Colerain

But if you live in Indiana, you can't play sports for Ohio schools. So those signs are indeed all over in Indiana, but none of those kids are playing any sport for Elder, LaSalle, etc.
This is definitely not the case, as there are/have been student athletes from SE Indiana go to GCL schools. However, I would guess none of those were football related from EC. EC is arguably the most dominant & consistent program in the Tri-State area, and the facilities & community support there are unrivaled by anyone in the area.

This is definitely not the case, as there are/have been student athletes from SE Indiana go to GCL schools. However, I would guess none of those were football related from EC. EC is arguably the most dominant & consistent program in the Tri-State area, and the facilities & community support there are unrivaled by anyone in the area.
I'm pretty sure Beechwood in NKY would have something to say about the most dominant and consistent program in the tri-state. And definitely Highlands until Mueller retired. You could also argue X, they have had crazy success over the past 20+ years in by far the most difficult region (place in playoffs) out of all of OH, KY, and IN.

I agree with facilities at EC. Its like a small college.
The field house and weight room at EC is better than a lot of small colleges.
EC and Beechwood both have a great tradition of success on and off the field. I give EC an edge on over all sports and activities though.

I would say there are a lot of HS schools though that have great community and booster support. Amazing how many Cincinnati programs over the years have went "all out" to kick off the season with flyovers, game ball presentations etc.

Heck Colerain even gets Nike to fly in the uniforms to the school....You don't see that happen much at High School.

Last edited:
Interesting that an actual Colerain thread has been hijacked. Lol.
Back on track now...New coach will be announced Monday with as much fan fair as new uniforms...

Colerain gets new uniforms

The technical rule is you can play sports from SE Indiana if you go to a Catholic grade school. That usually means St Lawrence in Aurora or St John’s Harrison.

I'm hearing that its a GMC guy but its just hearsay
GMC guy meaning a current HC at another GMC School? That be really strange!

Omar the Dbag, St. Lawrence is in Lawrenceburg! You never been to St. Lawrence on a recruiting or stalking visit? You need to stop out there, Elder needs your help🤣🤣🤣! The concession stand food is awesome and their Gym is older than old school!

And very underwhelming?
Colerain is not going to land another Cutright, Bolden or Combs outside of district. Cutright like Bolden and Combs IMO will pop up somewhere else within the next 2 years. In district, Lee Johnson has been a coach in the GMC and done a good job at Northwest. He would get my vote.

Granted... Northwest does not play a schedule like Colerain but he has done a lot with the talent Northwest has.
He would also come at an affordable price for the cash strapped NWLSD district and "if" the district BOE and administration ever gets their act together and combine HS he would be a good buffer between parents and players...... Imagine Hilltop Hawks, Mighty Knights and Little Cards players funneling to one HS....

Last edited:
Colerain is not going to land another Cutright, Bolden or Combs outside of district. Cutright like Bolden and Combs IMO will pop up somewhere else within the next 2 years. In district, Lee Johnson has been a coach in the GMC and done a good job at Northwest. He would get my vote.

Granted... Northwest does not play a schedule like Colerain but he has done a lot with the talent Northwest has.
He would also come at an affordable price for the cash strapped NWLSD district and "if" the district BOE and administration ever gets their act together and combine HS he would be a good buffer between parents and players...... Imagine Hilltop Hawks, Mighty Knights and Little Cards players funneling to one HS....
Johnson would be a disaster and a major step down from Cutright imo.

Why do you think he would be a disaster? Coached with Murphy, Mahone. Had playoff teams 2 of the last 3 seasons and has got a lot out of the talent he has had.
1. He has had a hard time playing competitive football with the Knights. Making the playoffs since 2020 is hardly a standard for choosing a modern day coach. His team's are rarely competitive in a conference that is built for them to be competitive in.

2. His teams are highly undisciplined. I would venture to say they have lead the conference in penalties in each of the years he's been there.

Personally I like Coach Johnson seems like a good guy but he isn't the answer for Colerain.

Brayden Coombs?
Wouldn’t that be something!! I’m not sure if he wants to Coach though. I would think some College, large or small would Hire him but last I saw he is not Coaching at all. His at least 10 yrs NFL Coaching experience has to carry some weight if/when applying for a HS Head Coaching job.

I know nothing about this hire....Best of Luck to Coach Huber moving forward.

I am perplexed about how this process went down. It was very clear that Colerain was not very thrilled with how things were progressing under Cutright. They allegedly had over 80 applicants. They took an extremely long time to hire in-house? Why open it up at all if your choice was in house, seems like they could have made this announcement WAY sooner to get things rolling for the team instead of keeping them in limbo. Again, this isn't a knock on Huber, just curious to how/why the process went down.

I am perplexed about how this process went down. It was very clear that Colerain was not very thrilled with how things were progressing under Cutright. They allegedly had over 80 applicants. They took an extremely long time to hire in-house? Why open it up at all if your choice was in house, seems like they could have made this announcement WAY sooner to get things rolling for the team instead of keeping them in limbo. Again, this isn't a knock on Huber, just curious to how/why the process went down.
I wish the best for Coach Huber as well but you are not the only one asking WTH? I hope the district did not waste a lot of peoples time over the past month exploring a reported 80 applicants if they already had their guy in line for the job.

I wish the best for Coach Huber as well but you are not the only one asking WTH? I hope the district did not waste a lot of peoples time over the past month exploring a reported 80 applicants if they already had their guy in line for the job.
Exactly, has he been the person in charge of running weights and offseason stuff for the past month?

Because the district won’t pay the money needed or create a position for any big name coach. The district does not value athletics at this point.