Toledo Area Basketball 22-23

that’s their normal look
I was there and it seemed unusually dark to me. I’ve been at that gym many many times and it’s never seemed that “dark”. We were even talking about it before the game. I don’t think any lights were out, etc.

Some good ones this weekend:

Tonight:
Findlay at St. John's
Genoa at Eastwood
Huron at Margaretta
Lima Sr at Whitmer
Northview at Perrysburg
Woodward at Bowsher

Saturday:
Detroit College Prep at Rossford
Emmanuel Christian at Lutheran East
MVCD at Cardinal Stritch
Ottawa Hills at Toledo Christian
Ottawa-Glandorf at Lutheran West
Columbian at Ross
Central Catholic at Akron SVSM
St. John's at St. Ed's

Findlay 47 at St. John's 41 - Big win for the Trojans
Genoa 50 at Eastwood 38 - Genoa off to 5-0 start
Huron 63 at Margaretta 66 - Margaretta was down 14 at half
Lima Sr 65 at Whitmer 83 - Panthers are legit
Northview 40 at Perrysburg 69 - surprised by this margin
Woodward at Bowsher - haven't seen this score

Findlay 47 at St. John's 41 - Big win for the Trojans
Genoa 50 at Eastwood 38 - Genoa off to 5-0 start
Huron 63 at Margaretta 66 - Margaretta was down 14 at half
Lima Sr 65 at Whitmer 83 - Panthers are legit
Northview 40 at Perrysburg 69 - surprised by this margin
Woodward at Bowsher - haven't seen this score
Whitmer might run away with the TRAC this year. West is the real deal.

Whitmer might run away with the TRAC this year. West is the real deal.
I disagree. West is good and all but DERIC JAYNES was also ridiculous tonight. He is criminally underrated (and I know being 5'9 doesn't help) but he was finding a way to put the ball in the hoop no matter what (and he hit a three at the buzzer over Lima's 6'7' white dude too!).

I will say though, it was dizzying watching both teams play. It was like a continuous fast break. Both teams had like 10+ turnovers and were in the bonus halfway through the third. I feel like if the right team is able to slow them down and frustrate them they will fall apart.

If anything I think the TRAC is wide open. Anyone (except Clay) can and will beat anyone if they're taken at face value.

I disagree. West is good and all but DERIC JAYNES was also ridiculous tonight. He is criminally underrated (and I know being 5'9 doesn't help) but he was finding a way to put the ball in the hoop no matter what (and he hit a three at the buzzer over Lima's 6'7' white dude too!).

I will say though, it was dizzying watching both teams play. It was like a continuous fast break. Both teams had like 10+ turnovers and were in the bonus halfway through the third. I feel like if the right team is able to slow them down and frustrate them they will fall apart.

If anything I think the TRAC is wide open. Anyone (except Clay) can and will beat anyone if they're taken at face value.
The TRAC will be very good come tournament time. Teams like Ross, Findlay, and SJJ have the guys to run with anyone. Lima and Whitmer will be the favorites to come out of the region. I think Whitmer has a real shot to make it to Dayton.

I do believe Whitmer has the talent to make a run but they will have to grow between now and tournament time. As you state, very sloppy and fast-break oriented all game.

I still believe the TRAC is theirs. SJ and Findlay have a shot to beat the Panthers but they do not have the horses to keep up IMO. CC with Johnson has a shot. Will be interesting to see if someone can slow the Panthers down and force them into a deliberate half court contest.

Perrysburg is intriguing to me. Boyce always excels when he has a team like this. Every starter is an athletic 6'3" to 6'5" (ish) and they execute his half court zone very well. They ran Whitmer off the court last year and I give them the edge this season (next Tuesday).

Tournament time is always a different story but I put Perrysburg #1 and Whitmer #2 at the moment.

I do believe Whitmer has the talent to make a run but they will have to grow between now and tournament time. As you state, very sloppy and fast-break oriented all game.

I still believe the TRAC is theirs. SJ and Findlay have a shot to beat the Panthers but they do not have the horses to keep up IMO. CC with Johnson has a shot. Will be interesting to see if someone can slow the Panthers down and force them into a deliberate half court contest.

Perrysburg is intriguing to me. Boyce always excels when he has a team like this. Every starter is an athletic 6'3" to 6'5" (ish) and they execute his half court zone very well. They ran Whitmer off the court last year and I give them the edge this season (next Tuesday).

Tournament time is always a different story but I put Perrysburg #1 and Whitmer #2 at the moment.
Perrysburg‘s team is a little different this year than a normal Boyce team. They don’t run the half quart zone nearly as much and play a tough man-to-man defense. That’s what they did last night against Northview and held them to 9 points in the first half (40-9 lead). They also run a lot more and are very good in transition because they are so athletic. At the same time they will also slow it down when necessary and run good sets on the offenses end.

Tuesday should be a good measuring stick for both teams.

TCC keeping it respectable with StVM through the first half. Down 12-11 after 1Q, down 27-16 at half. I'll take any loss within 10 against the House of 'Bron.

TCC keeping it respectable with StVM through the first half. Down 12-11 after 1Q, down 27-16 at half. I'll take any loss within 10 against the House of 'Bron.
gone christmas GIF

68-36 Final.

Not sure how they actually played, but pretty tall task to face a state power in your first full week with all your guys lol. They have SJ next Friday at home and will then haul out the next day to Trotwood to face the Rams.

gone christmas GIF

68-36 Final.

Not sure how they actually played, but pretty tall task to face a state power in your first full week with all your guys lol. They have SJ next Friday at home and will then haul out the next day to Trotwood to face the Rams.

Understand your point and the reality of it. But, not sure they’re going to get sympathy anytime soon from opposing teams.

Can anyone tell me about the Plantz kid from Genoa? I assume that is Jacob Plantz's younger brother? 6'7"? Freshman right? Does he play football?

Can anyone tell me about the Plantz kid from Genoa? I assume that is Jacob Plantz's younger brother? 6'7"? Freshman right? Does he play football?
Not 100% sure, most likely a first cousin. 6’7” might be a rounded up height. Kid is an athletic freak. Stop playing football for hardcore AAU life.

Cousin. All of 6’6 for sure. 6’7 may be generous. But he’s loooong. Freshmen. Played football in 7th and 8th grade. Didn’t play this past fall. Heard he missed it thought and may reconsider next year.

According to box scores, he’s scored in double figures in all 5 of his first varsity games. Pretty impressive.

Maumee 65-39 over Waite
With 10 returning seniors, maumee could be improved this year. The Maumee coach was hired to change the culture of the program. This is his 5th year, so hopefully the panther community will see some dividends in their last year in the NLL

With 10 returning seniors, maumee could be improved this year. The Maumee coach was hired to change the culture of the program. This is his 5th year, so hopefully the panther community will see some dividends in their last year in the NLL

Based on what I saw - even in a 25+ point win they may not have a league win this year. Look to be about 4 deep even with all those seniors.

No trying to be mean, but I didn't see any improvement in skill, bodies (strength) or effort over last season. The expectations seem way too high to me.

Based on what I saw - even in a 25+ point win they may not have a league win this year. Look to be about 4 deep even with all those seniors.

No trying to be mean, but I didn't see any improvement in skill, bodies (strength) or effort over last season. The expectations seem way too high to me.

And Waite is bad. Very bad. But Maumee did play a tight one with AW....that was also the 2nd time playing them in 3 days though as well if that matters.

I do think the next 3 games for Maumee will tell us a lot about them (Springfield, Otsego, Eastwood). If they can get 2 of those 3 that'll be a huge momentum boost for them going into Christmas.

Anthony Wayne’s non conference schedule is brutal. EC, Whitmer, Columbian, Maple Heights, even Toledo Christian is a tough game. Not many teams around playing a schedule like that.
Lol....Ottawa Glandorf has Lutheran West, Cincinnati Princeton, Rossford, Lima Senior, Findlay, Lexington and Lakota East. I'd put that non-con schedule up against any team in NW Ohio

Lol....Ottawa Glandorf has Lutheran West, Cincinnati Princeton, Rossford, Lima Senior, Findlay, Lexington and Lakota East. I'd put that non-con schedule up against any team in NW Ohio
OG is historically a state contender with one of the top juniors in the state. They play schools like that every year. Anthony Wayne was picked 3rd in their own league and are about 30 points worse than Perrysburg.

I am not sure that basketball players at maumee are required to lift in the off-season. I could be wrong though. I am pretty sure that "lifting in the off-season" is something that most schools probably do.

I was there and it seemed unusually dark to me. I’ve been at that gym many many times and it’s never seemed that “dark”. We were even talking about it before the game. I don’t think any lights were out, etc.
I believe they installed new lights this week.