ECC Eastern Cincinnati Conference 22-23

Just for my benefit, did you intend to say "reading comprehension"? Right now, I am unsure whether I should be offended or not....
I imagine this Colt guy is bitter about something, like his kid got cut by Jutze or wasn’t good enough or something. Why would you bash a coach this hard if something personal didn’t happen. Sounds like he, himself, is the bitter parent.

I imagine this Colt guy is bitter about something, like his kid got cut by Jutze or wasn’t good enough or something. Why would you bash a coach this hard if something personal didn’t happen. Sounds like he, himself, is the bitter parent.
Nah, Colt's alright.....he just gets a little sideways when he weighs in on this WC basketball stuff. For what it's worth, he used to be pretty tough on Maz. And, all Maz did was win 15-16 games every year and compete for league championships.

And this in a nutshell sums up the amateurish manner in which the WC Athletic Department is run. Parents are the dumbest people on the planet, and if they are allowed to have ANY influence into ANY aspect of coaching decisions you've got yourself an intramural program. The greatest fear the guy currently in charge of that department has is not one of his varsity squads going 0-22, it's his phone ringing on Monday morning with some irate parent complaining about little Joey's playing time. Million dollar facilities, being run by amateurs.
THIS is one of the sad realities now of HS sports ... too many "overly" involved parents/guardians.

Nah, Colt's alright.....he just gets a little sideways when he weighs in on this WC basketball stuff. For what it's worth, he used to be pretty tough on Maz. And, all Maz did was win 15-16 games every year and compete for league championships.
I had 2 issues with Maz.
1. He detected the future by putting nothing into the younger classes because he knew he was leaving.
2. He was over rated by the locals. The guy won 300 games over a 30 year career. That's an average of 10 wins a year. Most of those years he was the coach of by far the biggest school in his league. That is not impressive, but people act like he was Phil Jackson.

Sounds like projection or something to me. My kid never was an athlete. I watched the program from it's inception. I saw the way Jutze treated kids on the sidelines. I saw the way he demoralized good kids. I can't stand anyone who mistreats kids. If you think that makes me a bitter parent, you need to get some new priorities.

Sounds like projection or something to me. My kid never was an athlete. I watched the program from it's inception. I saw the way Jutze treated kids on the sidelines. I saw the way he demoralized good kids. I can't stand anyone who mistreats kids. If you think that makes me a bitter parent, you need to get some new priorities.
No question Colt is bitter about something and trying to throw a coach under a bus. I’m beginning to think he’s affiliated with the school in some capacity. Perhaps he’s the AD and trying to save face.

Big win for Turpin tonight. 55-54 over LaSalle. Hardewig had 28 on 11-19 shooting, 6-9 from 3, with 4 reb, 6 asst, and 2 steals. I’d say that qualifies as the offensive performance of the year so far in the ECC.

The tournament web site claims Hardewig had 29 points. https://www.holidayhardwoodclassic.com/
"Hardewig led all scorers with 29 points, including six three-pointers and was named the Beacon/TriHealth Player of the Game."

Here is a quote from him after the game.
"I came in hot because we were 0-3 against La Salle," Hardewig said after the game. We'd never beaten them. So I had a chip on my shoulder to start. Once I hit that first three, I felt that every shot was going to go in. They'd been punking us the past three years, beat us every time. Me and my dogs out there weren't gonna take that this time, we are going to fight until the bitter end."

Last edited:
The tournament web site claims Hardewig had 29 points. https://www.holidayhardwoodclassic.com/
"Hardewig led all scorers with 29 points, including six three-pointers and was named the Beacon/TriHealth Player of the Game."

"I came in hot because we were 0-3 against La Salle," Hardewig said after the game. We'd never beaten them. So I had a chip on my shoulder to start. Once I hit that first three, I felt that every shot was going to go in. They'd been punking us the past three years, beat us every time. Me and my dogs out there weren't gonna take that this time, we are going to fight until the bitter end."
Technically, Turpin won the game last year v La Salle via forfeit. But I suppose on the court, he was accurate.

Did anyone catch the Kings game last night? I missed it, but based only on Springboro's record, I was expecting to see a larger margin of victory than three points. What happened? It looks like they got up early, spent the second and third quarter losing the lead, fell behind in the third, and won the fourth decisively enough to close it out. They do close games well. Hopefully a close game will serve as motivation to come in focused against Mason tomorrow.

Did anyone catch the Kings game last night? I missed it, but based only on Springboro's record, I was expecting to see a larger margin of victory than three points. What happened? It looks like they got up early, spent the second and third quarter losing the lead, fell behind in the third, and won the fourth decisively enough to close it out. They do close games well. Hopefully a close game will serve as motivation to come in focused against Mason tomorrow.
Was wondering the same thing. And neither ECC or GWOC has posted full stats on their respective website.

Springboro is probably better than their record indicates being in the GWOC. I could be wrong because I’m definitely not a basketball guy. I plan on going to the Mason game tomorrow night.

Hard to believe the same LM team that beat Winton Woods and Middletown to start the year had to take it to OT to beat WC. Just goes to show you never know what you're going to get from 14-18 year olds on a given night.

Hard to believe the same LM team that beat Winton Woods and Middletown to start the year had to take it to OT to beat WC. Just goes to show you never know what you're going to get from 14-18 year olds on a given night.
Any team can be beat on a giving night, I think LM caught Middletown on an off night and WW fresh off losing in the playoffs in football where a few of the main guys are football players specifically their best player.

Kings @ Anderson
WW @ Milford
Walnut @ Turpin
Makes for a good night in the conference interested to see how this last month plays out!
I’m really excited for Kings @ Anderson tonight. I’m interested to see how Kings matches up with the Raptors size. Kings can get a clear path to the title if they win tonight. Such high stakes considering they only play once this season!

I’m really excited for Kings @ Anderson tonight. I’m interested to see how Kings matches up with the Raptors size. Kings can get a clear path to the title if they win tonight. Such high stakes considering they only play once this season!
As I am a Walnut fan I'm hoping for a Anderson victory and my Eagles are getting hot in the conference at the right time! It will definitely be a a great matchup to see I am heading to watch the Eagles take on Turpin

No question Colt is bitter about something and trying to throw a coach under a bus. I’m beginning to think he’s affiliated with the school in some capacity. Perhaps he’s the AD and trying to save face.
More projection from this clown. Just because you're homeboy couldn't pass the state mandated background check to coach, doesn't mean you should throw insults at the athletic director.

More projection from this clown. Just because you're homeboy couldn't pass the state mandated background check to coach, doesn't mean you should throw insults at the athletic director.
Yeah......there's plenty more better reasons to throw insults at that Athletic Director.

For sure a parent looking for scapegoat but got wrong guys going after coaches. His person/son whomever probably failed to live up to expectations so heave the blame on the coach and say stuff that has no factual base what so ever, just his tainted opinion. Throws things out there with no basic facts to back up and in some cases flat out wrong. Guys like him who can't except the fact that someone did not achieve the goals THEY set tend to be bitter and that is most certainly the case here. SAD

Walnut with a big win against Kings last night, I can only imagine Turpin and Anderson are loving that with now having a chance to atleast get a share of the league title now! Big takeaway is that Aaron Odum looked like a candidate for Offensive POY for the conference

Walnut with a big win against Kings last night, I can only imagine Turpin and Anderson are loving that with now having a chance to atleast get a share of the league title now! Big takeaway is that Aaron Odum looked like a candidate for Offensive POY for the conference
Did Odum not play in their first meeting? Regardless, I am not surprised by this result. Kings has had trouble matching up with athletic size this season. Should be an interesting final few weeks. Too bad Anderson does not play Kings a second time.

Did Odum not play in their first meeting? Regardless, I am not surprised by this result. Kings has had trouble matching up with athletic size this season. Should be an interesting final few weeks. Too bad Anderson does not play Kings a second time.
He played limited due to being sick and then Odom the center did not play they were down two starters the first matchup. Anderson's size is really impressive Im guessing Kings shot lights out in their meeting this season?

I am new to this page but is anyone paying attention to the stats not being entered for these games. Some games are in, and others are not. Little Miami is terrible at it. Half of the games are not in. Other teams have omitted games as well. How can you see true performances to choose 1st team and Player of the Year if teams are choosing the game stats they want to input.

I am new to this page but is anyone paying attention to the stats not being entered for these games. Some games are in, and others are not. Little Miami is terrible at it. Half of the games are not in. Other teams have omitted games as well. How can you see true performances to choose 1st team and Player of the Year if teams are choosing the game stats they want to input.
As a LM grad/fan I couldn't agree more. The LM coaching staff or AD needs to get it together. The scores they do report, they never have the box score entered. Its hard to follow who is doing well. What if they have a kid on a hot scoring streak that I may want to go check out? I have no idea who scores what, who averages what or who the starters even are. I'm half tempted to call or email they AD but I know it won't be taken seriously. Its pure laziness from a school that size, with plenty of resources to do something as simple as entering a score and box score on the league website.

As a LM grad/fan I couldn't agree more. The LM coaching staff or AD needs to get it together. The scores they do report, they never have the box score entered. Its hard to follow who is doing well. What if they have a kid on a hot scoring streak that I may want to go check out? I have no idea who scores what, who averages what or who the starters even are. I'm half tempted to call or email they AD but I know it won't be taken seriously. Its pure laziness from a school that size, with plenty of resources to do something as simple as entering a score and box score on the league website.
I am an LM grad and even offered to help with stats/any gameday help since I am back around the area. The AD told me to ask the coach and the coach told me to ask the AD. It is pure laziness. I've been to a handful of games and there are a few players that should be considered for conference awards. Elisha Jones is one of them, he's been playing super well lately and his stats should be spiked way higher than they are right now. I think he's been in the 15-20 point range the past 4 games, but of course, they don't have that in. He should be a first-team, but his stats on the website don't back that up.

I am an LM grad and even offered to help with stats/any gameday help since I am back around the area. The AD told me to ask the coach and the coach told me to ask the AD. It is pure laziness. I've been to a handful of games and there are a few players that should be considered for conference awards. Elisha Jones is one of them, he's been playing super well lately and his stats should be spiked way higher than they are right now. I think he's been in the 15-20 point range the past 4 games, but of course, they don't have that in. He should be a first-team, but his stats on the website don't back that up.
Its literally a website the coach logs into, he could give you the login info and add you to HUDL so if you can miss a game you can watch and enter it in. Most schools have students/volunteers that input at the scorers table with computer or tablet

Jones has been okay this season but all the stats are entered except for maybe 3 games so unless they are 20+ each game its not gonna boost him much and one of the games is against walnut and he did not play great in that game maybe he faired better with WW and NW to help. But the coaches vote on first and second team there are 12 spots in each conference but It'd be hard for me to see coaches voting him first team because the conference is LOADED with a lot of really good players. I don't see him earning a spot over any of the 12 below
Bostic
Starks
Hardewig
Odum
Morgan
Mussari
Noyes
Harmon
Engle
O'toole
Davidson
Dalen