College Football 2022-2023

It’s too bad your Boilers didn’t rail LSU today.
1672708915835.jpeg

We already agreed yesterday that you can’t judge a conference based on Bowl results. I mean, why even account for games where teams like UK and Oklahoma State are using new QBs because their big-time QBs are going pro or transferring? It’s a fool’s errand.

Look at in-season results and it’s a far less rosy picture for the Big Ten:

Big Ten West champ Purdue lost to Syracuse, who @Orin Swift has repeatedly said isn’t good.

Iowa lost to Big 12 doormat Iowa State.

Nebraska lost to Georgia Southern.

Michigan State got pounded by Washington.

Washington State humbled Wisconsin in Madison.

Northwestern lost to Duke, Miami (OH) and Southern Illinois.

Michigan played zero relevant non-conference opponents.

The positive side of the Big Ten ledger doesn’t go very far beyond Ohio State surviving against Notre Dame at home and Penn State destroying an Auburn team that was in disarray.

It’s more than fair to say the Big Ten was terrible this year once you get past the top two, and also it’s fair to argue that the top two weren’t adequately challenged enough to put two Big Ten teams in the playoff.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …
No! You just continue to post ignorant garbage and think you know anything about football. You don’t!

Right, lets not look at games played at the end of the season. lol how moronic.
Sure, let's use a one-game sample for a team instead of the entire season. Not only that, let's use a series of one-game samples by an entire conference where half the starters aren't playing anymore either because they've opted out or are in the portal.

Now the Penn State-Utah game was a little different. It didn't appear either team was missing a bunch of their players, maybe one or two. Didn't watch enough of the Tulane-USC game to know, but Williams played, as did Spears from Tulane. USC should have never lost that game. Up 15 in the 4th Qtr with the Heisman trophy winner.

And the PAC runner up lost to Tulane, where is Yappis resident college expert who told us how great the PAC was this year.
Tulane also beat Big12 Champ Kansas State. The American has done this before. They've won a few of these NY6 games. They've sent a team to the Playoff. Maybe they were much better than people want to give them credit for.

Tulane also beat Big12 Champ Kansas State. The American has done this before. They've won a few of these NY6 games. They've sent a team to the Playoff. Maybe they were much better than people want to give them credit for.
Maybe so but the expert at being wrong said the Cotton Bowl was going to be a real yawner for SC fans.

In the end I would say the SEC and B1G were the two best leagues this season.
The Big Ten was fourth best, maybe. Certainly well behind at least the SEC and Pac 12.

Even if you want to include non-playoff bowls, then you have to acknowledge that four of the Big Ten’s top five teams lost their bowl games (Michigan, Purdue, Ohio State, Illinois).

No! You just continue to post ignorant garbage and think you know anything about football. You don’t!
I haven’t seen you make a coherent contribution to the college football forum all year. Just a continual stream of Mr. Champion bashing and occasional biased OSU comments. Sad.

Right, lets not look at games played at the end of the season. lol how moronic.
Non-playoff bowl games mean jack squat in the grand scheme of things. They’re anywhere from 3 to 5 weeks separate from the actual season and suffer from a spate of transfer defections, guys going pro, guys sitting out just because, coaching changes, etc.

And the PAC runner up lost to Tulane, where is Yappis resident college expert who told us how great the PAC was this year.
Meaningless game. You think they were fired up to play Tulane? Fat chance.

They had just gotten through their intra-city rivalry with UCLA; historic rivalry with the greatest program in CFB history, Notre Dame; and a Pac 12 title game for a spot in the CFP vs. the only team that had beaten them, Utah.

So after getting the CFP berth snatched away and playing their 3 most important games of the year, they have to wait a month to play podunk Tulane in a game no one outside of Tulane’s modest fanbase gave a damn about.

USC probably doesn’t even care that they lost, since they wouldn’t have gotten anything for winning anyway.