W.O.A.C 2022-2023

I did a full article on the TC v TV game which is on this site. SW Game of the Week. Would appreciate any feedback positive or negative.

I did a full article on the TC v TV game which is on this site. SW Game of the Week. Would appreciate any feedback positive or negative.
Clearly this is not your first venture into sports writing. I looked your article up to give it a casual read and give you some feedback. I was literally 3/4 the way through it and absorbed in the clarity of its message before I remembered I was supposed to be giving it a critique. I had not expected interviews, really aids in putting the fan into the mind of the coach. Good job, I would gladly read your synopsis of other games.

Clearly this is not your first venture into sports writing. I looked your article up to give it a casual read and give you some feedback. I was literally 3/4 the way through it and absorbed in the clarity of its message before I remembered I was supposed to be giving it a critique. I had not expected interviews, really aids in putting the fan into the mind of the coach. Good job, I would gladly read your synopsis of other games.
I guess my gripe is Tri-Village gets called out/blamed for this type of thing, when it happens frequently in our conference. Again, Mississinawa beat South 83-19 a few weeks ago. 64 margin compared to Tri-Village's 69 margin vs. Bradford. But, which one are people complaining about...

I guess my gripe is Tri-Village gets called out/blamed for this type of thing, when it happens frequently in our conference. Again, Mississinawa beat South 83-19 a few weeks ago. 64 margin compared to Tri-Village's 69 margin vs. Bradford. But, which one are people complaining about...
Think you copied the wrong reply I made but I know which one you meant.
I believe there is an air about Tri Village basketball that does not sit well with many people. I have Bethel connections, and I recall way back at the end of the game in 1981 which Bethel won 58-57 there were some things said that i have carried forward and affects my perception of Tri Village basketball programs. That was 42 years ago, so what relevant things are there today?

For starters, I hear from Franklin Monroe sources that Tri Village is the only school who refuses to use the standard score book, at least for the boys. Girls the same?

They use some goofy pile of papers loosely held in a folder while every other school uses the standard scorebook. That's fine if you want to be different, and apparently the OHSAA has no problem with it or the officials operating the games. However, it is the attitude expressed of a position of superiority that bothers many who have questioned the scorebook methodology.

Now let me compliment the current system at Tri Village. It is the same confident aggressive nature of the program that offends rivals, that is also responsible for the exceptional results seen the last 10 years. Well, that and some great recruiting. Legal recruiting via success begats success.

So I think that is why the rub for many fans of small school community basketball. Just because you can kick the opponets butt severly should you every time? Mississinawa has not had the success over a period of years that Tri Village has, so between that and their greatly less competitive stance in general, they get a pass on their rare drubbing of an opponent.

There is no easy solution for lack of competitive balance in a conference, but there can be a spirit of humility and encouragement rather than pride and indifference.

Last edited:
Thank you very much for the kind words. It is an enjoyable process for sure.

My issue is bench involvement and 3PA. If you are TV, why do your starters need to shoot 23 threes against a team you are beating 19-2 after the first quarter? Records are the only reason I can think of, hence my previous comment. But anyway, back to boys bball.

New Rankings for basketball
Preble Shawnee boys moves down to 8th
Tri-Village girls stay at 1 with all 1st place votes

Lol....are you complaining? Preble being anywhere in the top 25 with their garbage schedule should make them feel good lol
TC conference schedule isn't exactly murders row. People act Like the all mighty 3 Rivers conference is so scary, its the exact same as the WOAC. I think the OOC games PS has is pretty decent. Would have liked to played in FL Tournament but it conflicted

Last edited:
TC conference schedule isn't exactly murders row. People act Like the all mighty 3 Rivers conference is so scary, its the exact same same as the WOAC. I think the OOC games PS has is pretty decent. Would have liked to plat in FL Tournament but it conflicted
I don't believe it is the exact same, but do agree it's not the SCAL or MAC either.

Several years back I took the many hours to look up all the conference results in the area, then compared crossover games. The CCC at that time was well below Shelby County League, MAC, Ohio Heritage Conference, Metro Buckeye Conference, and then came the CCC. The Miami Valley League was the only small school conference in our area that year that fell below the CCC.

This is high school basketball, so every conference tends to have its exceptional team and a doormat or two every year,

I prefer to look at the rankings relative to other schools in the area. Is Shawnee about as good as Miami East? From the results seen so far this year I would say that is reasonable. So if East is top three, I have zero problem with Shawnee being ranked close to them.

Plotting each team from their conference on a graph using Martin RPI rankings would give the relative strength of a conference. You could even plot two teams exact games vs their opponents for the year. But while that may give you a baseline of difficulty, it won't tell the whole story. Troy Christian played its two toughest games on successive nights. Bradford lost a all conference and potentially all state caliber player mid season.

One area the WOAC does kick the TRC'S butt in is participation on this board.

Why not? Carlisle beat Fenwick this year...... Wish I could see the TV PS game this year.
I see a 8 pt win for Fenwick. The matchup is bad for shawnee. Fenwick front court is too big and will put shawnee in foul trouble. Could shawnee win sure. Shrout cant have an off night from 3pt. Lately he has been hot or cold from 3. 4-5, 0-5, 1-6, 5-9, 0-4 last five games.

I see a 8 pt win for Fenwick. The matchup is bad for shawnee. Fenwick front court is too big and will put shawnee in foul trouble. Could shawnee win sure. Shrout cant have an off night from 3pt. Lately he has been hot or cold from 3. 4-5, 0-5, 1-6, 5-9, 0-4 last five games.
Pretty good assessment. At the beginning of the year I probably would have agreed whole heartedly. I think the thing that impresses' me most about the kid is his ability to get everyone else involved and going when he's off. He plays equally as hard on the defensive end and his teammates match that intensity it seems. His supporting cast has really impressed me this year when I've gotten to see them. Should be a good game.

Looks to be one competitive game tonight atleast for some of the game.

Dixie hosting Bradford.
Has anyone seen Bradford play since Davidson has been out? Looked at the scores they beat Arcanum but have been blown out by PS,TV

Who wins between
Dixie vs PS
PS vs TV

both games are coming up.

Has anyone seen Bradford play since Davidson has been out? Looked at the scores they beat Arcanum but have been blown out by PS,TV

Who wins between
Dixie vs PS
PS vs TV

I think these could be good games, but I'm going with PS in both games.

Who wins between
Dixie vs PS
PS vs TV

I go PS 1.0 , TV 1.5, Dixie 3.0

The TV vs PS game could go either way. Both teams are roughly even offensively, but PS is the better defensive team, but TV is a deeper team. So round and round I go.

Screenshot_20230131_085314_Chrome.jpg

Two WOAC Championship games this weekend. Will be a fun two games.

Tonight's game will be very fun game that I'm excited for.
Looking at this game both teams have a lot of strengths they will need to have for tonight. PS has the advantage with being at home and that will help them a ton and if Shrout gets hot PS will take home the victory. However Tri-Village is a very veteran team and they've been in games like this before. TV can't have PS have a hot start, they can't play from behind. If they can slow shrout down they can win, however that's easier said then done.
I'm going to go with TV by 2 tonight.