W.O.A.C 2022-2023

This is a really dumb question and probably should not be in thread but does anyone know that website that has all the future sports schedules? I know it starts with an A but that's all I know 😂

I don’t think any other team can get into the top 3 but South should be better and FM and Newton should be also. North is far away from having a good basketball team I’d guess them to be the worst in the league this year. NT might be OK Arcanum always plays hard and well coached. MV probably only better than North and Ansonia somewhere between that 4-10 range. My predictions would be.
1.PS
2.TV
3.Bradford
4.South
5.FM
6.Arcanum
7.Newton
8.Ansonia
9.NT
10.MV
11.Dixie
12.North
Is South not as good as some were expecting. Not saying your the only one Big Arrow I was also was or are the top 3 teams just that much better than the rest the league?

Is South not as good as some were expecting. Not saying your the only one Big Arrow I was also was or are the top 3 teams just that much better than the rest the league?
Looking at the LC scores against Bradford and South you would think there is a big difference. But to be fair, Bradford played LC Saturday night on a back to back weekend for LC. It was Bradford's first game of the year. Bradford pushed tempo all game and wore LC down, plus Bradford shot the ball very well. 59% from the field and 55% from 3's. Looking forward to Bradford's game Friday night at Trail.

They haven’t played a league game yet and I definitely didn’t think they’d beat the top 3 teams. I was surprised they only scored 23 points against Eaton I don’t think anyone on that side of the SWBL is that good. Guess we will see when they start playing the rest of the league.

IMO the top three will run away from everyone. Small school basketball is generally (outside of the MAC/SCAL) very average so when you get elite players like Davidson/Shrout/TV kids over the years, your typical small schools can't compete. Imagine Bradford or PS without their studs, a couple nice players but pretty average overall.

Looking at the LC scores against Bradford and South you would think there is a big difference. But to be fair, Bradford played LC Saturday night on a back to back weekend for LC. It was Bradford's first game of the year. Bradford pushed tempo all game and wore LC down, plus Bradford shot the ball very well. 59% from the field and 55% from 3's. Looking forward to Bradford's game Friday night at Trail.
Back to back might of had a little to do with it. I wish Bradford would’ve beefed up it’s OOC games this year, I’d like to see them run with some good D2 teams. I think they would hang, and it would’ve helped them come tournament time, because they might be able to make a nice little run come February.

Bradford better smoke Trail. Trail isn't any good. 17 point win on North? TV and Shawnee Freshman teams could beat Norths Varsity. Bradford, TV and Shawnee will be leaps over rest of League

IMO the top three will run away from everyone. Small school basketball is generally (outside of the MAC/SCAL) very average so when you get elite players like Davidson/Shrout/TV kids over the years, your typical small schools can't compete. Imagine Bradford or PS without their studs, a couple nice players but pretty average overall.
You always need players Shrout is the best player Shawnee has had no doubt but they also were winning SWBL championship and multiple tournament games before Shrout was a freshman. I see your point the team with the best players will win but I believe if you took the best player off each off the top 3 teams the league would still go TV Shawnee and Bradford in any order you want to put them.

I think TVS is a team that could get a lot better as the year goes on. There is a new coach in place with a new system, and I believe he will do a good job. Also, 2 of the key returning players decided not to play this season, which hurts the team.

I think TVS is a team that could get a lot better as the year goes on. There is a new coach in place with a new system, and I believe he will do a good job. Also, 2 of the key returning players decided not to play this season, which hurts the team.
I didn’t realize they didn’t have two of there better players and forgot they had a coaching change I still believe they will finish in the 5/6 range of the league. But I was surprised by Dixie’s win

You always need players Shrout is the best player Shawnee has had no doubt but they also were winning SWBL championship and multiple tournament games before Shrout was a freshman. I see your point the team with the best players will win but I believe if you took the best player off each off the top 3 teams the league would still go TV Shawnee and Bradford in any order you want to put them.
They may win a league with other average teams, but if you take Shrout off the team they aren't coming close to Bradford or TV this year. And Bradford isn't coming close to TV/PS without Davidson. I think if you take only the top player off the three, TV runs away with the league.

Original point was just that the rest fo the league, barring a fluke, can't compete with those three.

And the SWBL is the very definition of average HS basketball 😄 😄 😄

Back to back might of had a little to do with it. I wish Bradford would’ve beefed up it’s OOC games this year, I’d like to see them run with some good D2 teams. I think they would hang, and it would’ve helped them come tournament time, because they might be able to make a nice little run come February.
Bradford did only win 4 games Davidsons Sophmore year. Most schools have two year deals with OOC games and two years ago no good team is playing a 4 win team. Just as we see other average schools never playing inferior teams.

They may win a league with other average teams, but if you take Shrout off the team they aren't coming close to Bradford or TV this year. And Bradford isn't coming close to TV/PS without Davidson. I think if you take only the top player off the three, TV runs away with the league.

Original point was just that the rest fo the league, barring a fluke, can't compete with those three.

And the SWBL is the very definition of average HS basketball 😄 😄 😄
I won’t argue SWBL is average and as far as big schools in the SWBL they are below average but you can only judge off the leagues you are/were in. I’m not sure any school at any level would be as good without there best player that’s obvious.

Bradford did only win 4 games Davidsons Sophmore year. Most schools have two year deals with OOC games and two years ago no good team is playing a 4 win team. Just as we see other average schools never playing inferior teams.
I get that but I’ve never heard of Miami Valley School in my life, doesn’t make them a bad team but I follow a lot of basketball so I’m guessing they probably aren’t going to compete against Bradford at all. I get having a game or two you have a great shot at winning but that was the LC game and middletown Christian for them. I’m not saying play a team you never have a shot at winning but playing team like Milton Union or Northridge would’ve been good for Bradford this year and really going forward. I didn’t really follow the CCC that close besides the Preble county schools and Arcanum because Shawnee always played them so I’m not sure what the situation was with Bradford in that league besides what I heard from other people which I would take with a grain of salt. But it looks like they have players to compete after Davidson is gone to me.

I won’t argue SWBL is average and as far as big schools in the SWBL they are below average but you can only judge off the leagues you are/were in. I’m not sure any school at any level would be as good without there best player that’s obvious.
Definitely agree, take Gabe Cupps off of Centerville and they are not an elite D1 team. My point was in response to if the top three will run away from the league. Of course the answer is yes because the rest of the league is average and two of those teams are well above average because of their studs and one is deep with the areas small school talent :stirthepot:

Also seen the Coach is Jay Hall. He’s been there a few years now and I know it takes good kids and kids buying in how has he been received now after awhile? I read the Article in the daily advocate he said Bradford was on a 44 game losing streak when he took over. Now talked about competing for the league. Community has to be thrilled.
1. He’s stuck around (a lot of turnover at Bradford through the years)
2. They are winning

Where did he come from?
Big Arrow that’s why I asked this question.

I get that but I’ve never heard of Miami Valley School in my life, doesn’t make them a bad team but I follow a lot of basketball so I’m guessing they probably aren’t going to compete against Bradford at all. I get having a game or two you have a great shot at winning but that was the LC game and middletown Christian for them. I’m not saying play a team you never have a shot at winning but playing team like Milton Union or Northridge would’ve been good for Bradford this year and really going forward. I didn’t really follow the CCC that close besides the Preble county schools and Arcanum because Shawnee always played them so I’m not sure what the situation was with Bradford in that league besides what I heard from other people which I would take with a grain of salt. But it looks like they have players to compete after Davidson is gone to me.
They have been at the bottom for a long time. But they do have some players around him that will compete but his 30+ is what makes them and will be missed when he’s gone as will Shrout’s. We will see what TV has without Sarver’s 25 along with the attention he pulled.

They have been at the bottom for a long time. But they do have some players around him that will compete but his 30+ is what makes them and will be missed when he’s gone as will Shrout’s. We will see what TV has without Sarver’s 25 along with the attention he pulled.
I get that but this would’ve been a great year to do it because I think they could make some noise in the D4 tournament.

Definitely agree, take Gabe Cupps off of Centerville and they are not an elite D1 team. My point was in response to if the top three will run away from the league. Of course the answer is yes because the rest of the league is average and two of those teams are well above average because of their studs and one is deep with the areas small school talent :stirthepot:
A team could have a bad night and get beat it happens but I see what you’re saying barring that bad shooting night these 3 are pretty far separated.

Big Arrow that’s why I asked this question.
I've been away from Bradford basketball for several years. My youngest graduated 10 years ago. Hall seems like a good coach and has done well so far. I don't know his background. He came at an opportune time with Davidson being the best player we've had in probably the last 40 years. But I appreciate him coming here knowing our teams have been bad for a long time and he still took on the challenge. We should be competitive the next few years. We have some nice soph and jr players.

Ive heard of Miami Valley schools but I have never seen them play guessing they are not good at all. A few teams in the WOAC play them this year.

I get that but this would’ve been a great year to do it because I think they could make some noise in the D4 tournament.
Totally agree. TC and Ft Recovery will probably be our toughest OOC games. Could use a couple more tough games.

Last edited:
They definitely have the talent to.
Problem with Bradford is their the 5th or 6th best team in their sectional.......if they are lucky they will make it to a sectional final.

Piqua Sectional:
1. Russia
2. Jackson Center
3. Botkins
4. Fort Loramie
5. Bradford????
6. Newton--who blasted them last year

I don't see how they are making a run in d4 with that sectional.

Problem with Bradford is their the 5th or 6th best team in their sectional.......if they are lucky they will make it to a sectional final.

Piqua Sectional:
1. Russia
2. Jackson Center
3. Botkins
4. Fort Loramie
5. Bradford????
6. Newton--who blasted them last year

I don't see how they are making a run in d4 with that sectional.
Thats a nice looking group of teams. D4 stacked up there.