Will Massillon break the Georgia jinks?

Velma_Dinkley.png

Jinkies

The Valdosta Board of Education in Georgia voted on Tuesday not to renew the contract of embattled football coach Rush Propst, who was placed on administrative leave after allegations surfaced that he recruited players and their families and then solicited money to pay their living expenses.

What's with this school board?!?! Rush Propst was probably just "saving" those kids...unbelievable

I'll take this one. No.
Tigapaw, could you be so kind as to answer an enrollment question for me regarding your school? How many students are in attendance, grades 9-12? Inquiring minds on the Georgia Prep Report.com would like to know. Many folks down that way seem to think that Massillon is a midrange size school. And are wondering why bother with going SOOOOO far North to play an assumed second stringer. COURSE, your coach DOES appear to be footing the bill for EVERYTHING. But I wonder if that includes the 300 member band and cheerleaders, in addition to $20,000 for, I suppose having to miss two days of school, plus charter buses, and room and board while there?

What's with this school board?!?! Rush Propst was probably just "saving" those kids...unbelievable
WELL sir, the one arm bandit who ran the booster club, wanted him OUT! And he got his wish.

As an aside, those supposedly recruited players were from COLQUITT COUNTY, my alma mater! And NONE of the parents I talked to, indicated that they were coerced. 'Nub' was just jealous of the greatest coach in America. They had merely followed their coach.

TRUE, Coach Propst has his demons! He has a wayward eye like many red blooded males. And he has had issues with the IRS Gestapo. But he did MANY, MANY great things at Colquitt County. When he arrived in Moultrie on that faithful day in 2008. Our proud program had fallen in disarray. 15-15 the previous three seasons under a VASTLY overrated private league head coach from North Florida Christian. And after an initial year coaching the previous coach's corpses to a 4-6 record in 2008. He proceeded to guide the Packers to the best winning percentage in the state in the next decade in the largest classification, with two state titles, three near miss titles, and a natty in 2015. With nothing but farm boys from a rural county in Southwest Georgia. In fact, from 2009 through 2018. With the exception of a quarterfinal loss to the recruited Grayson team from metro ATL. The Packers finished no worse than the semis.

But THAT is only one aspect of what makes coach great. When he arrived in 2008. Many of the kids on the team were getting only one or two meals per day through the school system. Shortly after his arrival. The entire team was fed three PLUS meals per day, EVERYDAY, through the efforts of his wife Miss Stefnie, and the local churches and merchants in the community. They had their own football cafeteria, where they could reap the benefits of high calorie, healthy meals.

And during his tenure here, many of the kids who played for him, suffered from hectic and often dangerous home lives. Coach Propst had purchased a spacious home in South Colquitt county, which had a guest house. And when conditions in their home lives warranted. He would take them into his home until conditions improved. In fact, on one occasion, one kid had to stay for the majority of the school year. He even took kids interested in playing at the next level, to the ACT and SAT exams. He was also instrumental in getting the SPLOST tax passed, to fund our full sized indoor practice facility. But not before this tax was utilized to build or repair school buildings in the county.

My point is THIS. Don't always judge a book by its cover. You may be surprised at its content.

Last edited:
Coach Propst ... Shortly after his arrival. The entire team was fed three PLUS meals per day, EVERYDAY, through the efforts of his wife Miss Stefnie, and the local churches and merchants in the community.. They had their own football cafeteria, where they could reap the benefits of high calorie, healthy meals.
The only poor kids were on the football team, what are the chances....

Tigapaw, could you be so kind as to answer an enrollment question for me regarding your school? How many students are in attendance, grades 9-12?

In Ohio that = mid-size division 2, the 2nd highest division, with 106 teams.

D1 has about 71 teams.

Private schools pretty much dominate both divisions.

St. Ed is considered the top football program.

COURSE, your coach DOES appear to be footing the bill for EVERYTHING. But I wonder if that includes the 300 member band and cheerleaders, in addition to $20,000 for, I suppose having to miss two days of school, plus charter buses, and room and board while there?
This is NOT true. Massillon is not paying anything for Valdosta to come up here.

Moore spoke yesterday about how great the costs were to get Valdosta up here.
Coach Moore puts together these showcase games to give his players the highest collegiate exposure by playing the premier levels of talented marquee teams possible. this is another reason playing at Massillon is unequivocally epic.
Does a kid want to showcase his abilities playing the average teams within a 15 mile radius (most of which are afraid to play Massillon) or would they rather play and participate in deep playoff runs against the likes of St Eds, Moeller, Hoban, Winton Woods Valdosta,ect,,,, The whole Massillon experience is next level. That's why coach Brown said "You're special if you're from there". Go Tigers and dare I say. "TIG!" in January?

Last edited:
TRUE, Coach Propst has his demons! He has a wayward eye like many red blooded males. And he has had issues with the IRS Gestapo. But he did MANY, MANY great things at Colquitt County. When he arrived in Moultrie on that faithful day in 2008. Our proud program had fallen in disarray. 15-15 the previous three seasons under a VASTLY overrated private league head coach from North Florida Christian. And after an initial year coaching the previous coach's corpses to a 4-6 record in 2008. He proceeded to guide the Packers to the best winning percentage in the state in the next decade in the largest classification, with two state titles, three near miss titles, and a natty in 2015. With nothing but farm boys from a rural county in Southwest Georgia. In fact, from 2009 through 2018. With the exception of a quarterfinal loss to the recruited Grayson team from metro ATL. The Packers finished no worse than the semis.

But THAT is only one aspect of what makes coach great. When he arrived in 2008. Many of the kids on the team were getting only one or two meals per day through the school system. Shortly after his arrival. The entire team was fed three PLUS meals per day, EVERYDAY, through the efforts of his wife Miss Stefnie, and the local churches and merchants in the community. They had their own football cafeteria, where they could reap the benefits of high calorie, healthy meals.

And during his tenure here, many of the kids who played for him, suffered from hectic and often dangerous home lives. Coach Propst had purchased a spacious home in South Colquitt county, which had a guest house. And when conditions in their home lives warranted. He would take them into his home until conditions improved. In fact, on one occasion, one kid had to stay for the majority of the school year. He even took kids interested in playing at the next level, to the ACT and SAT exams. He was also instrumental in getting the SPLOST tax past, to fund our full size indoor practice facility. But not before this tax was utilized to build or repair school buildings in the county.

My point is THIS. Don't always judge a book by its cover. You may be surprised at its content.
You have no idea about the high calorie healthy meals at Massillon taverns or The Amish Door.

Wilmot, Ohio, and Joey's Kendal Tavern are the epitome of greatness and I haven't even gotten to the Cameo Grill yet which is beyond galactical in the rhelms of amazing old school culinary ways.

Last edited:
But also said it’s not being paid by Massillon.

Obviously the travel cost, meals and lodging for long interstate games costs more and is way more complicated than 2 local teams playing. Guess that is earth shattering news to some people. Congrats to all 8 schools for pulling it off.

And especially the hosts! Couldn't ask for a better more historic venue. :):):)

I've seen the copy of the contract. It's not that ridiculous of a price to get Valdosta up to Massillon. It is high though. Hoping the weekend is profitable so that it may continue in the future.

The Valdosta Board of Education in Georgia voted on Tuesday not to renew the contract of embattled football coach Rush Propst, who was placed on administrative leave after allegations surfaced that he recruited players and their families and then solicited money to pay their living expenses.

Did JR move from Gates Mills to Georgia?

The only poor kids were on the football team, what are the chances....
WHY SOOOOOO negative there Skippy? Everyone in the dang school of 2400, couldn't be supported by one coaching staff. That hunnered plus playas was quite task enough. The administration and the PTO, et al., SHOULD be expected to bear the responsibility of the needs of those, should they not?

I've seen the copy of the contract. It's not that ridiculous of a price to get Valdosta up to Massillon. It is high though. Hoping the weekend is profitable so that it may continue in the future.
What are the chances of a reciprocal agreement in the future? Lowndes (the Valdosta sister school in the county) recently started a four team DH. They were the host school, while Colquitt played in the matinee. The two schools who were their opponents were above average powers from Miami metro.

Obviously the travel cost, meals and lodging for long interstate games costs more and is way more complicated than 2 local teams playing. Guess that is earth shattering news to some people. Congrats to all 8 schools for pulling it off.

And especially the hosts! Couldn't ask for a better more historic venue. :):):)
I just learned yesterday on the Georgia Prep Report, that the Valdosta mayor had been trying to make this happen for quite some time.

You have no idea about the high calorie healthy meals at Massillon taverns or The Amish Door.

Wilmot, Ohio, and Joey's Kendal Tavern are the epitome of greatness and I haven't even gotten to the Cameo Grill yet which is beyond galactical in the rhelms of amazing old school culinary ways.
DANG SON, you're making me HONGRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(y) But I humbly submit that Coach Propst visited a few college facilities through the years, to see what's what in high end nutrition. (FSU, FLA., Clemson, UGA, and ALABAMA)

Coach Moore puts together these showcase games to give his players the highest collegiate exposure by playing the premier levels of talented marquee teams possible. this is another reason playing at Massillon is unequivocally epic.
Does a kid want to showcase his abilities playing the average teams within a 15 mile radius (most of which are afraid to play Massillon) or would they rather play and participate in deep playoff runs against the likes of St Eds, Moeller, Hoban, Winton Woods Valdosta,ect,,,, The whole Massillon experience is next level. That's why coach Brown said "You're special if you're from there". Go Tigers and dare I say. "TIG!" in January?
WHY would your teams be AFRAID? That doesn't compute in the Peach State. Our credo, generally speaking, is that you don't get better playing cannon fodder, unless nothing else is available on the dates needed. In my school's case, while we weren't particularly world beaters at the time they played. We DID play a few teams that you may have heard of. (American Heritage Plantation, South Panola, Miss., Hoover, Bishop Sullivan Va., Tampa Plant, Trinity Christian, Fla., and Trinity Catholic, Mo., and Vista Murrieta, Calif.) Most of these schools were nationally rankled. And one was even the eventual National Champion. They gave up eighty points in fifteen games in 2010, playing in Mississippi, and Colquitt scored 35 of those. We just hadn't instilled our defensive culture at that time. We started that season 0-5, and played FIFTEEN games, culminating with a Georgia Dome finals record of 9-6.