New to Ohio

Zeke15

Moving to Ohio and will be living somewhere between Cincinnati and Dayton. Got 2 questions for the group.

What do you recommend for wreling clubs and why? We are willing and ready to drive if needed to get to the right club.

What are the recommendations for high schools with good wrestling and academic's?

My son is a freshman in high school right now. He will be finishing this high school season where he is. Plan to get him into his new school come spring.

Im just in temporary housing atm while we look for a house and school. Can be anywhere from Cincinnati to Dayton.

He's been wrestling for around 8 years now. Wrestling 120 right now.

Im just in temporary housing atm while we look for a house and school. Can be anywhere from Cincinnati to Dayton.

He's been wrestling for around 8 years now. Wrestling 120 right now.
Zeke, there are MANY great Club programs. Collin Palmer has an intense program, St Ed’s May be arguably the the best in the state. It all depends on how for you are willing to travel.

What city did you move to?
Kids experience? Weight?
Was asking which city to get a better idea, Dayton to Cincinnati is actually a decent drive so wanted to figure out which area he was closer to before I recommended a club.

Wanted to know weight because different clubs have better wrestlers at different weights, some clubs are loaded at lighter weights with no heavyweights etc.
? Ughhhhhhhhh

Prodigy has some tough kids around that weight.... especially good on the Tuesday night live nights (around 90 this past Tuesday I believe) their freestyle/Greco is pretty good in the spring

Dayton doesn’t really have any clubs or high schools that are known for wrestling. Cincy has Lasalle, Moeller , Elder in the GCL, it really depends on your kid and his goals. Club wise again tough call because none of the clubs in that are have consistently been good. Up in Cleveland is where u will find the hotbed of wrestling and Columbus has a nice stable of wrestlers at a few clubs, Palmer, Miron.

Dayton doesn’t really have any clubs or high schools that are known for wrestling. Cincy has Lasalle, Moeller , Elder in the GCL, it really depends on your kid and his goals. Club wise again tough call because none of the clubs in that are have consistently been good. Up in Cleveland is where u will find the hotbed of wrestling and Columbus has a nice stable of wrestlers at a few clubs, Palmer, Miron.

Springboro is better than all of the teams that you just listed.

School Report Cards:
Division 1:
Division 2: none
Division 3:

5 ⭐️ schools in district dual championship: Springboro, Beavercreek & Brookville

There's that Private School just to the North of Dayton thats kinda know for their Wrestling. St. Something or another.

Seriously surprised no one mentioned St. Paris Graham to him. ( and no they really aren't a Private)

Small town who has Won 23 straight Division 2 Titles in the 2nd largest Wrestling class in Ohio, many years Nationally ranked .

Noted your son has already 8 years experience if he didn't i wouldn't recommend throwing him into that room .

Seriously surprised no one mentioned St. Paris Graham to him. ( and no they really aren't a Private)

Small town who has Won 23 straight Division 2 Titles in the 2nd largest Wrestling class in Ohio, many years Nationally ranked .

Noted your son has already 8 years experience if he didn't i wouldn't recommend throwing him into that room .
Few things here....That is north of Dayton, so not sure if that was in his range. We also do not know how good his kid is, so going into that room and not starting may not be what they are looking for. They may be looking for a school they can get into the lineup in. I have no idea, maybe he is a good wrestler, but hes going to have to be a really good wrestler most likely, to get into their lineup. Just something to think about.

Few things here....That is north of Dayton, so not sure if that was in his range. We also do not know how good his kid is, so going into that room and not starting may not be what they are looking for. They may be looking for a school they can get into the lineup in. I have no idea, maybe he is a good wrestler, but hes going to have to be a really good wrestler most likely, to get into their lineup. Just something to think about.
Was thinking more along the lines he was looking for a Off Season room to train in. And he said willing to travel. Miron, Palmer, Beast , Goats all as far or farther than North of Dayton.

Was thinking more along the lines he was looking for a Off Season room to train in. And he said willing to travel. Miron, Palmer, Beast , Goats all as far or farther than North of Dayton.
For sure, all of those are great options and you are not wrong. He also asked about high schools for his son to attend. So that is where I was going with that part.

Heck Palmer has kids come from St Louis to train with him . Wrestlers and their Parents are some dedicated people.

If him and DeSales didn't run such a clean program they would be loaded with kids from Colorado to Fla. and be a Top 15 Nationally ranked team.

Much appreciated all the response. Alot of info and options for us to digest. Will probably take him to some different clubs in the off season to see where he fits. Looks like there are lots of options.

Schools is a tough one looks like. Appreciate all the options. Just as a reference point. Beat the #2 kid in Oregon 5a division last week. Divisions are 1a-6a, with 1 being the smallest and 6 being the largest of schools. He is in a 5A school currently called Crecent Valley. He did wrestle at Ironman going 1-2. Small picture I know but should help a little.

A) "somewhere between Cincinnati and Dayton"
B) "wrestling and academic's"
All shape & sizes of school districts (public, private, open enrollment, geographies, etc ) in the parameters of your request. Without a doubt, best Ohio wrestling "clubs" / schools are north of there, but SW district does still produce a high level competitors every year. Not sure if it is the norm everywhere, but clubs in SW Ohio seem to become feeders for a specific HS (Jordans - Graham; Prodigy - DC, Legacy, etc; Spatola - Lasalle, Moeller, ect), which in turn has made off season wrestling in the SW >30 different HS having their own open mat training, which reduces room size / partners. So if your willing to travel, you can find the right situation for your son.
Best of Luck