Vanlue Football out of BVC per Courier

It may be best for the BVC to dissolve. Arcadia is going to be the beating drum; will get tired of it and leave. LB is leaving, Elmwood won't stay. Area leagues could absorb all the schools except LB will be left standing at the alter ha. Size they should be in NBC and not sure if the boys would compete well but based on another thread where they said NBC was fearful of LB's girls.

If you are asking me, the BVC needs to act fast or BirdDog is correct, they will be gone in 5 years. As far as the NWC, I would like to see either Pandora or Arlington get in, which would give 9 football schools with 2 OOC games each season
I’d like to see the NWC be proactive and add 2 schools, then follow the MAC’s schedule with 10 league teams but 2 OOC games. Either way, the league needs to get on board with adding a member or two before Leipsic or Ada get drawn away and we’re caught with our pants down

I’d like to see the NWC be proactive and add 2 schools, then follow the MAC’s schedule with 10 league teams but 2 OOC games. Either way, the league needs to get on board with adding a member or two before Leipsic or Ada get drawn away and we’re caught with our pants down
I was thinking the same way, but not sure I would want schools not playing everyone each year. It would make sense though if Pandora comes in, that Arlington would be a natural choice to come along. Only thing is the western NWC schools balking at the travel distance

I was thinking the same way, but not sure I would want schools not playing everyone each year. It would make sense though if Pandora comes in, that Arlington would be a natural choice to come along. Only thing is the western NWC schools balking at the travel distance
so you add Parkway and DSJ to give them travel partners🙂

except we all know that will never happen.

so you add Parkway and DSJ to give them travel partners🙂

except we all know that will never happen.
I actually think DSJ would be a good match for the NWC, but I don't think Delphos Jefferson would approve that. Parkway, No. I never thought they were a good match, but would definitely have to consider it. Still think overall. Pandora and Arlington are better fits for the NWC than DSJ & Parkway

I actually think DSJ would be a good match for the NWC, but I don't think Delphos Jefferson would approve that. Parkway, No. I never thought they were a good match, but would definitely have to consider it. Still think overall. Pandora and Arlington are better fits for the NWC than DSJ & Parkway
i think you have to look at it from a Parkway perspective. do you think they are a better match for the NWC or the MAC? my money says the NWC. they’re a more similar place to Crestview and Lincolnview then they are Marion Local or Versailles.

DSJ would be a great fit. you could make an argument for Lima Perry. Pandora would work. Arlington may be stretching the boundaries a tad but would still work. i think the NWC would be best fit getting to enough members to go east-west divisions.

i think you have to look at it from a Parkway perspective. do you think they are a better match for the NWC or the MAC? my money says the NWC. they’re a more similar place to Crestview and Lincolnview then they are Marion Local or Versailles.

DSJ would be a great fit. you could make an argument for Lima Perry. Pandora would work. Arlington may be stretching the boundaries a tad but would still work. i think the NWC would be best fit getting to enough members to go east-west divisions.
Disagree, Travel wise, the Mac is far better fit than the NWC for Parkway. For NWC schools other than Delphos, Spencerville & Crestview, there is not a good way to get there for the eastern NWC schools. Parkway to MAC, Versailles would be their furthest trip and it is only 39 miles. Demographic wise, they are just as similar to MAC schools as they are to NWC schools. Competitiveness, I will give you that, they would be more inline with being able to compete with some teams in the NWC better than some MAC schools, but remember, New Bremen was bottom feeders in football not too long ago and nobody was talking about them leaving, And look at what they have done

Oh and Perry, I dont think you will see them leave the NWCC to come back to the NWC

Disagree, Travel wise, the Mac is far better fit than the NWC for Parkway. For NWC schools other than Delphos, Spencerville & Crestview, there is not a good way to get there for the eastern NWC schools. Parkway to MAC, Versailles would be their furthest trip and it is only 39 miles. Demographic wise, they are just as similar to MAC schools as they are to NWC schools. Competitiveness, I will give you that, they would be more inline with being able to compete with some teams in the NWC better than some MAC schools, but remember, New Bremen was bottom feeders in football not too long ago and nobody was talking about them leaving, And look at what they have done
i don’t have a ton of knowledge about the situation but what i know is that there were a ton of problems at New Bremen at the time, wasn’t just lack of talent. in the case of Parkway, i’m not sure they will ever get it right. the admin and community has simply refused to commit themselves to building a MAC level football program. they need a step down in the competition and the NWC would be a great fit.

as for my Lima Perry comment, that’s just me throwing a name out. they have had some decent athletic success the last few years but they are a small school. if they grew a bit the NWC would be a justifiable fit but that’s unlikely.

i think adding PG makes sense, but after that it’s messy. adding Arlington or Liberty-Benton wouldn’t do the league anymore good than adding Parkway or DSJ. however, adding Parkway/DSJ would give the western members a travel partner.

i don’t have a ton of knowledge about the situation but what i know is that there were a ton of problems at New Bremen at the time, wasn’t just lack of talent. in the case of Parkway, i’m not sure they will ever get it right. the admin and community has simply refused to commit themselves to building a MAC level football program. they need a step down in the competition and the NWC would be a great fit.

as for my Lima Perry comment, that’s just me throwing a name out. they have had some decent athletic success the last few years but they are a small school. if they grew a bit the NWC would be a justifiable fit but that’s unlikely.

i think adding PG makes sense, but after that it’s messy. adding Arlington or Liberty-Benton wouldn’t do the league anymore good than adding Parkway or DSJ. however, adding Parkway/DSJ would give the western members a travel partner.
To your point about New Bremen; yes they had more issues with the football program than just talent. At one time, the community talked of dissolving the program altogether. They didn't talk about leaving the MAC; just dropping football.

I think the conversation was, "Either we commit to a high quality program or we do away with it completely." As you can see, they chose the former.