Youngstown Area Coaching Changes

Lakeview could of hired Nick Saban and it wouldn’t showed much improvement it’s the Jimmy’s and the Joe’s

Weren't similar things said about Jefferson before hiring their head coach? While limited on talent, losing Easton to JFK and McKowan to WGH has compounded the issue.

Yep I knew some too . That’s the the guy that was calling the offense the last part of the season . It wasn’t good lol

Right or wrong, I believe they liked the direction things were headed and wanted to keep the majority of the staff together. They did start off 3-1 last year before losing 6 straight and as you point out, only scoring 16pts total in those 6 games.

Right or wrong, I believe they liked the direction things were headed and wanted to keep the majority of the staff together. They did start off 3-1 last year before losing 6 straight and as you point out, only scoring 16pts total in those 6 games.
Ya 3-1 against bad teams.that’s the best case scenario for them in the ne8. I believe there the smallest team in the league now division wise. Time to face reality and get out . 1-13 in league play the last 2 years .

Last edited:
Ya 3-1 against bad teams.that’s the best case scenario for them in the ne8. I believe there the smallest team in the league now division wise. Time to face reality and get out . 1-13 in league play the last 2 years .

3-1 vs bad teams but thats what Lakeview is too and what you want them to run to face more often.

Cusick to East Liverpool is confirmed. What would make him want that job?

Definitely some tension there the last few years. EL is not terribly far from Crestview HS, and it is a division or 2 higher for competitions sake. Sounds like the marriage just kinda hit the rocks at Crestview, no one really to blame it just ran it's natural course.

Good luck to Cusick down on the river, curious to see who takes over at the View, and what staff members follow him down to East Liverpool.

Cusick to East Liverpool is confirmed. What would make him want that job?

Tough job, not sure Bill Belichick could win 5 games a year there.

Word on the street is that Crestview wanted Cusick to either be an administrator (he is currently AD) or football coach but not both. Not only was EL willing let him do both but if the numbers I am hearing are true he is being well compensated for both positions.

The article I posted lists his total compensation as $14k for the head coaching job by also giving him other supplementals (weight room adviser, equipment manager, etc)

The article I posted lists his total compensation as $14k for the head coaching job by also giving him other supplementals (weight room adviser, equipment manager, etc)
Which weight room advisor and equipment manager might as well be in the job description for a head coach lol