Youngstown Area Coaching Changes

It’s absolutely laughable the love fest that Malutic Live has for this guy. Only assistant coach in the area that gets mentioned for anything and they scored 30 points all season last season under him.

Oh thats where the name comes from. I was wondering how people randomly know who the OC at Leetonia?? is and figured it was the man himself or a family member hyping his name. So 3ppg huh? Gotcha. He'll have some nice talent at Mathews to work with so hopefully he doesn't squander it.

It’s absolutely laughable the love fest that Malutic Live has for this guy. Only assistant coach in the area that gets mentioned for anything and they scored 30 points all season last season under him.
He grew up with the kid and he’s from
Lowellville of course he’s gonna back his guy. Everyone knows the Malutic kid doesn’t really know football he’s just good at getting people to text him scores

Lot of good coaches in the area, not a lot of good Jimmy’s and Joe’s unless you ask their parents
I can’t agree more. We are very blessed in the valley to follow some real heavy hitters in November. But outside of that, I find the rest to be actually pretty terrible. It seems like everyone wants to run the spread with Corgis instead of German Shepards. I mean, they stink. The quarterback play is horrible. I have seen so many games where teams stink. And I am always blown away that communities don’t look at their teams and know that coaches are trying, but their kids stink.

Remember that there are some very putrid coaches going 9-1 and some outstanding coaches going 5-5.

Anyone watch Leetonia last year actually? No talent whatsoever. Think Belichick woulda went 0-10 there last year lol

Watched them on tape and played against them. They wanted to be really creative on offense and didn't have the dudes for it, they also neglected to adapt to their roster and wanted to get too cute with some of their schemes. Not impressed with Proto or Drew after last year, and now both are gone.

Watched them on tape and played against them. They wanted to be really creative on offense and didn't have the dudes for it, they also neglected to adapt to their roster and wanted to get too cute with some of their schemes. Not impressed with Proto or Drew after last year, and now both are gone.

Thats the key. The go to line of "Sean McVay could have coached them and they'd still stink on offense" has some truth to it but it's also about doing the best with what you have and play to their strengths. That gets overlooked by many.

Malutic has an obvious bias with his "guys" and teams aka Lowellville. Just look at how high he has his basketball standings for the boys. That's why people don't really respect him.

As far as Protopapa is concerned, he should never have left Lowellville after the 2002 season. He had a good team there coming back in 2003 but left for a teaching gig in EP. He wanted out of teaching in the city and who could blame him.

Lot of good coaches in the area, not a lot of good Jimmy’s and Joe’s unless you ask their parents
Lol. Lots of good coaches in this area? I don't see it. I see a few top programs who are stocked full of quality coaches. Most programs are struggling to find 1-2 quality coaches.

Given what Leetonia had, they might as well been playing St Ed’s. I’m not saying one way or the other about the specific coach in question, but you can’t judge what happened this year at leetonia, they were levels below talent wise even the other bad teams in the EOAC, I’m pretty sure they started a girl on the offensive line all year. Hulea had success in large part because he had much better players led by the Ferry brothers. He left because he saw the writing on the wall with what was coming up (their starting qb also left for columbiana).

As far as Protopapa is concerned, he should never have left Lowellville after the 2002 season. He had a good team there coming back in 2003 but left for a teaching gig in EP. He wanted out of teaching in the city and who could blame him.
Protopapa didn't use the remaining talent from 2002 in EP. He changed everything around and had who should have been the QB, playing line. Needless to say, he bombed at EP for 3 years.

Watched Leetonia vs. Mathews last year. A tale of two programs in different places. Do not think there was much Proto or mclaughlin could of done. Good for mclaughlin if hes going to Mathews, this will be his true test if he can run an offense or not. They got the dudes

C
Watched Leetonia vs. Mathews last year. A tale of two programs in different places. Do not think there was much Proto or mclaughlin could of done. Good for mclaughlin if hes going to Mathews, this will be his true test if he can run an offense or not. They got the dudes
Can’t tell if you are kidding because you finish it with “they got the dudes”. They played 2 teams twice in a season and their best team in their conference, PV, who they got thumped by went 4-6. I have no idea how that place is even in operation anymore. It should have merged with Brookfield and Badger a long time ago

Badger and Sebring are the two districts that amaze me. All those city schools that have merged over the decades and I can't think of any rural county schools that have off the top of my head in the MV area.
Badger Mathews and Brookfield should have formed 1 school in Hartford (center point of all 3) back when the state was building new schools. Now that Brookfield and Badger have new schools and Mathews doesn’t it will never happen. Maybe Mathews will close on day and send kids to all the neighboring districts but that doesn’t look likely anytime soon