Mid-State League ‘22-23

What happened in that game, didn't Rosecrans blow them out in there first game
Wasn’t there (was elsewhere in the Cardinal last night), but word was Rosecrans couldn’t buy a basket and was down for most of the game. That’s pretty hard to come from behind and steal one on the road.

Trouble with Rosecrans they live and die with the three point line eighty percent of the time,if there off just one time against any good team they will be a early exit from the tournament

Tonight should be a great match up
Columbus Academy at Northside Christian I’m heading there might be some D1 college coaches there for recruiting the big guy

Last night, I took the trip down to the Creek to watch the Eagles and Aces. GCC played well and went home with a 20-point win. This sets up a big rematch on Friday at the Port. GCC handed the Port a 30-point loss on Hoover road a month ago. It feels like this game will be a lot closer this time around. This is Millersport's last chance for a win before records are turned in next week, and probably a chance at a top 3 seed in the tournament. GCC is looking to stay in the middle of the pack of D3 and not have to play HP, Afro, or WC in the tournament's first game. I am looking forward to a great environment!

Prediction - I think Harvest Prep is going to win by 20+. Their seasons hasn’t gone the way they wanted, finishing with only one non conference win. However, they still have the best overall player in the league in Nyalle and have a very good backcourt. I think the pressure Harvest Prep generates will overwhelm Bishop Rosecrans.
Final Score Prediction
HPS-77
BR—54

I saw HP is the #5 seed in DIII, Central.

Africentric is the #1 (to no one’s surprise.) WC #2, Academy #3 and Northridge #4.

A little interested to see how that shakes out tomorrow on the draw.

Harvest Prep Freshman and JV played Northridge I believe last week. Freshman lost by 1 and JV won by double digits.
Harvest Prep will most likely try to go on the opposite side of Africentric, as they beat Columbus Academy last year, and could want to get revenge against WC.

28-27 HPS halftime, might be one of the worst and one sided officiated games i’ve watched in awhile, but the game is going back and forth, both teams hitting 3s should be a good 2nd half for the championship

Sounds like a good one in Zanesvegas. Would’ve came out, but I’m the DD for the UNC-Duke watch party I’m at. (Argh, Heels!)

GAME OF THE YEAR
One of the most exciting MSL basketball games of all time. With the final shot coming to the warriors, Nyalle missed the three, but was fouled. Tied 65-65, Nyalle would calmly hit all three free throws, and then the pass in by Rosecrans was blocked, leading to the final score 68-65.

Thoughts on the tournament bracket? https://www.ohsaa.org/Central-Sports-Tournaments/Basketball-Boys

In D4, I think Northside is the heavy favorite on the Athens side, although they would likely need to go through Millersport and NC/FCA with two challenging games (plus FCA already beat them and NC played them tough). NC calling out FCA seems to be the surprise of the draw for me. Also good to see that the coaches recognized the brutal schedule that NC needed to play and got them a high seed. Danville can't be happy to face Wellington in the first round either, who is not the usual 15-seed.

Northmor vs. Patriot Prep could be an intriguing matchup with a contrast in styles in the Kettering Fairmont region. I can't see anyone else challenging those two before the District Finals.

I doubt it will make much of an impact in the grand scheme of things, but I saw something on Liberty Christian's website that they have a missions trip scheduled beginning on their first game of the tournament with most of the high school going. Oof.

I also find it a little odd how the opening game is on 2/25, which gives most teams a long layoff (some as much as 2 weeks). Then the following game is just a few days later on 2/28. With many schools not practicing on Sundays, that gives just one day of prep time after a previously long lay-off. Guess they'd better plan ahead!

Thoughts on the tournament bracket? https://www.ohsaa.org/Central-Sports-Tournaments/Basketball-Boys

In D4, I think Northside is the heavy favorite on the Athens side, although they would likely need to go through Millersport and NC/FCA with two challenging games (plus FCA already beat them and NC played them tough). NC calling out FCA seems to be the surprise of the draw for me. Also good to see that the coaches recognized the brutal schedule that NC needed to play and got them a high seed. Danville can't be happy to face Wellington in the first round either, who is not the usual 15-seed.

Northmor vs. Patriot Prep could be an intriguing matchup with a contrast in styles in the Kettering Fairmont region. I can't see anyone else challenging those two before the District Finals.

I doubt it will make much of an impact in the grand scheme of things, but I saw something on Liberty Christian's website that they have a missions trip scheduled beginning on their first game of the tournament with most of the high school going. Oof.

I also find it a little odd how the opening game is on 2/25, which gives most teams a long layoff (some as much as 2 weeks). Then the following game is just a few days later on 2/28. With many schools not practicing on Sundays, that gives just one day of prep time after a previously long lay-off. Guess they'd better plan ahead!
For this specific district (Central D4) when you have a 17 team two district tournament, the #4-7 seeds are usually one of the worst ones to hold. It happens over the years across the sports. You’re just limited in your possible paths. In NC the 7’s case, the Fairmont regional only had two lines taken up — you’d be playing the #2 or #3 seed in round two if you went into that District tournament. And this is where being #4, #5 or #6 is tough. For NC (any team in that position) it’s just a matter of calculation — play #5 Millersport (shooters) after the play-in game, #6 Danville (the KMAC Mystery Box) or play #4 FCA (a team you can possibly beat even if you have a cold hand that night.)

I’ve seen weirder (although understandable) things happen in this ‘1x / 2’ scenario, like baseball 2021 (where #1 and #2 are in the same district, 3-7 go into the other.) Or, topically, last year in basketball! I do think TBH for NC’s purposes it’s the right move to make. It doesn’t serve much of a purpose to face two different levels of opponents in successive stages of the tournament this early.

I noticed that Mechanicsburg has transitioned to the Central District. They wrote to the OHSAA several years ago, but were denied.

Another school that was denied at the same time was Rosecrans. Feel bad for the Bishops — they’re being held hostage by the poor East District (as in the institution of the East District… not the schools that comprise the East District.)

Last edited:
What do you mean by poor east district, because they can't compete in the east district is why they want to go to central district, where there are mostly christian schools,I noticed they have only played a couple of east district schools this season

What do you mean by poor east district, because they can't compete in the east district is why they want to go to central district, where there are mostly christian schools,I noticed they have only played a couple of east district schools this season
Referring to the EDAB’s finances. They gonna have their own district soccer tournament next year for D3?