Spring Football

They can choose to play football for a non-OHSAA program and play spring football then as well. That is a choice, just not a choice you like.
Freedom of choice means permissibility to select an option without undue or arbitrary restrictions from an outside entity.

Freedom of choice means permissibility to select an option without undue or arbitrary restrictions from an outside entity.
Yeah, if you chose to play football for a non-OHSAA school in the fall and then also spring football, you have no undue or arbitrary restrictions from any outside entity. Total freedom! Available to everyone, right now, this very moment. Glad we agree.

Bottom line. Is the purpose of high school football to prepare players for college? If it is then the hs are doing a lousy job going on the numbers provided by the NCAA. The vast majority of hs players are not going to play in college even at the D3 level. Would spring football be good for them?
The purpose of high school football is not to prepare players for college. That is evident by the very very small number of kids that play at the next level.

My point is spring football would make players better if not why do they have spring football in other states just for the heck of it I doubt it. Some posters say it wouldn't make for a better "product" I disagree.

spring practice is more about creating a better team and player development is simply a by-product

Total freedom! Available to everyone, right now, this very moment. Glad we agree.
Club and OHSAA HS volleyball ok.
Club and OHSAA HS baseball ok.
Club and OHSAA HS basketball ok.
Club and OHSAA HS soccer ok.
Club and OHSAA HS softball ok.
Club and OHSAA HS football restricted.
Appears arbitrary to me.
Looks like our disagreement is mostly philosophical. I believe in personal freedom to make choices for ourselves and on behalf of our children. You fall more on the side of governmental and quasi-governmental control to restrict personal freedom.

Club and OHSAA HS volleyball ok.
Club and OHSAA HS baseball ok.
Club and OHSAA HS basketball ok.
Club and OHSAA HS soccer ok.
Club and OHSAA HS softball ok.
Club and OHSAA HS football restricted.
Appears arbitrary to me.
Looks like our disagreement is mostly philosophical. I believe in personal freedom to make choices for ourselves and on behalf of our children. You fall more on the side of governmental and quasi-governmental control to restrict personal freedom.
They aren’t restricting your freedom because you don’t have to be a part of the OHSAA. You haven’t addressed that point yet.