Who will Cincinnati get for head coach?

Definitely need someone that can fend off Kentucky for Ohio recruits. With OSU no longer interested, Cinci is our best representative. Some of this rests on who Fickell takes to cheeseland. I can nominate another Ohio head coach who's a decent OC to join Fickell. More importantly, he has Aliance hence Grandpa's Cheesebarn connections so, could probably double duty.

Brian Hartline or Jesse Minter are two names I've heard. Urban and Deion Sanders are others but I can't imagine either are serious candidates. Comes name interim, but will that be enough to keep recruits? Need to make a permanent hire asap so you don't lose too many guys either in the portal or just recruiting in general.

Whoever it is needs to keep the current philosophy of recruiting the 250-300 mile radius outside Cincinnati hard. Keep those kids home, use that as your base and branch outside the state for some bigger names/needs.

Brian Hartline or Jesse Minter are two names I've heard. Urban and Deion Sanders are others but I can't imagine either are serious candidates. Comes name interim, but will that be enough to keep recruits? Need to make a permanent hire asap so you don't lose too many guys either in the portal or just recruiting in general.

Whoever it is needs to keep the current philosophy of recruiting the 250-300 mile radius outside Cincinnati hard.
Keep those kids home, use that as your base and branch outside the state for some bigger names/needs.
I would think Kerry Coombs would be the best equipped to do this, although I'd want rock solid coordinators with him.

It would be a good idea for Prime to take a UC type job IMO. He'd quickly amass studs and would out talent AAC/Big XII competition for a few years en route to a major job. I don't think he can make the jump to a legitimate major job directly from Jackson State.

ESPN reporting he's the interim. WHy wouldn't he go to Wisky given the chance?
A good read here that may help.

A school like UC or Miami would be smart to hire him as their DBs coach.

Wright State basketball did the same with a local supposed "recruiter" coach and it has made an enormous difference for their recruiting IMO.
Plus it will be addition by subtraction for SWO HSs who lose their talent to him.

Better than Colorado? In no way is the UC in Cincinnati better than the UC in Boulder. They are temporarily better in football right now. That’s it.
Temporarily? They’ve been a better program from close to 15 years.

Reactions: E82
Temporarily? They’ve been a better program from close to 15 years.
You’re right, but that’s the fault of the administration at Colorado for continually whiffing on HC hires. If they ever get it right they have the resources to surpass the Bearcats. Heck, they should have took a swing at Luke…though I doubt he would have entertained the idea.