ECC Eastern Cincinnati Conference 22-23

The clown is the AD. He has no idea how to hire and retain good coaches. Players like Sanders and Henry Jr. transfer out because of him and the incompetent coaches he hires. It’s incredible to believe the WC administration chose him over Simmons. It’s even more appalling they keep that clown around now. I’ve never heard a positive comment about the guy from anyone associated with the school. Even the assistant AD last year had to get out of there. A school that size with those facilities should produce much better teams.
I figured out who the real clown here is. Have a great day.

I don't know the guy, do know that West Clermont has been a tough place as they haven't had much talent lately. Have no details about his tenure at WC, but try to be real and honest especially about "coaches". Didn't the Jutze guy just beat Georgetown? He must know something about coaching because that's a pretty big upset.

I don't know the guy, do know that West Clermont has been a tough place as they haven't had much talent lately. Have no details about his tenure at WC, but try to be real and honest especially about "coaches". Didn't the Jutze guy just beat Georgetown? He must know something about coaching because that's a pretty big upset.
They had talent. They all quit because of that clown.

Yes, BIG upset. A few of those WC kids followed him to BT. I’ve never heard another coach have anything negative to say about Jutze. Good guy who gets kids to play hard for him. He can be tough on kids at times, but he’ll get the most out the kids that don’t mind a little tough love from time to time.

They had talent. They all quit because of that clown.
I'm not seeing that according to stats ... inherited a team that returned only 2 players who had any "real" varsity experience and all the underclassmen returned. maybe you're talking about younger grades/MS? ...

I'm not seeing that according to stats ... inherited a team that returned only 2 players who had any "real" varsity experience and all the underclassmen returned. maybe you're talking about younger grades/MS? ...
I actually know the kids. The talent was there. Nobody wanted to play for the clown. He got fired by West Clermont twice for a reason. He can win a few games at small schools when he has more talent than the opposition. He was in over his head at WC.

The clown is the AD. He has no idea how to hire and retain good coaches. Players like Sanders and Henry Jr. transfer out because of him and the incompetent coaches he hires. It’s incredible to believe the WC administration chose him over Simmons. It’s even more appalling they keep that clown around now. I’ve never heard a positive comment about the guy from anyone associated with the school. Even the assistant AD last year had to get out of there. A school that size with those facilities should produce much better teams.
Funny that mention Simmons. He fired Jutze once too.

I actually know the kids. The talent was there. Nobody wanted to play for the clown. He got fired by West Clermont twice for a reason. He can win a few games at small schools when he has more talent than the opposition. He was in over his head at WC.
I don’t think anyone would say the BT team has more talent than Georgetown. The game should have been a 20 point blowout. You say things that have no merit. I’m very familiar with those WC classes. Many coaches didn’t want the job because they saw what was coming up and said they couldn’t work for the AD.

I don’t think anyone would say the BT team has more talent than Georgetown. The game should have been a 20 point blowout. You say things that have no merit. I’m very familiar with those WC classes. Many coaches didn’t want the job because they saw what was coming up and said they couldn’t work for the AD.
Like I said. You brought up Simmons as a better AD. He fired Jutze too. What's your excuse there?
You also said a few WC kids followed Tommy the clown to BT. Care to name them? I didn't see any familiar names on BT's roster.

Like I said. You brought up Simmons as a better AD. He fired Jutze too. What's your excuse there?
You also said a few WC kids followed Tommy the clown to BT. Care to name them? I didn't see any familiar names on BT's roster.
Bill Belichick was fired by the Browns. Pete Carrol was fired by the Patriots. It’s coaching and it happens. Players matter. Jutze would have grown that program if given the opportunity. The freshmen and JV teams played hard and won. He had players in the underclasses. Where are they now? Why is the team winless this year? Do your own homework on BT. They are there.

I was watching the Winton Woods/Kings game on youtube last night. I think Winton Woods is going to figure into the race before it's said and done. They were right there with Kings the whole way, and overall looked like they probably had the talent advantage. It was tied with about 2 1/2 minutes to go, and a couple things went Kings' way, and it snowballed into a 14 point win somehow. But that score does not represent what 90% of the game was like. Bostic is awesome, he's really crafty with angles and change of direction going to the basket. I think he's the best player I've seen this year. (Have not seen the Turpin kid.) I'm kind of sad Jermaine Matthews isn't playing. The two of them together would be dominant, and I'd love to see Matthews and Mussari go at it some more.
Javion and Jermaine together in JH at Walnut was a sight to see!

I see their girls team is undefeated. Maybe they could poach their coach.
Sorry if I killed the thread with my snark. No offense meant to the WC contingent, I just truly had read in the Enquirer that their girl’s are the number one story of the girl’s bball season so far.

Anyhoo, Kings keeps rolling. I caught the LM game tonight. The zone had the Knights discombobulated for much of the first half, but they eventually broke away. They are a dominant second half team. #13 Tommy Clark is turning into a real stud, I think he’s going to be a conference player of the year contender by his senior year. And Mussari should be a contender this year. He just never stops making plays. He has an amazing feel for the game.

Sorry if I killed the thread with my snark. No offense meant to the WC contingent, I just truly had read in the Enquirer that their girl’s are the number one story of the girl’s bball season so far.

Anyhoo, Kings keeps rolling. I caught the LM game tonight. The zone had the Knights discombobulated for much of the first half, but they eventually broke away. They are a dominant second half team. #13 Tommy Clark is turning into a real stud, I think he’s going to be a conference player of the year contender by his senior year. And Mussari should be a contender this year. He just never stops making plays. He has an amazing feel for the game.
Yes. Quite the crowd there at Kings tonight. I’m curious how Kings fares against the next 2 non conference foes.

Yes. Quite the crowd there at Kings tonight. I’m curious how Kings fares against the next 2 non conference foes.
I would love to see the Anderson Turpin game tomorrow. Kings has a livestream of home games on YouTube. Anderson doesn’t seem to. Anyone know if there’s a way to watch that game without making that drive?

Somebody's in over their head at WC, but it ain't been the coaches. Colt, you dogged Mazzaro when he was basketball coach there and he was the winningest coach in any sport at any level in the history of the district. If Vickers can put up with the nonsense and sticks around he will be fine, they've got some players coming at the lower levels. The $64K question is, will Vickers stick around and put up with the nonsense til he gets some players?

Right now my 4 finalist for POY are Javion Bostic Mike Mussari Chandler Starks and though I haven't seen him in person yet Brady Hardewig

Right now my 4 finalist for POY are Javion Bostic Mike Mussari Chandler Starks and though I haven't seen him in person yet Brady Hardewig
The conference breaks it up into Offensive POY and Defensive POY, right? I feel like Anderson/Turpin tonigh pits the frontrunners for Offensive (Hardewig) and Defensive (Starks) against each other. I hope to see them matched up on each other. Really looking forward to seeing Starks, because his statistics are just confusing. I can't imagine in my head what the guy who leads the league in rebounds and assists must look like, but that's quite a feat so far.

I feel like separating offense and defense kind of hurts Mussari's case a bit, because I think he's probably top five on either list but probably not top in either. Offensively, he just shares the court with too many other people who can initiate offense. Defensively he leads the league in steals, but he's not going to get the rebounds or blocks to get the attention. Also, his defense leads to so much offense, it seems he's kind of penalized by separating them.

I think Bostic will make a run at the offensive POY, especially if they can get a bit higher in the standings.

The conference breaks it up into Offensive POY and Defensive POY, right? I feel like Anderson/Turpin tonigh pits the frontrunners for Offensive (Hardewig) and Defensive (Starks) against each other. I hope to see them matched up on each other. Really looking forward to seeing Starks, because his statistics are just confusing. I can't imagine in my head what the guy who leads the league in rebounds and assists must look like, but that's quite a feat so far.

I feel like separating offense and defense kind of hurts Mussari's case a bit, because I think he's probably top five on either list but probably not top in either. Offensively, he just shares the court with too many other people who can initiate offense. Defensively he leads the league in steals, but he's not going to get the rebounds or blocks to get the attention. Also, his defense leads to so much offense, it seems he's kind of penalized by separating them.

I think Bostic will make a run at the offensive POY, especially if they can get a bit higher in the standings.
I completely forgot the conference splits it into two now so yes I do think Chandler is running away with DPOY right now but the offensive is heating up

Went to Milford West Clermont tonight, 67-27 Eagles. Running clock late in the 3rd. It was ugly from the start. Feel bad for the West Clermont kids. The energy from the staff to all the players was so low. It felt like they were ready to get the game over with before it even started. Don't know what or who to blame for this, just hope it can turn around for them.

I watched the Anderson/Turpin game. Anderson came out strong and went up 12 in the first quarter, and then it was like the air got let our of their ball. From there, Turpin dominated, in a very surprising way, just from looking at the two teams physically. They won going away.

Hardewig is fun to watch. He reminds me of an old school Jimmy Chitwood type of scorer/facilitator. They pretty much give him the ball and ask him to make something happen on every possession, so if he has an off night, it could be a bad night for them. But he had a good night and controlled the game for them. He's tough too, and gets offensive rebounds and took some posssessions in the low post. They play four guards and a not so big forward, and everyone can score, but everything goes through Hardewig.

Starks had a rough night. Physically, he's intimidating. He looks like the kind of guy you'd expect to see in a UC or UK uniform. You can definitely see how he'd lead the league in rebounding, but he did not show much of the skill or finesse you'd expect to see from the assist leader. I think when they're going well, they must just run the ball through him in the low post, and he must just find open shooters. He did make a couple of nice passes out of the post, but he was getting triple and quadruple teamed when he got the ball down there, and he was stymied most of the night.

Bottom line, if this game is indicative of what these teams are capable of (which I'm guessing it's not for Anderson), I think Kings is the best team in the league. They're so fast, and so disruptive on defense, and move the ball so well, and have so many guys who can score... I think they're the favorite, although I don't think they're going to match up well with Anderson's size.

I watched the Anderson/Turpin game. Anderson came out strong and went up 12 in the first quarter, and then it was like the air got let our of their ball. From there, Turpin dominated, in a very surprising way, just from looking at the two teams physically. They won going away.

Hardewig is fun to watch. He reminds me of an old school Jimmy Chitwood type of scorer/facilitator. They pretty much give him the ball and ask him to make something happen on every possession, so if he has an off night, it could be a bad night for them. But he had a good night and controlled the game for them. He's tough too, and gets offensive rebounds and took some posssessions in the low post. They play four guards and a not so big forward, and everyone can score, but everything goes through Hardewig.

Starks had a rough night. Physically, he's intimidating. He looks like the kind of guy you'd expect to see in a UC or UK uniform. You can definitely see how he'd lead the league in rebounding, but he did not show much of the skill or finesse you'd expect to see from the assist leader. I think when they're going well, they must just run the ball through him in the low post, and he must just find open shooters. He did make a couple of nice passes out of the post, but he was getting triple and quadruple teamed when he got the ball down there, and he was stymied most of the night.

Bottom line, if this game is indicative of what these teams are capable of (which I'm guessing it's not for Anderson), I think Kings is the best team in the league. They're so fast, and so disruptive on defense, and move the ball so well, and have so many guys who can score... I think they're the favorite, although I don't think they're going to match up well with Anderson's size.
Rivalry games are so hard to judge because teams just play at a different level in those types of games. I do want to see Kings against those teams to really judge where they are against Walnut when I saw them Walnut was missing a starter and another was sick so I couldn't get a real indicator of where they are and the next night they played a close one with WW. January is going to be a very fun time in the ECC

Vianello and Davis followed Jutze to BT. I played for Stapleton, Jackson, and Mazz at Amelia. I remember when Jutze coached at Bethel back then, seemed like a good coach, they won the league one year. He runs a tight ship like Mazz did. A lot of players that quit were ones that didn’t want to be pushed or challenged and a lot of parents who don’t like him are parents of kids who quit because they didn’t want to be pushed or challenged. 🤔

Vianello and Davis followed Jutze to BT. I played for Stapleton, Jackson, and Mazz at Amelia. I remember when Jutze coached at Bethel back then, seemed like a good coach, they won the league one year. He runs a tight ship like Mazz did. A lot of players that quit were ones that didn’t want to be pushed or challenged and a lot of parents who don’t like him are parents of kids who quit because they didn’t want to be pushed or challenged. 🤔
He got fired from that district twice. Both times the parents fully supported the decision. But I'm sure they are all wrong and you know because " back in your day"

He got fired from that district twice. Both times the parents fully supported the decision. But I'm sure they are all wrong and you know because " back in your day"
And this in a nutshell sums up the amateurish manner in which the WC Athletic Department is run. Parents are the dumbest people on the planet, and if they are allowed to have ANY influence into ANY aspect of coaching decisions you've got yourself an intramural program. The greatest fear the guy currently in charge of that department has is not one of his varsity squads going 0-22, it's his phone ringing on Monday morning with some irate parent complaining about little Joey's playing time. Million dollar facilities, being run by amateurs.

And this in a nutshell sums up the amateurish manner in which the WC Athletic Department is run. Parents are the dumbest people on the planet, and if they are allowed to have ANY influence into ANY aspect of coaching decisions you've got yourself an intramural program. The greatest fear the guy currently in charge of that department has is not one of his varsity squads going 0-22, it's his phone ringing on Monday morning with some irate parent complaining about little Joey's playing time. Million dollar facilities, being run by amateurs.
Is your reading complexion really that bad. I said the parents fully supported the decision, not that they made the decision.

Is your reading complexion really that bad. I said the parents fully supported the decision, not that they made the decision.
Just for my benefit, did you intend to say "reading comprehension"? Right now, I am unsure whether I should be offended or not....