Division I State Championship: St. Edward (14-1) vs Springfield (13-1)

Who wins?

• St. Edward by 17+

Votes: 24 13.0%
  • St. Edward by 8-16

Votes: 73 39.5%
  • St. Edward by 1-7

Votes: 29 15.7%
  • Springfield by 1-7

Votes: 45 24.3%
  • Springfield by 8-16

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • Springfield by 17+

Votes: 8 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're an idiot! Refs were from Columbus and the Moeller play calling shot themselves in the foot. He!!, sloppy SHS special teams play also kept Moeller in the game.
Lol and Piqua isn’t in the gwoc and hasn’t been for years

The 2022 SHS QB is more accurate than last year's QB. The SHS defense much stronger against the run than a year ago. This rematch will be closer.
Statistically they're not stronger against the run this year. Last year they gave up 84 yards a game, this year it's 107. Tonight against Moe, they gave up 245 yards rushing, last year it was 225. The D has certainly improved since losing to Fairmont, but IMHO it's still not as good as last year.

3rd drive up I-71 in last year. The first was a tough loss, the second a washout (St. Ignatius), here's hoping 3rd time is a charm. It'll be a tall order, but that's why they play the game.

GO CATS!!!!!!!

Last edited:
1669456850502.png

Statistically they're not stronger against the run this year. Last year they gave up 84 yards a game, this year it's 107. Tonight against Moe, they gave up 245 yards rushing, last year it was 225. The D has certainly improved since losing to Fairmont, but IMHO it's still not as good as last year.

3rd drive up I-71 in last year. The first was a tough loss, the second a washout (St. Ignatius), here's hoping 3rd time is a charm. It'll be a tall order, but that's why they play the game.

GO CATS!!!!!!!
I agree - last year's Cats DL was stout. I am not sure if Springfield can stop their run - only thought Moe got it trouble trying to run outside due to Cats speed. If St. Ed stays between the tackles, it will be hard to stop. Cats can try to outscore them, and thought they made some good adjustments in the 2nd half against Moe to put the ball in Brown's hands (he is fast!). It should be an entertaining game - run vs. pass offenses.
Weather looks pretty good so far so that will help the Cats.

I love yhe "Springfield can outscore them" posts. Obviously these people have not watched Eds this year, their ball and their crazy good defense, let alone watching that in person. It hurts my heart that our rival is now the football power we used to be, but, facts are facts

I love yhe "Springfield can outscore them" posts. Obviously these people have not watched Eds this year, their ball and their crazy good defense, let alone watching that in person. It hurts my heart that our rival is now the football power we used to be, but, facts are facts
We heard all of that about Moeller, who held St Edward to 2 FGs. Have you watched Springfield?

I watched Moeller and Eds in person, there is not even a comparison. I understand the score when they played, transitive properties usually are meaningless.

I understand one of the best lines I have ever seen in 40 years and controlling team

I watched Moeller and Eds in person, there is not even a comparison. I understand the score when they played, transitive properties usually are meaningless.

I understand one of the best lines I have ever seen in 40 years and controlling team
So you never saw Springfield in person then. You're in for a shock. I hope you come to the game next week to see for yourself.

Pretty one dimensional it’s gonna hurt sometime which will be in the title game💯
We heard this slop repeatedly last week, i.e., Moeller's O line is invincible, their run game is unstoppable, a running clock will start, a Moeller-St. Eds championship game is inevitable, yada yada. All a bunch of crap by trolls who can't stand and accept the reality of their new normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.