EBC Wrestling 2022-2023

bucks13

Friendly thread to discuss and post about the EBC wrestling. Thoughts and predictions for league titles and where everyone will be at for tournaments during and after the regular season.

League Duals Standings Predictions

1. Carrollton
2. Minerva
3. Salem
4. Marlington
5. Alliance
6. West Branch

Carrollton and Minerva will battle for the top spot. And there are going to be some very competitive weight classes during league matches.
Carrollton took the crown last year and didn't graduate much. I believe Minerva graduated a handful of solid upper weights.
Carrollton's junior class will reign too much this year and again next year unless something changes drastically. 106-138 should have some fireworks in their dual.

It's a shame Canton South is gone, their program was just starting to really turn the corner
I agree. They have a solid squad this year and a young one too. I could see them comfortably taking down Marlington, Alliance, and WB.
They also have a 200lb eighth grade phenom as well that has won b2b OAC titles and Tulsa nationals.

I agree. They have a solid squad this year and a young one too. I could see them comfortably taking down Marlington, Alliance, and WB.
They also have a 200lb eighth grade phenom as well that has won b2b OAC titles and Tulsa nationals.
Isn't this his Freshman year? Last year was his second OAC junior high title I thought?

Isn't this his Freshman year? Last year was his second OAC junior high title I thought?
No, he is still an eighth grader. Jr High OAC allows eligibility starting in 6th grade. He will end up being a 3-time Jr High champ.
I was just looking at the results to verify and found it quite neat - in last season's state bracket he had two falls (0:08, 0:24) and two 15-0 tech falls. Scary dominance and really emphasizes your point or their program making a turn. If he stays CS will have a four-time placer at the least!

No, he is still an eighth grader. Jr High OAC allows eligibility starting in 6th grade. He will end up being a 3-time Jr High champ.
I was just looking at the results to verify and found it quite neat - in last season's state bracket he had two falls (0:08, 0:24) and two 15-0 tech falls. Scary dominance and really emphasizes your point or their program making a turn. If he stays CS will have a four-time placer at the least!
That's remarkable, hope the Wildcats hold onto him

Yes they have fallen off. Mainly do to coaching. Only had 14 kids come out for team. I don't think they have anyone under 126.
It is really easy to say things behind a computer screen and a username. The fact of the matter is you do not know what you are talking about. Have you seen a practice at WB? Do you have direct knowledge of anything related to the program? Do you know the current struggles that we as a coaching staff are battling? If you did, which you do not, you would know what is going on with the dynamics of the program and the district. You wouldn't know that because you are not involved with the program in any capacity. Whynot103 you say its mainly do to coaching? Feel free share your real name so we could see who is making bold claims that it is do to coaching. Once you share your true identity, I will welcome you into my program to show you what we have going on. To show you how we are rebuilding from the youth up. To show you that the future is bright in this program not to mention, the kids we have wrestling now are hard nose tough kids and we will come looking for a fight. We will not back down and these kids will give it their all. I am proud of this team and the work they are putting in and it is showing. So, what say you Whynot103?

It is really easy to say things behind a computer screen and a username. The fact of the matter is you do not know what you are talking about. Have you seen a practice at WB? Do you have direct knowledge of anything related to the program? Do you know the current struggles that we as a coaching staff are battling? If you did, which you do not, you would know what is going on with the dynamics of the program and the district. You wouldn't know that because you are not involved with the program in any capacity. Whynot103 you say its mainly do to coaching? Feel free share your real name so we could see who is making bold claims that it is do to coaching. Once you share your true identity, I will welcome you into my program to show you what we have going on. To show you how we are rebuilding from the youth up. To show you that the future is bright in this program not to mention, the kids we have wrestling now are hard nose tough kids and we will come looking for a fight. We will not back down and these kids will give it their all. I am proud of this team and the work they are putting in and it is showing. So, what say you Whynot103?
If kids aren't wrestling for you it doesn't really matter what you do in the room, it's the outside the room stuff too. It's really not a great look to post a rant on an anonymous image board and might be part of the problem your program is currently facing

If kids aren't wrestling for you it doesn't really matter what you do in the room, it's the outside the room stuff too. It's really not a great look to post a rant on an anonymous image board and might be part of the problem your program is currently facing
So, its ok for people to call in question what is being done and we can not defend our program, kids and staff. I wouldn't it say it was a rant. There is no emotion in anything that was said. Just asking for a person to not hide behind a screen. I would say it was more of an educational experience and sticking up for the kids, program and the district. As far as out of the room stuff too, you mean like taking the kids to Penn State camp, open mat opportunities all off season, taking kids to other open mats. Or other out of the room stuff like attending the kids other sports activities and building relationships in the hallways. You are 100% correct its is all about that. Its always about the kids and we have great kids at WB.

So, its ok for people to call in question what is being done and we can not defend our program, kids and staff. I wouldn't it say it was a rant. There is no emotion in anything that was said. Just asking for a person to not hide behind a screen. I would say it was more of an educational experience and sticking up for the kids, program and the district. As far as out of the room stuff too, you mean like taking the kids to Penn State camp, open mat opportunities all off season, taking kids to other open mats. Or other out of the room stuff like attending the kids other sports activities and building relationships in the hallways. You are 100% correct its is all about that. Its always about the kids and we have great kids at WB.
As a Carrollton alumni best of luck to West Branch. I prefer when the conference is good and it's been way to often the last few years the top couple teams in conference are sleep walking thru the other teams. I also like to see the most possible state qualifiers from the conference as possible.

I think it's within the rights of a person to question why has happened to a program that has taken such a drastic turn in performance in a short time period, I also don't think you owe any of those people an explanation and that if you're confident in what you're doing and have a long term solution you're going to be ok. In the future though I don't think I'd post in this forum, it will only lead to more headaches for you and the Warriors

Yes they have fallen off. Mainly do to coaching. Only had 14 kids come out for team. I don't think they have anyone under 126.
I dont know if that's a fair statement.

My numbers and program are down from what I set as our expectations and I don't know what more I can do. Maybe its coaching at my school district (I coach at Jefferson)... luckily I'm not being called out yet lol.

But I bet there are other things that we aren't aware of at west branch. I think part of that is just the ups and downs of public school districts.

This is the first year I had football play so late and it did seem to be harder to get some of those guys out since they feel like they are already behind on off season work I guess.

Schedule for Thursday, January 5th

Minerva at West Branch
Carrollton at Marlington
Alliance at Salem

Anyone on here have the remaining schedule for Marlington? I’m a recent transplant and would like to come watch a few matches

Carrollton 43 Marlington 27

Minerva 47 West Branch 24

Salem 49 Alliance 30

Takeaways - Carrollton remains the league favorite, and the four man lightweight punch continues to reign. Marlington making a strong first showing for most improved. WB HAS the strength, yet as we know - not in numbers. West Branch won 5 of the 10 matches wrestled, but FF 4 weights. Salem won 9/14 and dominated 126-150.

Carrollton 43 Marlington 27

Minerva 47 West Branch 24

Salem 49 Alliance 30

Takeaways - Carrollton remains the league favorite, and the four man lightweight punch continues to reign. Marlington making a strong first showing for most improved. WB HAS the strength, yet as we know - not in numbers. West Branch won 5 of the 10 matches wrestled, but FF 4 weights. Salem won 9/14 and dominated 126-150.
Ok, agree, Carrollton 1 minvera or Salem 2 opposite is 3.
Alliance 4, marlington 5 west branch last
So yes wb did win half of contested matches.
But 3 or the wins came against minvera first year kids. Also Minvera bumped kids up most 2 classes. Example Minvera 120 pins wb 132. And so on.
Other then 126, Minvera wrestle their 126 against wb coach's son lasted about 50 seconds. Now no buts they could of just bumped everyone a class. But other then 190 , 126 is Minveras best kid. S they left him there just to humiliate the great ones kid. Will happen against Salem and Carrollton for wb to.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, agree, Carrollton 1 minvera or Salem 2 opposite is 3.
Alliance 4, marlington 5 west branch last
So yes wb did win half of contested matches.
But 3 or the wins came against minvera first year kids. Also Minvera bumped kids up most 2 classes. Example Minvera 120 pins wb 132. And so on.
Other then 126, Minvera wrestle their 126 against wb coach's son lasted about 50 seconds. Now no buts they could have just bumped everyone a class. But other then 190 , 126 is Minveras best kid. S they left him there just to humiliate the great ones kid. Will happen against Salem and Carrollton for wb to.
Whynot103
1. Did you graduate? I think you need some grammar lessons! Just ask, I can help if you’d like!
2. The “great one” is a name you have awarded this coach, and sounds like you have a large bone to pick. So why not be a man/woman and say it to a face rather than behind your phone?!
3. Minerva 126 is a great wrestler and a great kid I hope! Bashing kids on here is kind of a dick move and only goes to show what type of person you are and anyone else is! WB 126 doesn’t wrestle all year round and focuses on more than wrestling. Why not learn about the person you are talking about! At least WB 126 is humble and understands he isn’t going to college for wrestling.
4. Should it happen that WB son loses again against Salem and Carrollton, guess what… at least his dad will not grab him by the throat and carry him out of the gym humiliating him! Now that’s humiliation.
5. So, again if you have something to say, say it to a face. If you can’t, then shut the hell up!!

Fight nice children…

WB wrestled very well - Hudson Brink looks to have a promising season ahead down at 175.
Dorris is a good wrestler as well, and 126 is the best weight in the conference by a mile. Burt (Sal), Pidgeon (Carr), and Strader (Min) were state qualifiers last year. And Stanley from Marlington had a decent run at Districts last year.