Kitty Litter Revelation

IVCguy

Cat litter is a scam - an absolute rip off. A 40 pound box of A&H Multi-Cat Litter costs over $20 and lasts a few weeks.

Over Christmas my daughter said she had seen something on the internet about a litter that works better, is cheaper, and lasts a lot longer.

I was skeptical. Too good to be true. We went to Tractor Supply Co and bought a 40 pound
bag of TSC "Pelltized Bedding for Horses and Small Animals." The cost was under $8.

When we first put it in, I said, "That's not going to work." I thought the odor would be worse and that it would be harder to clean. And it looked strange.

But it keeps odors at a minimum (better than standard litter) and there is less complete emptying of the box. It has greater urine absorbancy. The best thing is we have 2 litter boxes and one bag of bedding lasts 2 months. This product is better in every respect than the more expensive litter.

Now, you still have to scoop turds and put a fresh layer of pellets in once a week and empty/clean the box about once a month. But your cost goes down from $40/mo to $4 and you have less odors and a little less work and aggravation.

You're welcome. :)

Last edited:

Cat litter is a scam - an absolute rip off. A 40 pound box of A&H Multi-Cat Litter costs over $20 and lasts a few weeks.

Over Christmas my daughter said she had seen something on the internet about a litter that works better, is cheaper, and lasts a lot longer.

I was skeptical. Too good to be true. We went to Tractor Supply Co and bought a 40 pound
bag of TSC "Pelltized Bedding for Horses and Small Animals." The cost was under $8.

When we first put it in, I said, "That's not going to work." I thought the odor would be worse and that it would be harder to clean. And it looked strange.

But it keeps odors at a minimum (better than standard litter) and there is less complete emptying of the box. It has greater urine absorbancy. The best thing is we have 2 litter boxes and one bag of bedding lasts 2 months. This product is better in every respect than the more expensive litter.

Now, you still have to scoop turds and put a fresh layer of pellets in once a week and empty/clean the box about once a month. But your cost goes down from $40/mo to $4 and you have less odors and a little less work and aggravation.

Does it clump?

Does it clump?
The urine breaks the pellets down and they go to the bottom and create a layer down there. No odor.

It does not clump the turds, but it dries them out and absorbs the odor. The one downside would be when you scoop turds, you can't seperate the turds from the litter pellets.

But the other benefits and cost make it a great alternative if you are tired of the racket Big Kitty Litter is running. Lol.

The urine breaks the pellets down and they go to the bottom and create a layer down there. No odor.

It does not clump the turds, but it dries them out and absorbs the odor. The one downside would be when you scoop turds, you can't seperate the turds from the litter pellets.

But the other benefits and cost make it a great alternative if you are tired of the racket Big Kitty Litter is running. Lol.
Appreciate the head's up. I have coincidentally been conducting some recent kitty litter research/discovery in our neck of the woods. Lol. We have a recurring order through Chewy, so automatically delivered. But to your point, the pricing is out of control. Our only issue is a potential for picky users. :ROFLMAO:

Appreciate the head's up. I have coincidentally been conducting some recent kitty litter research/discovery in our neck of the woods. Lol. We have a recurring order through Chewy, so automatically delivered. But to your point, the pricing is out of control. Our only issue is a potential for picky users. :ROFLMAO:
My wife is one death in the family away from being a cat hoarder. We have one outside that lives in a heated house. It's fun to tell people I maintain a cat house. That cat can't get along with other cats.

We have usually had 1-2 indoor cats. Right now we have one cat we picked and two more who picked us. One came in the engine compartment of a car that traveled from Guernsey Co to here. Wifey, of course, had to bring that one home. The other one showed up last fall, half starved and a real lover. I said it had to stay outside. 2 days later it was laying around my neck while I was in my recliner. I still don't know how that happened.

But these brats will only eat 1 kind of food: Purina Cat Naturals. If you put anything else in front of them, they look at you like: "You don't expect me to eat this #$%^, do you?

Guess what is hard to find? Purina Cat Naturals. I try to buy 2 or 3 bags when I find it and I start looking when I'm down to one bag. I have driven over 100 miles total to find a bag of it when I got caught short. It's a ridiculous situation.

My wife is one death in the family away from being a cat hoarder. We have one outside that lives in a heated house. It's fun to tell people I maintain a cat house. That cat can't get along with other cats.

We have usually had 1-2 indoor cats. Right now we have one cat we picked and two more who picked us. One came in the engine compartment of a car that traveled from Guernsey Co to here. Wifey, of course, had to bring that one home. The other one showed up last fall, half starved and a real lover. I said it had to stay outside. 2 days later it was laying around my neck while I was in my recliner. I still don't know how that happened.

But these brats will only eat 1 kind of food: Purina Cat Naturals. If you put anything else in front of them, they look at you like: "You don't expect me to eat this #$%^, do you?

Guess what is hard to find? Purina Cat Naturals. I try to buy 2 or 3 bags when I find it and I start looking when I'm down to one bag. I have driven over 100 miles total to find a bag of it when I got caught short. It's a ridiculous situation.
They do have one Purina Cat Naturals on Chewy (Purina Cat Chow Naturals Original with Added Vitamins, Minerals & Nutrients Dry Cat Food). $23.99 for an 18-lb. bag. Not sure if this is the one, or if there are other variations. But it could save you the road-trip. That is, unless you prefer the time away from the Mrs. and the cat hoard on occasion. Lol.

But it could save you the road-trip. That is, unless you prefer the time away from the Mrs. and the cat hoard on occasion. Lol.
Don't forget the 2 golden doodles.

$23.99 is about what the Naturals run for an 18 lbs bag.

I do some online ordering, but because of my age, stubbornness, and entrenched ways, I still mostly go to a store. My kids make fun of me for that - but that's an essential requirement to be a kid. They also ridicule me for always trying to pay with cash.

Basically, change is my enemy. I have to be forced or slowly see the light. Lol.

Don't forget the 2 golden doodles.

$23.99 is about what the Naturals run for an 18 lbs bag.

I do some online ordering, but because of my age, stubbornness, and entrenched ways, I still mostly go to a store. My kids make fun of me for that - but that's an essential requirement to be a kid. They also ridicule me for always trying to pay with cash.

Basically, change is my enemy. I have to be forced or slowly see the light. Lol.
The more cash used, the more change you're likely to receive. There's the problem! Lol.

But seriously, I get what you're saying. I have certain habits/rituals that will never change, regardless of technological advance and convenience. And in other respects, I have embraced progress with open arms. i.e. DoorDash has changed my life, and my waist-size. Lol.

I have no relationship with any manufacturer of kitty litter. Lol.

1674084362043.png

or use the neighbors flower bed, is even cheaper

I have no relationship with any manufacturer of kitty litter. Lol.

Just a pissed off cat owner who got more angry every time I had to buy litter. Found a great alternative.
Hay IVC. , how are your 16 TSC stores doing? Still glad you became a regional manager in charge of increasing same store sales?

I’m more interested in whether this Pelletized Bedding will give me better traction when I’m stuck in snow and ice.

I’m more interested in whether this Pelletized Bedding will give me better traction when I’m stuck in snow and ice.
Yes!! It is also far superior for stopping those oil spills from running onto the neighbors property and getting that dreaded EPA visit.

These are INDOOR cats. Lol.

And, my neighbors are down the road, not 50 ft away. I love my neighbors, but it would be a good idea if you didn't!
put them on a long leash...... so indoor cats don't know how to poop outside?