• New Philadelphia

Votes: 12 34.3%
  • West Holmes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wooster

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Big Lex Fan

Who will be in the hunt for the Ohio Cardinal Conference this season. Any thoughts on all teams in the league...

Any word on any scrimmages for the OCC teams. I haven't been able to see Lex yet but have heard that they looked pretty good...

No idea on scrimmages. I would think Lex would be the favorite, although with New Philadelphia having a new coach and being unknown I would think they could be a wild card.

I think NP has some experience back,I might be wrong, I think they have 3starters back, there new coach is really a local grad at one time,I think he went to Tusky Cent. Cath ,I know his parents are from NP

I went back and look it up, from The Times reporter paper,he had a pretty good record at the last school he was at, Jonathan Alder from the Columbus area three years there he was 58-13 and won three straight league titles

I went back and look it up, from The Times reporter paper,he had a pretty good record at the last school he was at, Jonathan Alder from the Columbus area three years there he was 58-13 and won three straight league titles
Yeah he had them ranked in D2 a couple years back. Well respected here in Central Ohio area from what I’ve heard.

Because of its deep playoff run in football, Mansfield Senior has rescheduled some early games to give some football players time to get into basketball shape, according to ArbiterSports.

The Dec. 2 game against New Philadelphia has been rescheduled for Dec. 20, while the Dec. 3 tilt against Lima Senior will played Dec. 6.

The Dec. 10 match-up against Columbus Eastmoor will be Feb. 7.

As usual, the Tygers play a tough non-conference schedule that features--in addition to Lima Senior and Columbus Eastmoor--Rossford in the Coach Q Kewpee Holiday Classic in Lima, Toledo Scott, Shelby, Columbus Bishop Hartley, Sandusky and Trotwood-Madison.

As an old-timer, I still remember the classic 1985 Mansfield Senior-Toledo Scott regional final at Bowling Green's packed Anderson Arena won by the Joe Prats-coached Tygers on their legendary run to the state finals, where they lost to Cincinnati Purcell-Marian.

So you are saying they will open Dec 6th, play Dec 9th but then moved the Eastmoor game that was on the 10th?

So you are saying they will open Dec 6th, play Dec 9th but then moved the Eastmoor game that was on the 10th?

Yes.

According to Arbitersports, which is found on the Ohio High School Athletic Association website, the Tygers' first four games are Lima Senior on Dec. 6, Wooster on Dec. 9, Mt. Vernon on Dec. 13, and West Holmes on Dec. 16

Lima Senior 70
Mansfield Senior 39

West Holmes 51
Wooster Triway 65

Wooster 42
Dover 47
From the Dec. 7 Lima News

MANSFIELD — Brandon Moore (18), Je`Kel Cotton (13) and Isiah Wilson (10) each scored in double digits as the Spartans held the Tygers to a single point in the second quarter on their way to securing a victory in their season opener.

New Phila FINALLY gets to play their first game friday night vs Mans. Madison. Not sure what to expect for first game against Madison playing their 5th. Madison looks pretty good considering both losses by total of 3 points. Go Quakers

New Phila FINALLY gets to play their first game friday night vs Mans. Madison. Not sure what to expect for first game against Madison playing their 5th. Madison looks pretty good considering both losses by total of 3 points. Go Quakers
Connecting games is not always a good way to evaluate but the 3 points in losses were to Wooster and Oregon Clay. Wooster just lost to Dover, who you should be familiar with. And Oregon Clay on has 1 win on the season over Madison vs 3 losses.

Why did New Phila wait so long to play their first game?

Also the Steubenville game was rescheduled because of their football playoffs run, I'm hearing it should be Phila and Lexington for league race, I seen Lexington play against West Holmes,they look very good

Also I'm hearing, that Lexington and Madison are opposed to letting Dover in the league,I was hoping that Dover can get into this league,

Connecting games is not always a good way to evaluate but the 3 points in losses were to Wooster and Oregon Clay. Wooster just lost to Dover, who you should be familiar with. And Oregon Clay on has 1 win on the season over Madison vs 3 losses.
I agree you cannot look at comparing scores but Madison could have just as easily be 4-0. Still 2-2 is a decent start.I just hope Quakers can overcome 1st game rust and win a game they should/need to win at home to be considered a contender for league championship. We shall see.

Also I'm hearing, that Lexington and Madison are opposed to letting Dover in the league,I was hoping that Dover can get into this league,
My fear all along has been that if the membership in the OCC shifts east then it will end up just like the old Cardinal Conf. and the western schools will look for a change. I dont think Phila or Dover are viable for the OCC but I think the competition is great. They need to hook up with Louisville, Alliance, Marlington.

Would West Branch and Salem be good fit or would they head more to the northeast to find a new league,if there current league would disband

Would West Branch and Salem be good fit or would they head more to the northeast to find a new league,if there current league would disband
I'm trying to imagine West Holmes, Mansfield Madison, Mansfield Senior, and Lexington driving to New Philadelphia, Dover, West Branch, and Salem. Ouch.

I think they woulf head east. They were part of the group that wanted Louisville out of the EBC, dont see them joining back. CVCA is looking for new league but they are a bit north. Steubenville is an hour east which is not much better than Ashland.

My fear all along has been that if the membership in the OCC shifts east then it will end up just like the old Cardinal Conf. and the western schools will look for a change. I dont think Phila or Dover are viable for the OCC but I think the competition is great. They need to hook up with Louisville, Alliance, Marlington.
East: New Phila, Dover, Louisville, Alliance, Marlington, CCC
West: Senior, Madison, Lexington, Ashland, West Holmes, Wooster
Hoops - Play your division twice, other division once (16 scheduled games) - 3 "long" bus trips a year
Football - 2 crossovers (7 scheduled games) - 1 "long" bus trip a year

This won't happen, but would be about as ideal a fit for Dover & NP as they could get with enrollment and geography.

East: New Phila, Dover, Louisville, Alliance, Marlington, CCC
West: Senior, Madison, Lexington, Ashland, West Holmes, Wooster
Hoops - Play your division twice, other division once (16 scheduled games) - 3 "long" bus trips a year
Football - 2 crossovers (7 scheduled games) - 1 "long" bus trip a year

This won't happen, but would be about as ideal a fit for Dover & NP as they could get with enrollment and geography.
I think what a few from Mansfield area are finding out is that the issues are with sports other than Hoops and Football playing weekend night games with HS and JH kids getting off a bus at 11pm or later, on a school night is not a good idea.

I think what a few from Mansfield area are finding out is that the issues are with sports other than Hoops and Football playing weekend night games with HS and JH kids getting off a bus at 11pm or later, on a school night is not a good idea.
I would agree. With the setup mentioned there really wouldn't be a need for the East and West schools to play each other in Junior High or many of the other sports.