2022-2023 Ohio State Basketball

Jeff Goodman casually floating Holtmann as a current high-major name that "makes sense" for Notre Dame with Mike Brey retiring. There's no way we could be that fortunate.

Besides, I think that job has Porter Moser written all over it.
He's had three good years in over 20. They'd be swapping a 54 in for a 63. Go younger?

Jeff Goodman casually floating Holtmann as a current high-major name that "makes sense" for Notre Dame with Mike Brey retiring. There's no way we could be that fortunate.

Besides, I think that job has Porter Moser written all over it.
Goodman has been a longtime hard rider on Holtmann. Take it with a grain of salt?

Goodman has been a longtime hard rider on Holtmann. Take it with a grain of salt?
Believe me, I did. The tweet below might be one of the worst homer coach jock rider tweets I've ever seen. He tried to favorably compare Holtmann to the very worst of Matta (and what got him fired), and then made the mistake of doubling down and stating Holtmann's record.

The Big Ten usually has a lot of depth, but 60-45 with the bottom falling out in year 6 is nothing to write home about...especially when he went 15-3 with Thad's players in year 1. He is 45-42 in league play since, and seems very likely at the moment to be under .500 excluding that season after this year.

I have nothing to add to the coaching discussion except OSU would not hire Beard, and I hope they would not hire or either of the Pitinos. Senior is just slimy and Junior has a whiny face that I just want to smack every time I see it on TV.

Believe me, I did. The tweet below might be one of the worst homer coach jock rider tweets I've ever seen. He tried to favorably compare Holtmann to the very worst of Matta (and what got him fired), and then made the mistake of doubling down and stating Holtmann's record.

The Big Ten usually has a lot of depth, but 60-45 with the bottom falling out in year 6 is nothing to write home about...especially when he went 15-3 with Thad's players in year 1. He is 45-42 in league play since, and seems very likely at the moment to be under .500 excluding that season after this year.

Goodman with the dumbest statement and post ever. Anyone on here not take Thad Matta and what we had with him over what we have with Holtmann right now?! Cuz I would.

Goodman with the dumbest statement and post ever. Anyone on here not take Thad Matta and what we had with him over what we have with Holtmann right now?! Cuz I would.
Eh. For their careers at OSU? Sure. But Thad had to go. He physically could not perform the duties for the job.

Really hope Iowa finds a way to win this. OSU might actually play hard today. Need to fight through it and beat the hapless Buckeyes

Only at OSU with Holtmann do you see a lineup of 6'0, 6'3, 6'3, 6'6, 6'7. Absolutely diminutive that will never be able to compete against a decent sized team. If it means more losses though then I'm all aboard

That’s the best you could do with 10 seconds to go in the half? Likele wildly dribbling and laying up a brick?

Matta lost like 15 games in a row his last year. That may be off but they went 2 months without winning if I’m remembering correct

- Sueing has been god awful the last three games. Should not be on the court. I blame the hair change - the new cornrows are too tight on his head. Go back to the big afro!
Nailed it! keep the afro, he was much better yesterday.

Buckeyes play well, get a nice W on national TV, and some so-called "fans" are rooting against them, betting against them (and losing - LOL), and complaining like spoiled little girls. Worst "fans" in the country.

My observations on the game:
- Nice to see Gayle get more minutes and play well - needs a few more minutes
- Nice to see Likekele finally be the leader and player he was supposed to be. Don;t need 17 points every game from him, but maybe 10 and that floor leadership is important.
- Sueing much better with the afro
- Okpara was a force - more minutes for him please
- Thornton really struggling
- As I posted earlier in the week, Key is still hurting and lacking his touch around the basket. Hope the leg injury is not bad.
- Really going to enjoy watching Sensabaugh for his 1 year at OSU.
- McNeil should start for Thornton next game
- keep Gayle and Likekele in the lineup too. Great defensive backcourt with those two.

If Likele could actually be respectable on offense and not a total black hole then he should be starting over Thornton. Can’t start them together because it would a diminutive and awful defense for a back court.