Ohio State Buckeyes 2022

Clemson lost. A few more losses and we might get into the #4 spot. I hope that doesn't happen.
I hope it happens. I would rather lose in the playoffs than win some uninteresting bowl game. To win the championship, you must be in the playoffs. I'll take it however they get in and hope for a run.

Maybe they get lucky and make a run as there are not 4-5 teams clearly better than the Buckeyes right now.
Is Michigan better than Ohio State? Apparently you don't have to be better to beat OSU. Slightly better than average might be enough.

I hope it happens. I would rather lose in the playoffs than win some uninteresting bowl game. To win the championship, you must be in the playoffs. I'll take it however they get in and hope for a run.
I just hope Michigan doesn't win the Natty.

1. Looks like the team has a culture problem (toughness)…qb is not tough; both lines as well.

2. Ryan Day has earned a pink slip? Those who think that need to have their klonopin dosage doubled. Could get fired someday…but he’s earned that at this point? C’mon…

3. Rivalry…competition…equal…peer…Michigan wins sometimes…it’s a rivalry.

4. I didn‘t attend Ohio State. Growing up in Cleveland in the 60’s/70’s…most rooted for Ohio State but it wasn’t required like it is today. I’m a fan but I have lots of connections with both schools. Want the Buckeyes to win but, hey, it’s a rivalry.
Michigan got their one last year. Two years in a row, including getting thumped at home, is unacceptable.

He's certainly not earned much praise. Get destroyed two years in a row by your rival. Get embarrassed at home by Oregon last year. Blowing out Iowa and Indiana doesn't impress anyone. At OSU you roll the ball out and get 8-9 wins. It's the one or two games against high level competition that matter.

At OSU its Beat Michigan and win the national title, when you have the brand and tradition to access the best players in the country anything else is a waste of time.

I see Ryan Day and CJ Stroud as being very similar. I think they both can put up huge numbers against inferior opponents but get beat mentally when someone can fight back with reasonable talent. The defense was terrible today and deserves most of the blame but it's tough not to look at Day and Stroud and see they shrank away in their biggest game ever.

As to Ohio State in the playoffs. Yes, they belong in the conversation. Maybe they get lucky and make a run as there are not 4-5 teams clearly better than the Buckeyes right now. Whether they like it or not, this is a down year for college football and the Buckeyes are one of those teams in the #3-#8 range.
They don't belong after that performance. It's one thing to lose, to get completely outclassed at home by your rival who provided motivation by thumping you last year is a completely different matter.

Better luck next year, Bobbo!

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …
So who are you rooting for tonight? If Notre Dame beats USC, it might open a door for OSU to back into the playoffs? Would that be like Notre Dame wins but you still lose?

Just to divert from the OSU meltdown for a sec, alot of talk about Stroud but is there a more overrated QB in America than the kid at Clemson?

I'm hoping another drink, ice cream and a USC loss comes to the rescue
I went with chocolate pie. Though a peppermint frosty from Wendy's was tempting.

I have a conflicted rooting interest with ND. When they play the smaller conference schools I root for the underdog but when they play major conference teams I tend to root for them...so go Irish.

Can't remember the last time I rooted for Notre Dame but I'm rooting for them tonight. It would be interesting for Ohio State to back in, win the first game and then get revenge on Michigan in the championship. Not as crazy a possibility as some would think.