What are you watching?

Noma's hottest dish: Currently serving grilled reindeer heart on a bed of fresh pine, and saffron ice cream in a beeswax bowl. And this is probably what the kitchen at this place is like:

I wonder if I could ever get rich enough to be impressed by that kind of stuff. If I had the kind of money you need to frequent a place like that, I'd probably just go to BKing and not ask about what the specials were.

Very much looking forward to "The Last of Us" premier on HBO Max this weekend. This is an adaptation of the zombie apocalypse video game of the same title, one of my very favorite games I've played. Well technically not zombies as the infection is cordyceps fungus taking over the brain (which is a real thing among insects). Early reviews are it won't disappoint (I mean, how can you beat Nick Offerman as a paranoid doomsday prepper?)

Started watching a new Netflix series the other day, Kaleidoscope. It's a bank heist type of show, but apparently every viewer is being given the episodes in different orders, so that's an interesting twist. Only watched one episode so far, but want to spend some serious time watching it all at the same time.

Started watching a new Netflix series the other day, Kaleidoscope. It's a bank heist type of show, but apparently every viewer is being given the episodes in different orders, so that's an interesting twist. Only watched one episode so far, but want to spend some serious time watching it all at the same time.

haven't started that, but yes have been interested. I guess it's made that you can watch all of the episodes in any order that you like, resembling what you see in a Kaleidoscope.

Finished up the Bear last night and the final episode was fantastic, Jeremy Allen White deserved the Golden Globe he won because of his performance in this episode. Looking forward to the next season and them moving into some new ideas/themes.

Also been watching with the wife Abbot Elementary, have not seen much chatter on this thread about this show but the series is really the hot episodic show now and Quinta Brunson is the current "it" girl in Hollywood. I really like it and I get a politically incorrect Good Times vibe from it including their own version of Buffalo Butt. Some funny takes on urban life and makes fun of many cultures along the way.

Also been watching with the wife Abbot Elementary, have not seen much chatter on this thread about this show but the series is really the hot episodic show now and Quinta Brunson is the current "it" girl in Hollywood. I really like it and I get a politically incorrect Good Times vibe from it including their own version of Buffalo Butt. Some funny takes on urban life and makes fun of many cultures along the way.
I've always been a fan of the actor that played in "Everybody Hates Chris". Saw him in an ad for this show and planned on giving it a watch.

Very much looking forward to "The Last of Us" premier on HBO Max this weekend. This is an adaptation of the zombie apocalypse video game of the same title, one of my very favorite games I've played. Well technically not zombies as the infection is cordyceps fungus taking over the brain (which is a real thing among insects). Early reviews are it won't disappoint (I mean, how can you beat Nick Offerman as a paranoid doomsday prepper?)

It’s going to be good, just as long as they pretend the 2nd game doesn’t exist. Ellie can’t carry the show w/o Joel, that will not work for a major tv drama.

That 90’s Show- meh. The show would be better if they picked up with the original cast, the teen actors blow and their scenes are cringey.

Well, I had to sit through 2 seasons of Single's Inferno. Basically Korean Too Hot to Handle but with people who are seemingly not a hot mess. I don't know enough about Korean culture to know for sure, but it definitely seems like they're a more well adjusted people.

Yeah, I echo this loudly.

Found the show scrolling my hulu free trial and searched for a mention. Bob had before but cryptic.

Words are fast, I had to use the subtitles to follow.
Agree on The Bear. The tone of the whole thing is very unique...can't really describe it. It "feels" extremely authentic. I enjoyed it a lot

Agree on The Bear. The tone of the whole thing is very unique...can't really describe it. It "feels" extremely authentic. I enjoyed it a lot
As much as I enjoyed first season, the indication that they're going full on foo-foo restaurant kind of take away the "for the people" vibe. I enjoyed first season. Cuz is right. They have a customer base and they're the ones that serve that base. They change to something new completely, the normals lose.

As much as I enjoyed first season, the indication that they're going full on foo-foo restaurant kind of take away the "for the people" vibe. I enjoyed first season. Cuz is right. They have a customer base and they're the ones that serve that base. They change to something new completely, the normals lose.
The way season 1 ended, I did comment to the missus that I thought a 2nd season would be particularly challenging. If the restaurant going upscale, they almost need a new cast. Cuz can’t work in a nice restaurant.

Bad Batch
Star Wars: Resistance, not a big fan of the sequels, but giving it a go. Basically about a Resistance spy Poe sends to an outspost to look for First Order activity. Written by Dave Filoni (Mandalorian, Clone Wars, Rebels, Bad Batch) so I thought I'd give it a try in between new Bad Batch episodes.