Massillon Tigers to play Valdosta in NE Ohio Classic

The game is on a Friday night so the majority of “outside” fans will be at their game. I would think somewhere between 10-12k.
The days of getting anymore then that at a regular season game are long gone, unless it’s Mass v mck or some game late in the season where both teams are undefeated and have big followings.
depends.... will espn pick up this game?

The OHSAA rule for travel has always been that you can travel to surrounding states without issue. But to go further you can only travel if it doesn't interfere with classes. Since Week 1 is before the start of most high school calendars, they're safe to travel far.

The OHSAA rule for travel has always been that you can travel to surrounding states without issue. But to go further you can only travel if it doesn't interfere with classes. Since Week 1 is before the start of most high school calendars, they're safe to travel far.
Missed school time isn't part of the bylaw anymore. Just need to fill out a form and have it approved by OHSAA.

Cocoa and Chaminade Madonna both played Ed’s, in Ohio though.

Eagles have played 4 Florida teams and are 4-0 in those games (all in Ohio).

2006: Ed’s 14, Chaminade-Madonna 7
2011: Ed’s 52, Tampa Jefferson 13
2015: Ed’s 24, Cocoa 14
2015: Ed’s 47, Mainland 28

Last edited:
Even in the middle of January it’s 🐅 on the 🧠.
img.jpeg

Must win game for the state of Ohio. This is the type of game that could put the state back on the map. Would not be a good look for a team from the south to come into Ohio and win

Must win game for the state of Ohio. This is the type of game that could put the state back on the map. Would not be a good look for a team from the south to come into Ohio and win
Doubtful that anyone would bat an eye at a 7A with a reputation of its own beating a considerably smaller school.

Credit to Nate Moore and whoever else worked this out. The Tigers dodge nobody and as a fan....thats fun. I couldn't imagine being a fan of a school who dodged the big dog on the block, it would be embarrassing.
Avoiding big dogs, little dogs or any dogs whatsoever, that’s just embarrassing when the overwhelming majority of teams in each region make the playoffs.

Seeing the information provided by DaveDawg on the Fed thread, one would think he had MUCH bigger worries than Massillon's week 1 opponent.
JLP, I made no comment about Massillon's week one opponent. None... until now...
Valdosta is very familiar with long-standing rivalry games and the big time atmospheres that go with them but they are no way ready for what will hit them in Massillon.

JLP, I made no comment about Massillon's week one opponent. None... until now...
Valdosta is very familiar with long-standing rivalry games and the big time atmospheres that go with them but they are no way ready for what will hit them in Massillon.
They're gonna experience tuffness.

Fried green tomatoes, grits, biscuits and country ham

vs

Gold n Krisp chips, John George's double trouble subs, Kraus's Pizza, German fries and Cameo burgers.

Massillon by a bunch.

Now that's just ridiculous. This team leads the country in victories. Valdosta's tradition is a as rich if not more so than Massillons. This game will not be anything they are not accustomed to. If Massillon is not fully prepared, they will get punched in the nose and lose.

I think he was referring to the usual trolls downplaying this game.