Olivia Dunn

Auggie

So while QBs are at the top of the NIL pecking order for NCAA male athletes a mid tier gymnast tops the list for female athletes. Olivia Dunn is currently worth over $2 million a year and is in the news for creating a security problem because of her fans:

Guess why she is so popular :)

1673623847145.png

My fave is all the butchy basketball players are ticked that she is pulling down the $s while they are getting chump change. NY Times did an entire column on this and guess what, it drew more attention to "Livvy" and upped her profile.

Female college athletes are making millions thanks to their large social media followings. But some who have fought for equity in women’s sports worry that their brand building is regressive.

This is the second time this week I've heard her name. Before that, I had no clue who she was. Imagine that, teenaged boys are going nuts for her - who would've thunk it?

Women being jealous of another woman for making money for herself, imagine that. Dunne is extremely attractive and she's getting what the market says she deserves.

She's followed in the NIL rankings by two blonde twin basketball players. I don't think the authorities anticipated the way this is going. LOL.
Actually she is followed by Sunisa Lee, a much more decorated Olympic level gymnast who was originally not going to go to college but because of NIL decided to and is cashing in. She has the little girl gymnastics following locked down, especially the Asians that look up to her as a role model. Outside of Lee and Paige Bueckers most of the top10 women's NIL earners have some sort of angle outside of sports to boost their profile. As called out most are good looking but also things like one is a solid rapper and one for filming the discrepancies between men's and women's facilities during the NCAA hoops tourney in the bubble. Let's say Sedona Prince doesn't have any fan boys following her but she did get a glowing column in the NY Times>

1673632563503.png

This is the second time this week I've heard her name. Before that, I had no clue who she was. Imagine that, teenaged boys are going nuts for her - who would've thunk it?
In the sports marketing world she has been a big name and many were wondering how the female side of NIL was going to play out. We thought the hot athlete would do well but not as well as Livvy has been, credit to her for maximizing the opportunity. We thought the Sunisa Lee model was going to be the big winner, decorated wholesome role model that companies looking to market to tween & teen girls would shower with $s. This thing is still in its infancy so this model may take over but never under estimate the power of horny teen age boys.

By the way Dunn & Lee are top 20 overall, men & women, according to On3: https://www.on3.com/nil/rankings/player/nil-100/ Sadly Bronny James, who doesn't need the extra $s is #1.

Last edited:
In the sports marketing world she has been a big name and many were wondering how the female side of NIL was going to play out. We thought the hot athlete would do well but not as well as Livvy has been, credit to her for maximizing the opportunity. We thought the Sunisa Lee model was going to be the big winner, decorated wholesome role model that companies looking to market to tween & teen girls would shower with $s. This thing is still in its infancy so this model may take over but never under estimate the power of horny teen age boys.

By the way Dunn & Lee are top 20 overall, men & women, according to On3: https://www.on3.com/nil/rankings/player/nil-100/ Sadly Bronny James, who doesn't need the extra $s is #1.
Bronny isn’t that good.

And yeah she’s hot, but there’s been hot female college athletes before. Not that it’s her fault, but I don’t understand the cultish following.

Yeah, well we all know Bronny wouldn't be #1 on the list if it was just for his basketball talents alone.

Actually she is followed by Sunisa Lee, a much more decorated Olympic level gymnast who was originally not going to go to college but because of NIL decided to and is cashing in. She has the little girl gymnastics following locked down, especially the Asians that look up to her as a role model. Outside of Lee and Paige Bueckers most of the top10 women's NIL earners have some sort of angle outside of sports to boost their profile. As called out most are good looking but also things like one is a solid rapper and one for filming the discrepancies between men's and women's facilities during the NCAA hoops tourney in the bubble. Let's say Sedona Prince doesn't have any fan boys following her but she did get a glowing column in the NY Times>

View attachment 38096
Sorry, I wasn't clear, I didn't mean immediately following. I was going off of memory from an article I read a while back. There are any number of sites ranking these with varying results. I recall Bronny James is way up on many lists also.

It's all in the marketing. Farrah Fawcett was good looking and some didn't get that poster but man did they market the heck out of that thing with those high beams staring you in the face. Livvy is just doing the same thing but instead of going through the local Spencers it is through social media:

The Farrah Fawcett thing was a completely different era. Difficult to compare. Dunne looks like one of hundreds of instagram models/influencers and it doesn't make much since why she has such a weird following

She's followed in the NIL rankings by two blonde twin basketball players. I don't think the authorities anticipated the way this is going. LOL.
I think this was totally predictable to anyone that somewhat understands social media. Hot chicks were going to cash in big time.

I know something that jumped out at me early on with NIL is that the twins transferred to Miami, who has been an NIL juggernaut in delivering paydays.

Slate gives a leftist college prof’s take on Livvy

Didn’t know until this column these teen boys also had a mommy angle to this. Not sure I get this.

Girl is cute so that is bad. If she was "butchy", used 10 pronouns then she would be perfect to those in the social media hell. How dare a young woman look like a young woman.

Also most dudes these days are trash. Tell a girl she is pretty or beautiful not hot or f-able.

Pretty sad that guys simp this hard for females and men wonder why a lot of times women have all of the power in relationships early on. This is why