Hot Chicken Takeover

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
Friends from Columbus are raving about this restaurant as the best chicken. Anyone else have it?

I’ve had it once before. It was ok, but I’ve had better Nashville Hot Chicken elsewhere. The one by us closed no more than a year after it opened so it must not have been very popular in our area

I’ve had it once before. It was ok, but I’ve had better Nashville Hot Chicken elsewhere. The one by us closed no more than a year after it opened so it must not have been very popular in our area
I had Gus's in Austin TX and thought that was much better.

I thought it was that Raising Cane's?

IDK, fancy beef I get. Chicken boob is chicken boob. There's coatings, whatever but NO amount of cooking adds much value to chicken boobs.
Chicken quality has fallen a lot over the years as they've juiced them up. Definitely prefer beef, although I do like the spices these places are throwing on chickens these days
chicken.jpg

I have had better Nashville hot chicken but Hot Chicken Takeover is still good, I especially like their fresh made ranch.

That picture of chickens OhioBobcat posted is highly accurate. Modern industrial chicken farms are brutal and smell gross, these chickens are so jacked up to get their breasts big that they basically cannot stand up as they are too top heavy, they also don't have much flavor as they are fed some bland cheap feed. I was at a better French restaurant in NYC and the server talked me into getting the coq au vin because the server said the chicken was free range some of the best he had tasted in a while. Glad I had it and the flavor was great, as they say it tasted like chicken :)

I have had better Nashville hot chicken but Hot Chicken Takeover is still good, I especially like their fresh made ranch.

That picture of chickens OhioBobcat posted is highly accurate. Modern industrial chicken farms are brutal and smell gross, these chickens are so jacked up to get their breasts big that they basically cannot stand up as they are too top heavy, they also don't have much flavor as they are fed some bland cheap feed. I was at a better French restaurant in NYC and the server talked me into getting the coq au vin because the server said the chicken was free range some of the best he had tasted in a while. Glad I had it and the flavor was great, as they say it tasted like chicken :)
I haven't bought chicken in a grocery store in years. I always go to Difeo's poultry on Grant st in Akron, you can really tell the difference in tast.

I've had Daves Hot Chicken and thought it was great but not one of the best things ever like a lot of people try and think it is. Can't believe I visited Nashville recently and did not make it to a Hot Chicken place

I've had Daves Hot Chicken and thought it was great but not one of the best things ever like a lot of people try and think it is. Can't believe I visited Nashville recently and did not make it to a Hot Chicken place
Hattie B's in Nashville is one of the originals and is the best I have ever had. I've not had Hot Chicken Takeover but every other place I've tried doesn't hold a candle to Hattie B's even when I like it. And they have Pimento Cheese Mac and Cheese which is a whole other conversation worth having.

We're getting over chickened in Canton. Going to have 2 Chick Fil As, Raising Canes, and a Bojangles basically on the same block, and a Slim Chickens down the road. So why not add a Popeyes and one of these.

Hattie B's in Nashville is one of the originals and is the best I have ever had. I've not had Hot Chicken Takeover but every other place I've tried doesn't hold a candle to Hattie B's even when I like it. And they have Pimento Cheese Mac and Cheese which is a whole other conversation worth having.
Next time I go I will not miss it

We're getting over chickened in Canton. Going to have 2 Chick Fil As, Raising Canes, and a Bojangles basically on the same block, and a Slim Chickens down the road. So why not add a Popeyes and one of these.
I swear Chicken is not only America's favorite food but the worlds

I swear Chicken is not only America's favorite food but the worlds
It is the #2 protein in the word and very close to pork which is #1. Easy to farm and mass produce plus they will eat almost anything too. A stand at the local farmer's market lists the feed content which includes crushed oyster shells in their free range chicken feed to bump up the calcium level and add a little briny flavor to the meat and eggs. By the way the best cut for eating chicken is boneless skinless thighs, a little more fat than breasts but not too much and gives you a more moist meat and a ton more flavor.

It is the #2 protein in the word and very close to pork which is #1. Easy to farm and mass produce plus they will eat almost anything too. A stand at the local farmer's market lists the feed content which includes crushed oyster shells in their free range chicken feed to bump up the calcium level and add a little briny flavor to the meat and eggs. By the way the best cut for eating chicken is boneless skinless thighs, a little more fat than breasts but not too much and gives you a more moist meat and a ton more flavor.
I eat grilled chicken breasts all week long to try and remain lean honestly. I don’t like fish so salmon is not going to work. Has to become a lifestyle or it won’t stick