2022 Dead Celebs/Athletes

Mills Lane, the Hall of Fame referee who officiated the Mike Tyson-Evander Holyfield "Bite Fight" and more than 100 other championship bouts, died Tuesday morning at his Reno, Nevada, home, his son Terry Lane confirmed to ESPN. He was 85.

I can't believe no one had yet mentioned Tom Browning:

so i heard Marty talking to Willie this afternoon about Browning, sounds like his wife passed too, not sure how long ago, but that really affected him..... also they seemed to be taking care of their grandchildren, and had legal issues to get them. Would you know anything about that issue

so i heard Marty talking to Willie this afternoon about Browning, sounds like his wife passed too, not sure how long ago, but that really affected him..... also they seemed to be taking care of their grandchildren, and had legal issues to get them. Would you know anything about that issue
No, but, there are a heck of a lot of grandparents taking care of grandkids for one reason or another. I hope those kids get through this ok.

His wife died in March of this year. He had financial troubles and struggled with alcohol, even prior to this year.
He had just plead guilty to the OVI he was charged with this past summer. I just buried a relative with similar struggles. Very sad.

His wife died in March of this year. He had financial troubles and struggled with alcohol, even prior to this year.
He had just plead guilty to the OVI he was charged with this past summer. I just buried a relative with similar struggles. Very sad.
Very sorry to hear that. Addiction touches every social-economic stratus of our society.

Very sorry to hear that. Addiction touches every social-economic stratus of our society.
Yesterday on WLW, there was nothing but love for Browning by nearly everyone. Seemed to be a great guy. I looked up his baseball-reference page. Career 123-90 with a 3.94 ERA. Made $16 million playing baseball. Was arrested for not paying child-support in 2009. Bought a restaurant in 2018 with his sons. Had the DUI earlier this year. He seemed to have some demons.

2022 is ending with some of the biggest names of the year on this thread.
The week after X-Mas is the busy season for a funeral home. Everyone says their good byes and the plug is pulled while most are off for the holidays. Take a look at the amount of obituaries published this week.