Ryan day is johm cooper part 2

At this point, my God, give me Vrabel, Freeman, Fickel....all defensive guys. This has become an embarrassment of what that side of the ball was years ago. Obviously outgunning UM in perfect weather conditions is a non starter

At this point, my God, give me Vrabel, Freeman, Fickel....all defensive guys. This has become an embarrassment of what that side of the ball was years ago. Obviously outgunning UM in perfect weather conditions is a non starter
Ohio needs an Ohio guy who is defensive minded.

Woody, Bruce, Tressel, Meyer were all Ohio guys who were defensive minded.

Cooper (TN) and Day (NH) are, well, together on this one. :LOL:

Luke Fickell is the obvious choice the next time Ohio State goes looking for a new coach, unless Urban wants to give it one more run.

Freeman is smart enough to know not to leave Notre Dame so soon. If he can be the one to break the 34+ year title drought, he would be a legend at the school and in college football forever. Plus he is a young man in his 30s. He can have a long, successful run at Notre Dame and still have Ohio State there in the future if he really wants to go back.

Vrabel is one of the more successful NFL head coaches and appears to be beloved by his Titans players. He’d be crazy to leave that behind for Ohio State, and frankly OSU shouldn’t waste their time trying.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …

? Sadly, Coop only beat UM 2 times.
Holtz beat Michigan 5 times and tied once during his ND tenure, so guessing that’s what was meant: ND was beating Michigan during the Holtz years even though Holtz lost to OSU and Cooper couldn’t beat Michigan.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …

I don't want another 9 - 3 Earle. Was Saban an Alabama guy? Hard to find good H.C.'s they are not a dime dz. If Day falls short again next year vs SCUM. I would make Vrable an offer he could not refuse otherwise bring Meyer back, warts and all.

I don't want another 9 - 3 Earle. Was Saban an Alabama guy? Hard to find good H.C.'s they are not a dime dz. If Day falls short again next year vs SCUM. I would make Vrable an offer he could not refuse otherwise bring Meyer back, warts and all.
But there is some truth. I get given his record at this point it would be difficult to let him go, but I also know where this will end. I like defensive minded coaches. I can tell you right now Day will not improve. There has been a steady demise since Meyer left. Attention to detail drops, motivation drops, toughness drops. Day does not know how to implement those things on a whole. Those issues are noise to him as he is super focused on his passing schemes. He is not a HC and is an NFL passing game coordinator at best.

OSU out guns every opponent on their schedule including UM by a lot. The only team with more overall talent would be Georgia and MAYBE Alabama.

OSU does not want the 90's all over again, they were fortunate to get Tressel (and that he turned out to be a good HC) as other big names turned down OSU. At that time after Bruce, and Cooper it was not thought of as a great job.

If OSU does back into the playoff and there’s a rematch with UM, would they fire Day if he got blown out a third straight time?