#1 Georgia vs #4 Ohio State (Atlanta, GA)

Tough draw for the Buckeyes, but with health at RB they have a chance to win. The D scheme needs to be adjusted to accommodate a power offense. The familiarity factor Michigan had will not be had by Georgia. This could be a far better game than many think now.

Like I posted on the other thread OSU will need to finish every drive with a TD. For the Bucks to win they will need to score 40 plus pts. I have no faith in OSU's defense. Read on an OSU web site forum that JSN tweeted he would be playing FWIW.

Only way to beat Georgia is to air it out. Like how Bama beat them in the sec title game last year. Then in the natty they didn’t have Meechie and Williams got hurt early and they couldn’t stretch the field and score.

Defacto home game for Georgia, tOSU should prepare for a loud hostile environment. Also of note the eastern time zone gets the late game, this match up looks like it was done to maximize revenue.

Game plan wise tOSU needs to prepare better than they did at the end of the year. On offense I Would look for newness and ways to neutralize the UGA DTs against the Bucks IOL, if he is comfortable with it the need to probably roll out Stroud. On defense they need to install some more zone and maybe go to a bend don’t break philosophy and not allow HR type TDs on defense.

In their last three losses UGA has surrendered an average of about 440 yards passing. Have to be very up tempo with just enough rushing to keep them honest and have to hope to try to wear out their hogs up front.

If they roll out the 5 DB base defense, I don't think it matters what they do offensively. They have to scrap the base defense IMO for this one.

Defacto home game for Georgia, tOSU should prepare for a loud hostile environment. Also if not the eastern time zone gets the late game, this match up looks like it was done to maximize revenue.

Game plan wise tOSU needs to prepare better than they did at the end of the year. On offense I Would look for newness and ways to neutralize the UGA DTs against the Bucks IOL, if he is comfortable with it the need to probably roll out Stroud. On defense they need to install some more zone and maybe go to a bend don’t break philosophy and not allow HR type TDs on defense.
I thought that was interesting as well. Every other year the Peach Bowl has been played in the afternoon and the Fiesta Bowl the night cap.

OSU weakness'. Poor secondary play and less than stellar defensive front.
Georgia weaknesses: Down field passing.
Why Georgia will win...
- Better line play on both sides of ball.
- Huge home field advantage.
- Better running game.
- Better run defense & QB pressure.
Why Ohio State will win...???
- Because they should have huge "humiliation" motivation from quitting against Michigan.

Last edited:
Assuming JSN plays, the Bucks have a shot to toss the ball around. Will need an uptempo scheme for a bit, early on to combat the early game rush the Dogs will have in front of a de facto home crowd

Stroud will actually need to put some big boys pants on for once. There will be times where he must move around and make things happen. How much faith can I have in him doing that?

OSU weakness'. Poor secondary play and less than stellar defensive front.
Georgia weaknesses: Down field passing.
Why Georgia will win...
- Better line play on both sides of ball.
- Huge home field advantage.
- Better running game.
- Better run defense & QB pressure.
Why Ohio State will win...???
- Because they should have huge "humiliation" motivation from quitting against Michigan?
OSU has a good offensive line the running backs or lack of were the issue, OSU has the better QB (he will be the no. 1 pick in the draft) and better wr's if JSN decides to play. UGA better running backs and TE's. Defensively UGA is better however they can be thrown on.

OSU has a good offensive line the running backs or lack of were the issue, OSU has the better QB (he will be the no. 1 pick in the draft) and better wr's if JSN decides to play. UGA better running backs and TE's. Defensively UGA is better however they can be thrown on.
Agreed. But the home field advantage will negate all of that.

JSN definitely hasn't tweeted about playing, unless he deleted it. Even if he plays, I dont say a word til gametime

Whenever Day was asked about JSN today, demeanor change indicates what the announcement is coming, especially when it was posed about is it an injury and opt out type decision and he seemed to say both

Whenever Day was asked about JSN today, demeanor change indicates what the announcement is coming, especially when it was posed about is it an injury and opt out type decision and he seemed to say both
I’m sure they will announce his active Buckeye days are over and wish him well.

Inhope he plays, and sucks because he quit on the team and now wants to participate when they are on the playoffs?
Get bent ya selfish SOB.

Really? why is that? Who should be in? I guess they Bucks should only be in if they are undefeated? Seems like a high bar.
Yes really! I love the Buckeyes but they didn’t Win the Big 10, certainly there are other Teams who Played a tougher Schedule and last but not least they got their a ss handed to them at Home in season Finale. I simply think they didn’t earn it or deserve it this yr.

Yes really! I love the Buckeyes but they didn’t Win the Big 10, certainly there are other Teams who Played a tougher Schedule and last but not least they got their a ss handed to them at Home in season Finale. I simply think they didn’t earn it or deserve it this yr.
lol, so we need to be undefeated, ok. Do you place the same standard on all the other teams? And who should be in there in their place?

Is there a clear 3-4 that should be in the playoffs? Head to head I would take OSU over TCU. I envy Michigan drawing TCU. Georgia top ranking probably drew the tougher draw. Georgia had some average wins this year. If Georgia doesn't bring their A game, OSU might have a punchers chance.

Inhope he plays, and sucks because he quit on the team and now wants to participate when they are on the playoffs?
Get bent ya selfish SOB.
I am with you; college game is being ruined by career 1st team 2nd attitude. I am biased being a Bengal fan, but I believe joe Burrow would have played vs Alabama with two bad hamstrings. Wish these type of players (JSN) would play 2 years than just leave school and get ready for the NFL draft their 3rd yr. removed from H.S.

I guess they Bucks should only be in if they are undefeated?
Exactly. Anything less than 12-0 coming out of the horrible Big Ten this year is grounds for elimination from CFP discussion. We all would have eliminated Cincinnati last year if they had taken a loss; they played in a similarly poor conference as this year’s Big Ten.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …