Marlington Dukes Head Coach

Did Steve Miller also believe Milli Vanilli sang their own songs?

A quick check of Phil Here Today, Gone To-Mauro's record would show a lack of stability equivalent to government changes in third world countries or Billy Martin's tenure(s) under George Steinbrenner.

The Marlington job has definite cache or they wouldn't have veteran, grizzled writers like Steve Doerschuk reporting on it.

According to the article, 21 candidates have applied with resumes that "jump off the page." That reminds me of the amazing resume of New York Congressman George Santos - that man is amazing with his accomplishments.

Hope they find a candidate that stays around longer than 1 year, lol. I haven't watched a lot of Marlington games, the Minerva game last year was the only one, but they seem to have something that could be built up there.

A simple Google search on the man, should shown enough about him. Along with the 40 schools he has worked at....okay maybe not 40 but enough to make you think

The State Lottery Commission is thinking one of its new games for 2023 will consider Mr Mauro and his location!
The fact Phil Here Today, Gone To-Mauro bailed on the good people of Maximo is reason enough for me to file a complaint against the State Lottery Commission for this lottery game.

It is time for tuffness to go to the next level in Duke Country.

Rain on the scarecrow, blood on the plow.
Hire Keith Wakefield now.

The fact Phil Here Today, Gone To-Mauro bailed on the good people of Maximo is reason enough for me to file a complaint against the State Lottery Commission for this lottery game.

It is time for tuffness to go to the next level in Duke Country.

Rain on the scarecrow, blood on the plow.
Hire Keith Wakefield now.
This post is classic, the Mauro nick name is classic. Along with the John Mellencamp, and bringing it home with Keith wakefield

Last edited:
Can Marlington be turned back around to where it was just 5 years or so ago
Like the farm fields that dot the Marlington School District, some years have bumper crops and other years have duds. It is possible for the Dukes to return to their previous greatness just as farm fields can regain vitality by using Beck's Hybrids.

Marlington just needs to put a little more Skoal in their lip, buckle up those Wranglers, and shovel out the manure of the Nate Gullible and Phil Here Today, Gone To-Mauro tenures.

If the Dukes football program has one-tenth of their community's passion for keeping their three rural township elementary schools open, greatness is coming back to Duke Country.

I hope they at least talk to the PAC for membership. Kick the tractor tires on that subject, so to speak.

One could think but they are not colleges
My God will these schools put down the sad Gannett media publications?

They really, really believe the Phil Here Today, Gone To-Mauro narrative. They still promote it.

Steve Doerschuk is a veteran, grizzled writer in the Canton Suppository newsroom who taught Todd Porter where the bathroom and smoke break area was along with who paid the bribes, but my God don't let them be your school's PR department.

Oh wait, Jackson does with Todd on the Jackson payroll, but that was in reward for decades of very favorable coverage & opinions.

Last edited:

They really, really believe the Phil Here Today, Gone To-Mauro narrative. They still promote it.

Steve Doerschuk is a veteran, grizzled writer in the Canton Suppository newsroom who taught Todd Porter where the bathroom and smoke break area was along with who paid the bribes, but my God don't let them be your school's PR department.

Oh wait, Jackson does with Todd on the Jackson payroll, but that was in reward for decades of very favorable coverage & opinions.
Oh damn

Again, very astute observations Coach.

can't believe I am just now seeing this, there hasn't been a truer statement

Well old Phil Here Today gone to-Mauro is already at Jackson as monitor I'm told. That was a quick transition.
Hopefully Phil Here Today and Gone To-Mauro can hang out with Todd Porter and Jim Porter rehashing all of the Gatehouse and Gannett BS at lunch. Taxpayers be damned.

I really like Jackson but the taxpayers are being ignored with this clown show.

Believe me there's many millennials and Gen Z's who know social media and marketing 1,073% more than Todd Porter who's just a (failed) name.

You want to reach a 30 year old Jackson mom about the schools....it ain't Todd Porter. Lol. What is Todd Porter gonna show on Instagram? The downtown Canton apartment he lived in for 3 months?

No, really.

Believe me there's many millennials and Gen Z's who know social media and marketing 1,073% more than Todd Porter who's just a (failed) name.

You want to reach a 30 year old Jackson mom about the schools....it ain't Todd Porter. Lol. What is Todd Porter gonna show on Instagram? The downtown Canton apartment he lived in for 3 months?

No, really.
I was surprised by his hire. I'm actually disappointed with quite a few of the administrative hires the district has had. I'll say this, Larson wouldn't have hired cringy Todd that's for sure.

Also, I did hear Marlington may have inquired about coaches who did not apply (which I would think any school doing it's due diligence would do.) Didn't seem like much interest but I'd like to think that they can get someone to right the ship because it can be done.

I was surprised by his hire. I'm actually disappointed with quite a few of the administrative hires the district has had. I'll say this, Larson wouldn't have hired cringy Todd that's for sure.

Also, I did hear Marlington may have inquired about coaches who did not apply (which I would think any school doing it's due diligence would do.) Didn't seem like much interest but I'd like to think that they can get someone to right the ship because it can be done.
I agree, I would be calling anyone I was interested in hiring. Make them say no. What has to happen to turn it around? Are kids not playing or talent dry?

I agree, I would be calling anyone I was interested in hiring. Make them say no. What has to happen to turn it around? Are kids not playing or talent dry?
Numerous issues are in play...I could say the culture but that is a catch all. It goes back to closing schools, voting those Board members out and then spending big bucks to reopen those closed schools, going against the superintendent that voted to close schools leaves, hire another superintendent and then he leaves....so financial issues are over looking them...then you are in a low period of talent...they could win maybe 3 games next year...talk of a huge increase pay to play...open enrollment schools suddenly become an option...West Branch looks appealing but their finances are questionable....this is just my take from what I have heard

Well old Phil Here Today gone to-Mauro is already at Jackson as monitor I'm told. That was a quick transition.
Phil has been rehired at Jackson? Didn't the powers that be run him off? Wait didn't they run off Balderson? Didn't they rehire him? Wait didn't they run off Budd?

Now lets see...run off from Jackson, go to Marlington...do you see where I am going with this...lol

Last edited:
Phil has been rehired at Jackson? Didn't the powers that be run him off? Wait didn't they run off Balderson? Didn't they rehire him? Wait didn't they run off Budd?

Now lets see...run off from Jackson, go to Marlington...do you see where I am going with this...lol
Hahaha I love it and yes I do haha.

I was surprised balderson went back. But... doesn't he have kids coming up if I'm not mistaken?

However I don't see Budd at Marlington.

My gut tells me they may have to take a shot on someone unproven and hungry to get a chance to run their own program based on their finances and such