Dover Tornadoes Football 2022

There have been discussions about a new league that Steubenville, Boardman, Canfield and others could start. Wonder if it includes Dover.
Where did you hear this? I’d assume Fitch would be included. I just don’t see Boardman and Fitch separating. But on flip side I don’t see Canfield being part of a league w/ 3-4 D2 programs and I’d have to assume Harding would be included.

I’d like to see football only of Canfield, Fitch, Boardman, WGH, Dover, Steubenville and Louisville. 8 team league would be ideal but I can’t think of a willing 8th unless Chaney/East merge back together.

Where did you hear this? I’d assume Fitch would be included. I just don’t see Boardman and Fitch separating. But on flip side I don’t see Canfield being part of a league w/ 3-4 D2 programs and I’d have to assume Harding would be included.

I’d like to see football only of Canfield, Fitch, Boardman, WGH, Dover, Steubenville and Louisville. 8 team league would be ideal but I can’t think of a willing 8th unless Chaney/East merge back together.
Week 1 on the OVSO coaches show. Coach Sac was talking about it.

I believe it was Louisville, Canfield, Salem, Boardman and a few others. I think he specifically said something about Boardman maybe not now but there has been talks about a league

Dover getting nothing by being in OVAC. Nobody besides Steubenville plays them in anything.
Actually they played enough OVAC games last year in football and basketball to qualify for the championship,they won the boys basketball and missed the football title because of the cancellation of the Indian Valley game. University went 10-0 Dover went 9-0

You really need to do some research because your post is full of false information.
Google from Dover high school to there high school.. that’s times by car. I didn’t even add in time by bus. So if u wanna say it’s false your incorrect. But if you wanna join a league and drive that far to go let a couple good teams have at it.

Actually they played enough OVAC games last year in football and basketball to qualify for the championship,they won the boys basketball and missed the football title because of the cancellation of the Indian Valley game. University went 10-0 Dover went 9-0
Did playing the OVAC prepare that hoops team to lose early in the postseason last year??

People are so hung up on the size of the schools instead of the quality of the programs. The IVC has some really, really elite programs in basically every sport but football.
The IVC programs don't compare to dovers. Dover basketball doesn't want to play any IVC schools except for maybe Garaway, and this year Malvern in basketball. They scrimmage IVC teams over the summer and they are frequently a waste of time. It just so happens that Garaway, and Malvern have good basketball teams this year.
Side note the Roden twins from garaway did go to school at Dover and play Dover sports up until maybe 7th grade. Also, the Wallick guy, transferred into garaway. Without those 3 would they really be that good? probably not. My point is that this is not a normal class for garaway and most years they aren't comparable to Dover.

Listen Doverites: make sure Matt Ritzert gets some Blazin Burgers and make sure Keith Wakefield is on the staff and is tuff AF not sus.

I was looking at Dover’s season from 10 years ago, and noticed something interesting. They played a relatively tough schedule of 8 D2 schools and 2 D3 schools (out of 6 divisions), while themselves being D3 (meaning at least 8 schools on the schedule were bigger):

Now Dover has increased to D2 (now out of 7 divisions), while every school on the 2012 schedule (with the exception of Ashland) has dropped down a division since (Shaw even dropped from D2 to D4). This means Dover is now bigger than 7 of those 8 schools that were bigger 10 years ago (again, except for Ashland). Having said that, has Dover really gotten that much bigger? Or have these other schools all just gotten smaller?

Shaw: was D2, now D4 (dropped 2)
Ashland: was D2, still D2 (stayed the same)
Canfield: was D2, now D3 (dropped 1)
Tri-Valley: was D2, now D3 (dropped 1)
Woodward: was D2, now D3 (dropped 1)
Claymont: was D3, now D4 (dropped 1)
Zanesville: was D2, now D3 (dropped 1)
Cambridge: was D3, now D4 (dropped 1)
Marietta: was D2, now D3 (dropped 1)
New Phila: was D2, now D3 (dropped 1)

Dover: was D3, now D2 (increased 1)

They added a seventh division. Most of the schools in Ohio dropped a division. This doesn't mean much of anything.

They added a seventh division. Most of the schools in Ohio dropped a division. This doesn't mean much of anything.
Right, I understand why the divisional change happened. I was more pointing out that I thought it was interesting that according to this Dover is now bigger than 7 of those 8 schools (that were bigger than them a decade ago). I was wondering if Dover grew, or the others declined.

Canton South would be a nice game, but I’m not sure if it’s been discussed. I’m pretty sure both schools need an opponent in week 2.
It use to be a great competitive series about 15 years ago. I remembered they played week 1 on a Thursday night. I believe Canton South beat the Tornadoes once. I also think they rematched in the playoffs during that time.

It use to be a great competitive series about 15 years ago. I remembered they played week 1 on a Thursday night. I believe Canton South beat the Tornadoes once. I also think they rematched in the playoffs during that time.
It was actually very competitive. They played 6 times in 4 years from 06-09. Dover won in 06 and 09, while Canton South won in 07 and 08. They actually rematched in the playoffs in 07 and 08, as well, with Dover winning both playoff games. Most of the games were very close, and with the season starting, and sometimes ending with this game, it turned into a nice little rivalry. Phila’s old coach being at Canton South now adds to the intrigue, as well.