World Cup 2022

WTF Germany?!? So the two sides the USMNT struggled with in their last friendlies both beat WC powerhouses?

Really wanted Canada to get a result today. They were so impressive in that first half.

They play with a level of flair and "sin miedo" that the US could really take notes from.

Still optimistic that they can get out of their group.

I agree, even in a losing effort, Canada was impressive. Having a 1-0 loss to the 2nd ranked team in the world is an implication of how good they've gotten.

Something tells me we can pull it off against England. Seeing how the underdogs have done so well so far this tournament, if we pull this off the team will be riding high in the knockout stage.

Iran’s win over Wales makes it a pretty simple picture for the US:

Beat Iran and advance. Don’t beat Iran and go home.

A draw would be helpful vs. England, but it’s unlikely to be necessary unless Wales stuns England.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …

rooting for a tie and having it go your way for about 100 minutes and then watch it all slip away because of a bad clear....

Iran winning is better than a Wales win for the US.

Iran’s win over Wales makes it a pretty simple picture for the US:

Beat Iran and advance. Don’t beat Iran and go home.

A draw would be helpful vs. England, but it’s unlikely to be necessary unless Wales stuns England.

England 4-0 vs USA

England having their way at this early point, they have held the ball for 2/3 of the time and US cannot link any passes.

Outside of that wicked shot by England at the 45 mark a much better final 20 or so minutes by the USA.

draw means the US control their own destiny. That is all one could of asked for after the Wales match. Still, zero (non-penalty) goals allowed....

Get it done, move on.

What a waste of time. Reminds us why we don't watch soccer when a 0-0 tie is celebrated.

About 20 of us watched.....2 soccer nerds were happy but us normal folk...yea, ain't wasting my time again.

I’ll never get that 2 hours back. They just asked a dude if he was disappointed that they couldn’t win on possible chances throughout the game. His rough response was such that he wasn’t really disappointed. Lol. Congrats on 0-0, I guess? 🤷‍♂️

God dam, soccer sucks. I’m sorry, I respect the athleticism, coordination and conditioning it takes to play, but everyone spent 2 hours watching them kick a ball up and down the field.

God dam, soccer sucks. I’m sorry, I respect the athleticism, coordination and conditioning it takes to play, but everyone spent 2 hours watching them kick a ball up and down the field.
I played a little soccer in high school and one year in college…it can be very boring to watch but it’s a lot of fun to play.

With that said, I always enjoy the World Cup. Can’t watch MLS.

I played a little soccer in high school and one year in college…it can be very boring to watch but it’s a lot of fun to play.

I am the same way. Cannot get into club soccer but like the stuff when you wear the colors of your country.

That being said the USA looked a lot better today. Kind of worried that they need a W and Iran only needs a tie, they can just pack it in. it’s not like USA has a dynamic offense either.

I am the same way. Cannot get into club soccer but like the stuff when you wear the colors of your country.

That being said the USA looked a lot better today. Kind of worried that they need a W and Iran only needs a tie, they can just pack it in. it’s not like USA has a dynamic offense either.
Yeah, they need a shutout against Iran

If it's such a great sport it shouldn't matter what level....you should enjoy to watch.

It was an ok game. US’ tactics were straight MLS. Not enough pushing forward too much passing out of or around the back. Doesn’t make for the most entertaining style

It was an ok game. US’ tactics were straight MLS. Not enough pushing forward too much passing out of or around the back. Doesn’t make for the most entertaining style
The tactic at the end is inexplicable. Play the free kick short to run out the time instead of into the box for a shot or penalty?

Its like taking a knee in a tie game instead of kicking the fg because you are worried about a block.

Of the 21 matches completed so far, there have been five scoreless draws and two other 1-1 draws. It’s impossible to take this stuff seriously when nearly a quarter of the contests have no scoring and a third end in a draw.

The US team has played 180 minutes plus stoppage time and has a single goal to show for all of it.

The performance was much more important than the result for the USA.

We could've lost 3-0 yesterday and still would've been able to advance with a 1-0 win over Iran (as long as Wales doesn't beat England).

We played mistake-free in defense and the midfield was stellar for large portions of the match. A lot of players should be able to go into the Iran match full of confidence.

Like others have mentioned, I worry about our ability to break down Iran and score.

2 shots on target through 2 matches does not give me much hope.

Pulisic seems like the only one capable of creating/finishing genuine chances.

Not a good tournament for CONCACAF so far, would not be shocked if none of the teams moved on from the group stage.

Not a good tournament for CONCACAF so far, would not be shocked if none of the teams moved on from the group stage.

A lot can turn around over these next few days since only Canada has been eliminated from contention.

Canada also had the two toughest opening matches of arguably any team in the tournament so it's hard to be too disappointed by their results.

With that being said, US drawing against Wales and Mexico drawing against Poland were both disappointing results.

Some dude ran on to the pitch in the middle of the 2nd half of Portugal v Uruguay with a rainbow flag. I am guessing the near future of his life will not be very pleasant...

pride_flag-sixteen_nine.jpg

Highlights are watchable. Some of attempts on goal are amazing. The rest? They complain about the inaction in football? How is running up and down a large grass field any more full of "action?"