Northeast Ohio vs. America Showcase

A lot of states don't start that early. So you're gonna be limited on who will be involved, Georgia has the Corky Kell that week so only way to get a team would be Valdosta or Lowndes as they only sometimes participate in that.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him scheduled for this event but I doubt the game will happen. I think game cancellation fees will be the ultimate score in 2023.
I don’t think so. Be serious.

Massillon vs. Marion Local. Western Ohio isn't NE Ohio so it should be eligible.

Let's end the debate once and for all!
Actually, a couple seasons ago Avon was having real trouble finding a non league game to fill out the schedule and so was Marion Local. For a little while it looked like it would happen, but each wound up at the last minute finding geographically closer opponents.

That matchup would be the Cleveland City Schools all stars vs. The Lower 48 Stars….. unless IMG brought some guys in from from Hawaii and Alaska. I do have a question….. is IMG eligible for the Florida State Championship?
They're not an all-star team. They're team that has some players who don't live within the attendance boundary. They're not stealing kids from other communities. Give it a rest

They're not an all-star team. They're team that has some players who don't live within the attendance boundary. They're not stealing kids from other communities. Give it a rest
Whatever you say bro. I just find it improbable that a D4 school, with 22 positions to fill, has 9 of those positions filled by D1 power conference schools. Simple logic, simple numbers and past history tells one that it is virtually impossible to compile that kind of talent in the spirit and mission of high school athletics. When a team can stack that kind of talent there is something wrong with the rules. It’s just how I feel. When ONE school has advantages that 98% of others do not, it’s wrong. The school they beat, Wyoming, lives and dies by the kids that live in that community of 9,000 people . They lost to a handpicked team from a pool of 40,000 kids within the City of Cleveland school district. There is something wrong with that.

Reactions: y2h
Whatever you say bro. I just find it improbable that a D4 school, with 22 positions to fill, has 9 of those positions filled by D1 power conference schools. Simple logic, simple numbers and past history tells one that it is virtually impossible to compile that kind of talent in the spirit and mission of high school athletics. When a team can stack that kind of talent there is something wrong with the rules. It’s just how I feel. When ONE school has advantages that 98% of others do not, it’s wrong. The school they beat, Wyoming, lives and dies by the kids that live in that community of 9,000 people . They lost to a handpicked team from a pool of 40,000 kids within the City of Cleveland school district. There is something wrong with that.
So an open-enrollment school competing against a closed-enrollment school is an unfair advantage. But what about the unfair advantage a wealthy school has over a poor, distressed school? Why are we okay with that? What city school in Akron, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Columbus, Youngstown, Dayton, or Toledo can compete with an Avon Lake, Hudson, Orange, Ottawa Hills, Bexley, Upper Arlington, Jackson Twp, Lakota, Oakwood, Beavercreek, Dublin or Hilliard?

Just be honest and replace Wyoming with Steubenville.Pretty sure thats what u sayin anyways

Just be honest and replace Wyoming with Steubenville.Pretty sure thats what u sayin anyways
Something like that. But Steubenville is an open enrollment district. Using Wyoming illustrated my point better than OE districts. But yes, I feel pretty much the same about SHS. We may get a transfer or 2 that contributes. But by no means are we getting all American D1 power conference kids. Let alone 9. Like I’ve said a thousand times you can count on less than one hand the number of D1 power conference recruits we’ve had in 40 years. So IF we are recruiting kids we are not very good at it.

I t
So an open-enrollment school competing against a closed-enrollment school is an unfair advantage. But what about the unfair advantage a wealthy school has over a poor, distressed school? Why are we okay with that? What city school in Akron, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Columbus, Youngstown, Dayton, or Toledo can compete with an Avon Lake, Hudson, Orange, Ottawa Hills, Bexley, Upper Arlington, Jackson Twp, Lakota, Oakwood, Beavercreek, Dublin or Hilliard?
I think you just made my point.

Maybe they're saving the announcement as a Christmas present for Ohio HS football fans.

Best venue in the state should garner a pretty impressive lineup.
They’re playing the games at “The Pit” Crazy, I hope northeast Ohio fans don’t mind the drive down to Cincinnati.

Last edited: