactly why they can't and shouldn't stay. I haven't met one who doesn't understand and excited for more competition. I think their biggest apprehension is not knowing where they are going. VB girls beat NB 54-17. Acceptable?, or if VB scores 10-15 more points VB should leave? Course not :)

Not trying to rationalize it, don’t care one way or the other, I just think it’s cutting off your nose to spite your face.
In the last ten years Arlington has a state title in basketball (girls) and McComb has 3 final 4 appearances in volleyball.
Having LB in the league did not prevent these teams from being successful, what prevents them is the small enrollments they have - is that because if LB? Maybe
Is kicking LB out going to increase enrollment and add more athletes? Doubting that.
So, all it adds in an increase in winning the BVC, but again if that is the highest goal your team has then you’re shooting too low.
Additionally kicking out LB increases the chance the league doesn’t exist in 5 years, so have fun being independent or traveling all over the place for league games.

Any LB folk I talk to know exactly why they can't and shouldn't stay. I haven't met one who doesn't understand and excited for more competition. I think their biggest apprehension is not knowing where they are going. VB girls beat NB 54-17. Acceptable?, or if VB scores 10-15 more points VB should leave? Course not :)
Then why didn't the administration find a new league and ended up needing to be kicked out of the BVC. Fans may be excited for more competition but the school leaders never acted like they did.

Then why didn't the administration find a new league and ended up needing to be kicked out of the BVC. Fans may be excited for more competition but the school leaders never acted like they did.
It’s hard to leave when you’re king of the mountain.
I think Arcadia will become the next Vanlue who gets kicked around in most sports.

Uh Huh Reaction GIF by Originals