Rankings

nooks

Lack of rankings...Where are they? Who's good? Who's not good? Who is pretending? Who is for real?
Here we are 2-3 weeks into the season and I really don't know anything. MaxPreps has Fairfield, Avon Lake, Southpoint and Nordonia ahead of such teams as Pickerington Central, Centerville, St. Vincent, etc. Is this realistic?
It's also pretty clear that viewership interest on this basketball forum is way down this season for some reason. Thoughts?

Last edited:

Tried to have a poll this season but participation was too low.

Also, I've found that finding scores (mostly on Twitter) is becoming far more difficult. Small schools are always hit/miss but this year some D1 schools are becoming impossible.

Losing Pitmanstats for scores is also a big deal. While football is getting more people working to bring out information, basketball seems more focused on stars and their recruiting.

Tried to have a poll this season but participation was too low.

Also, I've found that finding scores (mostly on Twitter) is becoming far more difficult. Small schools are always hit/miss but this year some D1 schools are becoming impossible.
Appreciate the information. Maybe after Fying to the Hoop interest/analysis will pick up. Hope so.

Just to try and get the ball rolling I'll take a stab at Div. I...
1) Akron St. Vincent 6-1 ( beat Sierra Canyon, Ca., beat Walsh Jesuit, beat Princeton, beat Moeller )
2) Olentangy Orange 8-0
3) Centerville 5-1
4) Pickerington Central 5-2
5) Brecksville Broadview Heights 5-0
6) Pickerington North 7-0
7) Huber Heights Wayne 6-0
8) Avon Lake 6-0
9) Perrysburg 8-1
10) Fairfield 7-0

- Others...( Canton GlenOak, Nordonia, Stow Munroe Falls, Walsh Jesuit, Dover, Kings Mills Kings )

Just to try and get the ball rolling I'll take a stab at Div. I...
1) Akron St. Vincent 6-1 ( beat Sierra Canyon, Ca., beat Walsh Jesuit, beat Princeton, beat Moeller )
2) Olentangy Orange 8-0
3) Centerville 5-1
4) Pickerington Central 5-2
5) Brecksville Broadview Heights 5-0
6) Pickerington North 7-0
7) Huber Heights Wayne 6-0
8) Avon Lake 6-0
9) Perrysburg 8-1
10) Fairfield 7-0

- Others...( Canton GlenOak, Nordonia, Stow Munroe Falls, Walsh Jesuit, Dover, Kings Mills Kings )

Walsh Jesuit beat St Vincent St Mary by 8.

Lack of rankings...Where are they? Who's good? Who's not good? Who is pretending? Who is for real?
Here we are 2-3 weeks into the season and I really don't know anything. MaxPreps has Fairfield, Avon Lake, Southpoint and Nordonia ahead of such teams as Pickerington Central, Centerville, St. Vincent, etc. Is this realistic?
It's also pretty clear that viewership interest on this basketball forum is way down this season for some reason. Thoughts?
Agree traffic on here seems to be down, but I still come here to find out who is good rather than AP poll or Prep Hoops polls. Those things are worthless.

Basketball season always starts slow because everyone makes the playoffs. an early season loss doesn't mean much and it also doesn't prove who the best team is compared to the eventual champion.

For some reason, this year seems to have started off a little slower than usual. Hoping it picks up right after Christmas. Trying to get more interest in this forum but the downward trend of interest in basketball is affecting this site too. My fear is that basketball will eventually be AAU first and HS as an afterthought.

Basketball season always starts slow because everyone makes the playoffs. an early season loss doesn't mean much and it also doesn't prove who the best team is compared to the eventual champion.

For some reason, this year seems to have started off a little slower than usual. Hoping it picks up right after Christmas. Trying to get more interest in this forum but the downward trend of interest in basketball is affecting this site too. My fear is that basketball will eventually be AAU first and HS as an afterthought.
Agree. And it seems many of the top HS teams are morphing into aau ball as all-star teams are commonly assembled and sometimes in the style of play as well. Neither bodes well for the future imo.

1. Centerville
2. Pickerington Central

3. St. V

4.-10. Don't really know and who really does? ... it's more so a biased opinion when you're ranking the entire state.

From what I saw of their game with one another, I don't think anyone in the state will be able to "beat" Centerville or Pick Central if they're at full strength come tourney time. Sure some teams will give them a game, but I would anticipate a rematch of last years state title game. I'm a Cincinnati area guys and there's lots of really good teams down here this year that "could" be ranked in the top 10.