Midwest Athletic Conference 2023

Who Wins The MAC in 2023?

• Total voters
just JH, the Police Chief of Minster started the program up...... not sure how many kids are in it
Good to see. You're not likely to lose a whole lot of basketball players to the wrestling program, maybe 1 or 2 every few years, but you will give non-basketball players and football players something to do in the winter. I wish all football players would either wrestle or play basketball in the winter

Do any of the MAC wrestling programs have girls wrestling? DSJ has three in jr. high. It's a rapidly growing segment of the sport.

I heard that Minster had started a youth wrestling program and I guess some have moved up to Junior High now.
As for girls wrestling in Versailles, no girls wrestling team at this point and there has not been any girls on the other teams.

Versailles Wrestling Roster
106 Huber
113 Deland Football player
120 Brown
126 Demange
132 Bergman will be varsity FB 2023
138 Batty Varsty FB 2022
144 Platfoot Varsity FB 2022
150 Barga will be varsity FB 2023
157 Grilliot
165 Osborne Varsity FB 2021,22,23
175 Epperly
190 Stover Varsity FB 22
215 Gehret Varsity FB 22,23
HW John's FB player

Any body know Coldwater's Varsity Wrestling line up?
I know at 190 will be interesting between CW Ontrop vs Stover and 215 with CW Fox vs Gehret. I think Fox has come down from HW and Gehret up from 175 last year.

Girls in youth, Jr. High and maybe the small weight classes in high school may do Ok but most girls can't handle testosterone layden boys.

Girls in youth, Jr. High and maybe the small weight classes in high school may do Ok but most girls can't handle testosterone layden boys.
We have a couple 106 lbers in Indiana that can become the first female placers this year. Ocampo won the prestigious Mishawaka tournament this year at 106. The first female wrestler to do so.

Versailles Wrestling Roster
106 Huber
113 Deland Football player
120 Brown
126 Demange
132 Bergman will be varsity FB 2023
138 Batty Varsty FB 2022
144 Platfoot Varsity FB 2022
150 Barga will be varsity FB 2023
157 Grilliot
165 Osborne Varsity FB 2021,22,23
175 Epperly
190 Stover Varsity FB 22
215 Gehret Varsity FB 22,23
HW John's FB player

Any body know Coldwater's Varsity Wrestling line up?
I know at 190 will be interesting between CW Ontrop vs Stover and 215 with CW Fox vs Gehret. I think Fox has come down from HW and Gehret up from 175 last year.
Dual tonight at 6:30. Commentator and all on NFHS.

Unrelated but being from Coldwater you probably like watching the play on the diamond. Marion's sophomore class is pretty good at baseball. Most of them are playing some form of summer ball this upcoming year such as legion or travel over acme which is a first. Wouldnt be surprised to see a few of them sign on to play college ball in the next few years. All are on the FB team as well. If you're into baseball and looking for a team that may surprise look at the Flyers (ik it sounds weird that Marion can surprise you but their baseball has been atrocious for the last 2 decades at least). I also believe that Brookhart who was supposed to play QB from st henry signed to play ball somewhere. So definitely a great showing across the sport spectrum from the MAC this year.

Last edited:
so besides talent what has changed to make this happen for ML baseball?
I'd say it has a lot to do with drive and coaching. They found a coach that is very good at getting what he needs out of his players and they went through little league, pony league, etc with dads who were actually good at baseball and pushed them to be good at fundamentals. The sophomore class also has a drive to be excellent at baseball that you never saw in previous classes. They put in extra work and get right into it after football.

MAC baseball. Versailles hired new head baseball coach. Brad Koopman. He will have to sort though a lot of players to set a starting line up. He could have a couple real nice arms to work with.
Could be a battle for MAC champ between several teams.

WRESTLING. Versailles Varsity wrestling team won 38 to 33 over Brookville yesterday to advance as one of 8 teams to state duals next week hosted at Versailles.

Week two New Bremen vs Mechanicsburg should be a nice early season test for an inexperienced Cards team.

Last edited:
MAC baseball. Versailles hired new head baseball coach. Brad Koopman. He will have to sort though a lot of players to set a starting line up. He could have a couple real nice arms to work with.
Could be a battle for MAC champ between several teams.

WRESTLING. Versailles Varsity wrestling team won 38 to 33 over Brookville yesterday to advance as one of 8 teams to state duals next week hosted at Versailles.
When's the wrestling tournament start over here? Indiana has their finals next weekend.