What are you watching?

I wanted to like it, and I’m a big Jenna Ortega fan, but I quit in the second episode.
it's a lot better once Gomez and Morticia disapear. The whole Addams show turns on their chemistry. Be design directing or actor choices, those two had worse than none. Might be worth powering through.

Finished the original Addams Family.I became interested in knowing more about the cast. I know most are familiar that Jackie Coogan was "the kid" with Charlie Chaplin and that his money was stolen. Beyond that even, he had a fascinating life, hung out and married some hotties, WWII over the hump... His life would make a good movie.

Wednesday - Surprisingly entertaining. I like the context of a New England school for the most macabre individuals among us, and the connection to one of my favorite writers, Edgar Allen Poe. Within the context developed, it all makes sense. I am relieved to know that the star is over twenty as there is something very attractive about her. I definitely would have dated her in high school. Catherine Zeta-Jone's Morticia is pretty hot too.

This dance is some viral sensation on social media and I kind of don't get it. Ortega basically winged it by putting together famous dance bits from different shows/movies like Pulp Fiction including the original Adams Family. Actually that original Wednesday dance with Lurch is a classic in TV

This dance is some viral sensation on social media and I kind of don't get it. Ortega basically winged it by putting together famous dance bits from different shows/movies like Pulp Fiction including the original Adams Family. Actually that original Wednesday dance with Lurch is a classic in TV
Let me see if I can explain; sultry eyes, direct and piercing, full pouty lips begging/daring to be kissed and raven black hair, dancing with abandon and yet, within the macabre motif. She displays a combination of innocence and menace. The broken neck bit really got me.

If that doesn't explain the attraction, I can't help you.

Last edited:
Let me see if I can explain; sultry eyes, direct and piercing, full pouty lips begging/daring to be kissed and raven black hair, dancing with abandon and yet, within the macabre motif. She displays a combination of innocence and menace. The broken neck bit really got me.

If that doesn't explain the attraction, I can't help you.
You talking about Lurch or Wednesday? Either way, a little creepy even for the internet.

Wednesday - Surprisingly entertaining. I like the context of a New England school for the most macabre individuals among us, and the connection to one of my favorite writers, Edgar Allen Poe. Within the context developed, it all makes sense. I am relieved to know that the star is over twenty as there is something very attractive about her. I definitely would have dated her in high school. Catherine Zeta-Jone's Morticia is pretty hot too.

Time and the knife have not been kind to Zeta-Jones.

Odyssey 5: pilot. intriguing. How did I miss this one? Must have been on cable. I keep forgetting that while the streaming services recycle anything with less than a 7 imdb, Crackle has some pretty good stuff. After this Taboo.

Time and the knife have not been kind to Zeta-Jones.
I don't know. She looks 53 to me, a very healthy and fit 53. 53 is not that old these days. She is no longer the ingénue she once was, but, she is still hot and I wouldn't pass her up.

Watched a movie called Compliance on Amazon Prime last night. Most frustrating movie I’ve ever seen. I kept thinking I should turn this off the actors and premise were so ridiculous. Turns out at the end it was based on actual events.

Corner Gas. Six seasons starting 2004. Canadians seem to live sitcoms that take place at convenience stores. Followed by Corner Gas the Movie and Corner Gas the animated series. First episodes can be a "why was this popular" but as it digs away at the intrenched cynicism and expectation of foul language, cowgirl and blood, yeah, I snorted at a few jokes. 7 eps in, I'll see...
What streaming service? Might have to check this out.

Not sure if it's been mentioned on this thread or not yet, probably has. But as someone who watches a ton of tv, The Bear is one of the best new shows I've seen in a couple of years. It's fantastic. On Hulu.
Yeah, I echo this loudly.

Found the show scrolling my hulu free trial and searched for a mention. Bob had before but cryptic.

Words are fast, I had to use the subtitles to follow.

Shameless, the early seasons. It’s criminal what woke idiot writers did to this show in the later seasons. Granted, it’s always had a left wing bend, but the writing was so good early in the early seasons it was more subtle compared to the final seasons where it’s was blunt & preachy.

So I checked out The Bear and its not bad, I get a lot of the inside restaurant bits as I come from that background which helps. The Menu is also available on HBO, will need to check that out too.

Interesting that this just happed recently:

The Copenhagen chef René Redzepi says fine dining at the highest level, with its grueling hours and intense workplace culture, has hit a breaking point: “It’s unsustainable.”

As they say if you cannot stand the heat get out of the kitchen. I have worked in some high stress environments, none more so than a kitchen during an important restaurant event like Holiday such as Mother's Day or NY Eve.

So I checked out The Bear and its not bad, I get a lot of the inside restaurant bits as I come from that background which helps. The Menu is also available on HBO, will need to check that out too.

Interesting that this just happed recently:

The Copenhagen chef René Redzepi says fine dining at the highest level, with its grueling hours and intense workplace culture, has hit a breaking point: “It’s unsustainable.”

As they say if you cannot stand the heat get out of the kitchen. I have worked in some high stress environments, none more so than a kitchen during an important restaurant event like Holiday such as Mother's Day or NY Eve.
NE Eve seems easy. Just start with the booze. Tell me honestly, the kitchen laughs at the douches paying a paycheck for
http%3A%2F%2Fcdn.cnn.com%2Fcnnnext%2Fdam%2Fassets%2F230109091608-02-noma-restaurant-closing-food.jpg
????

NE Eve seems easy. Just start with the booze. Tell me honestly, the kitchen laughs at the douches paying a paycheck for
http%3A%2F%2Fcdn.cnn.com%2Fcnnnext%2Fdam%2Fassets%2F230109091608-02-noma-restaurant-closing-food.jpg
????
Noma's hottest dish: Currently serving grilled reindeer heart on a bed of fresh pine, and saffron ice cream in a beeswax bowl. And this is probably what the kitchen at this place is like: