D IV State Semi-Final: Steubenville (12-2) vs Wyoming (14-0)

Who wins?

• Steubenville

Votes: 58 43.9%
  • Wyoming

Votes: 74 56.1%

• Total voters
Looking at the roster and seeing the guys who played the majority tonight, I’d put a little money on that one…..

and don’t feed me the “we don’t rebuild, we reload” thing. This is the 1st season you’ve won a meaningful playoff game since 2017.
Looking at the roster of who played. You get just about every contributing skill player and 5 OL back.

Got to find a QB but having backs like Faulks and Minniefield should help with that transition.

I’ll stick with they win the region or at least play in the regional championship barring injuries that could effect any team.

Looking at the roster and seeing the guys who played the majority tonight, I’d put a little money on that one…..

and don’t feed me the “we don’t rebuild, we reload” thing. This is the 1st season you’ve won a meaningful playoff game since 2017.
These idiots are hilarious “1st meaningful win since 17”. Yearly 90% of teams that walk onto a field in July have zero shot to play 1 meaningful game.

The program at Steubenville allows meaningful playoff games basically a yearly tradition win or lose.

what a Dumb F@CK

What they don't understand is Big Red was in division 3 for competive balance. They were playing a division higher after having 3 straight state title appearances. This is the first year in 5 years the were back in d4 and made it this far. Trust me the will be back.

I just discovered something very interesting. Wyoming had a HIGHLY recruited dual threat QB (Prater) a couple years ago when they won the title. He had video game passing stats. Wyoming was a pass heavy team. Just 4 years ago. They have evolved into a run heavy team. Is there a different coach or the same coach who really coach’s based on the type of talent they have or am
I talking about 2 different coaches here? It’s kind of odd the same coach can go from 2 different extremes. If it is the same coach then he’s a great coach.
we had a first-team WR in 2018 (joey edmonds), and a sophomore WR that now plays WR at OSU (joop mitchell). also, i did stats for that team, and it was run first then pass, with the same OC as now.
Do we have the final stats from the game for Wyoming??

Did they throw for 350??
275y. first time since september wyo has passed for over 100y. the OC called a helluva game.

This game was everything we hoped it would be. Wyoming has a great team/program and pulled out the win.

Big Red tried to get cute several times which led to negative plays. The pressure the Wyoming D-line put on Hill didn’t allow him to set his feet and through the ball. Our O-line was run blocking extremely well and I think we had almost 300 yards rushing. Once again, we fumbled the ball in the red zone when we could have just about put the game away.

Defensively we played well against the run and held Hester to under 100 yards. Not sure how long it’s been since that happened. However, the “tackle the pass” mentality bit us AGAIN. It seems like the plan was to force Wyoming to pass to win and that is exactly what they did.

Congratulations to Wyoming on the win. Hester is probably one of, if not the, best back I’ve ever seen in person. Beat Glenville!

This game was everything we hoped it would be. Wyoming has a great team/program and pulled out the win.

Big Red tried to get cute several times which led to negative plays. The pressure the Wyoming D-line put on Hill didn’t allow him to set his feet and through the ball. Our O-line was run blocking extremely well and I think we had almost 300 yards rushing. Once again, we fumbled the ball in the red zone when we could have just about put the game away.

Defensively we played well against the run and held Hester to under 100 yards. Not sure how long it’s been since that happened. However, the “tackle the pass” mentality bit us AGAIN. It seems like the plan was to force Wyoming to pass to win and that is exactly what they did.

Congratulations to Wyoming on the win. Hester is probably one of, if not the, best back I’ve ever seen in person. Beat Glenville!
1. only time this year hester under 100y. 2. and nobody ran like that against wyo all year, including taft or massie. 3. the difference was turnovers, and wyo's OC called passing plays when hester got bottled up.

1. only time this year hester under 100y. 2. and nobody ran like that against wyo all year, including taft or massie. 3. the difference was turnovers, and wyo's OC called passing plays when hester got bottled up.
Ironically, Hester STILL scored 3 touchdowns-- but, yes, Steubenville did a good job on him (when he was in the game)... he still made some plays (some of them on pass plays) but he did not have much room to run last night.

1 term I hope to never hear again is “tackle the pass”.

we had a first-team WR in 2018 (joey edmonds), and a sophomore WR that now plays WR at OSU (joop mitchell). also, i did stats for that team, and it was run first then pass, with the same OC as now.

275y. first time since september wyo has passed for over 100y. the OC called a helluva game.
Big Red needs to stop going to Ohio State Defensive Pass Seminars. Maybe Penn State or Michigan’s.

Nice stadium but way to big for this game. Also expensive with $10 parking and $4.50 bottles of water.
Is Steubenville really closer to Columbus than than Cleveland??

I’m still shocked they didn’t play Jefferson to be honest. Would love to have been a fly on the wall in that OHSAA meeting where Ted Ginn tells OHSAA who he is playing in the playoffs. Most really have some dirt on OHSAA up there at Glenville.Plus Glenville winning is such a trendy things right now. Good Luck Wyoming!!

Looking at the roster of who played. You get just about every contributing skill player and 5 OL back.

Got to find a QB but having backs like Faulks and Minniefield should help with that transition.

I’ll stick with they win the region or at least play in the regional championship barring injuries that could effect any team.
You had 1 underclassman contribute (RB). I read on here about the WR who was garnering “interest” from D1 & don’t think he had 1 catch. So, I guess running off and on the field is your definition of contributing, then yes we can guess you have all guys back who aren’t seniors.

We can probably go back to your yearly thread posts and see the same quotes. Everyone back next year,
barring injury…..

Is Steubenville really closer to Columbus than than Cleveland??

I’m still shocked they didn’t play Jefferson to be honest. Would love to have been a fly on the wall in that OHSAA meeting where Ted Ginn tells OHSAA who he is playing in the playoffs. Most really have some dirt on OHSAA up there at Glenville.Plus Glenville winning is such a trendy things right now. Good Luck Wyoming!!
The entire state is trying to figure out how OHSAA has allowed Ginn to use the Ginn Academy that creates a "loophole" in the system. They are a D-1 team (at the least D-2). The way kids can play football for Glenville, yet not be counted towards their enrollment is actually genius..........and unfair! It will be a tall order for Wyoming (or any D-4 team) to beat them!

Nice stadium but lousy turf field. Players on both sides had numerous slips and falls.
Yea They need to decide if it’s going to be a Soccer Field or
Get the Stadium restructured to a Football Stadium. They need to
Drastically reduce parking cost and concessions. The other big problem
with Crew is there is nothing around the Stadium. Restaurants etc.

You had 1 underclassman contribute (RB). I read on here about the WR who was garnering “interest” from D1 & don’t think he had 1 catch. So, I guess running off and on the field is your definition of contributing, then yes we can guess you have all guys back who aren’t seniors.
We can probably go back to your yearly thread posts and see the same quotes. Everyone back next year,
barring injury…..
19 regional championships in 40 years. So yes it’s basically 50/50 shot to be back because of how it goes at BR.

So a closed enrollment school from an upscale Cincinnati inner ring suburb with a very non diverse enrollment beats an open enrollment team it is a survey. Wyoming is within 10 min of St X, 15 min to LaSalle and 20 minutes to Moeller yet still manages to field competitive teams. My grand nephews go there and are super excited. Having seen Glenville beat up Avon (D2region finalist) I’m guessing Glenville steamrolls Wyoming but you never know.

Ironically, Hester STILL scored 3 touchdowns-- but, yes, Steubenville did a good job on him (when he was in the game)... he still made some plays (some of them on pass plays) but he did not have much room to run last night.
He missed one series. Please don’t minimize the job Steubenville did with him. Yes we bottled him up but the first pass he caught in 11 weeks went for a TD. Wyoming OC did a fabulous job getting their playmakers in space and by being able to abort the run and win with the pass. Kudo’s for Wyoming. 1 play was the difference between winning and losing. Proud Steubenville Big Red fan signing off. As far as Glenville goes I think they saw the dangers of loading the box and I think Hester could really go off. At least I hope so. Go Cowboys beat Ginnville!!

Last edited:

barring injury…..
He also played every snap at DE! Contributed big time in stopping hester.

So a closed enrollment school from an upscale Cincinnati inner ring suburb with a very non diverse enrollment beats an open enrollment team it is a survey. Wyoming is within 10 min of St X, 15 min to LaSalle and 20 minutes to Moeller yet still manages to field competitive teams. My grand nephews go there and are super excited. Having seen Glenville beat up Avon (D2region finalist) I’m guessing Glenville steamrolls Wyoming but you neve

He missed one series. Please don’t minimize the job Steubenville did with him. Yes we bottled him up but the first pass he caught in 11 weeks went for a TD. Wyoming OC did a fabulous job getting their playmakers in space and by being able to abort the run and win with the pass. Kudo’s for Wyoming. 1 play was the difference between winning and losing. Proud Steubenville Big Red fan signing off. As far as Glenville goes I think they saw the dangers of loading the box and I think Hester could really go off. At least I hope so. Go Cowboys beat Ginnville!!
It's going to be extremely hard for any D-4 school to beat Glenville. (Which isn't actually a D-4 school. More like a D-1 or D-2 school) Hopefully OHSAA addresses it next year. Schools like Steubenville and Wyoming should get a fair chance at a championship.

The entire state is trying to figure out how OHSAA has allowed Ginn to use the Ginn Academy that creates a "loophole" in the system. They are a D-1 team (at the least D-2). The way kids can play football for Glenville, yet not be counted towards their enrollment is actually genius..........and unfair! It will be a tall order for Wyoming (or any D-4 team) to beat them!
Let me get this straight.. Glenville is Literally sending non-athletes to an academy under the ruse of helping kids to drive down Glenville enrollment to be elite in sports???

So a closed enrollment school from an upscale Cincinnati inner ring suburb with a very non diverse enrollment beats an open enrollment team it is a survey. Wyoming is within 10 min of St X, 15 min to LaSalle and 20 minutes to Moeller yet still manages to field competitive teams. My grand nephews go there and are super excited. Having seen Glenville beat up Avon (D2region finalist) I’m guessing Glenville steamrolls Wyoming but you never know.
Beat up Avon? You must have been to a different game. The game was back and forth all game long with Avon deep in Glenville territory at the end when the Tarblooders sealed the win with a goal line int. That all being said, I expect them to beat a very good Wyoming team for their first state title.