Division VI State Championship: Marion Local (15-0) vs Kirtland (15-0)

Who wins?

• Marion Local by 17+

Votes: 17 8.9%
  • Marion Local by 8-16

Votes: 56 29.5%
  • Marion Local by 1-7

Votes: 54 28.4%
  • Kirtland by 1-7

Votes: 38 20.0%
  • Kirtland by 8-16

Votes: 20 10.5%
  • Kirtland by 17+

Votes: 5 2.6%

• Total voters
i’m suprised StHenry and Fort Recovery never ran into Kirtland back when they were powerhouses. New Bremen and Kirtland will meet sooner than later.
St Henry was a powerhouse before Kirtland really got going. I don't think you can ever say that the Fort was a powerhouse. They had one year they made a state run and never finished any better than 7-3 after that. Kirtland will never meet new bremen unless Bremens enrollment greatly increases. They're safely embedded in DVII

St Henry was a powerhouse before Kirtland really got going. I don't think you can ever say that the Fort was a powerhouse. They had one year they made a state run and never finished any better than 7-3 after that. Kirtland will never meet new bremen unless Bremens enrollment greatly increases. They're safely embedded in DVII
you don’t think Bremen may be on the brinks of D6? i think they are 10 or so boys off. if Bremen were to move up, there’s a good chance they could run into Kirtland as long as they stay D6 as well.

you don’t think Bremen may be on the brinks of D6? i think they are 10 or so boys off. if Bremen were to move up, there’s a good chance they could run into Kirtland as long as they stay D6 as well.
Is it possible yes, but not entirely probable. Not sure what Bremens numbers are off the top of my head but Kirtland is always on the brink of DV so I could see them going back up a division.

Not that it impacts this game, but some trivial stats. The team that has scored first has lost 2 out of 3 games in this series. 2018 is the only game that the team scoring first never trailed. Kirtland basically went wire to wire that game, although the Flyers did tie it at 7-7 at one point.

Goodwin's plan . IMO
Win games and have as many healthy starters against Kirtland game 16.
During the season he didn"t run MAC 1st team RB Otte much. I don't think he played defence either. Let him come around from his ACL injury last year. He is ready to be a work horse!
Drew Seitz has had some injury problems in past years so he was put in as a defensive stud and kept out on playing little offense to protect him. Now he is ready to be a work horse week 16.
If Meier can play close to 100%, ML is going to be a hard out, even for Kirtland.

Goodwin's plan . IMO
Win games and have as many healthy starters against Kirtland game 16.
During the season he didn"t run MAC 1st team RB Otte much. I don't think he played defence either. Let him come around from his ACL injury last year. He is ready to be a work horse!
Drew Seitz has had some injury problems in past years so he was put in as a defensive stud and kept out on playing little offense to protect him. Now he is ready to be a work horse week 16.

If Meier can play close to 100%, ML is going to be a hard out, even for Kirtland.
Pretty much. Otte is one of top playmakers in D6. Not an in between tackle runner but great on the outside and as a pass receiver, plus a very good punt returner and Kick returner.

While I am not saying Kirtland will win, you would be foolish to truly think they cannot.

They have the best record in Ohio since 2018…and their coach, Tiger LaVerde has the highest winning percentage in OHSAA history at over 92%…his record with Kirtland I believe is 214-18.
And to be sure I am not misunderstood, one of the reasons I wouldn’t predict a Kirtland win is because I have too much respect for MSML. Heckuva season so far this year, and a heckuva run under Goodwin.

But Kirtland has beat them before, and I am fairly sure everyone involved in the Kirtland program believes they can and will win.

It should be an incredible game, one that I will enjoy regardless of the outcome. Two mammoths of Ohio HS football. Two programs that do it with class.

And to be sure I am not misunderstood, one of the reasons I wouldn’t predict a Kirtland win is because I have too much respect for MSML. Heckuva season so far this year, and a heckuva run under Goodwin.

But Kirtland has beat them before, and I am fairly sure everyone involved in the Kirtland program believes they can and will win.

It should be an incredible game, one that I will enjoy regardless of the outcome. Two mammoths of Ohio HS football. Two programs that do it with class.
You guys don't know brians modus operandi do you. Go to the browns thread or OSU thread.

Just parked my ice covered Delorean and what a game it was. 850 yards total offense, three turnovers and a missed FG in this exciting 30-0 combined record contest . ML 49 Kirkland 28...oh, Kirkland wins the coin toss and defers.