Dublin Coffman 2022

Green bean casserole is OG, but I have to make a plug for Blueberry Pie.
Blueberry pie is great no doubt , but it’s more 4th of July or Memorial Day on the deck after grilling like pie . Holiday season it’s all about Pumpkin Apple and cherry ( pecan ) for me

Last edited:
Getting hungry as we picked up a few pies and rolls from Der Dutchman that will go on the plane with us . So with food on the mind I’m going to list my preferred
“ Elite Eight “ sides on T-day . Of course depending where you are eating there is sometimes speciality items to that house , but if you only had 8 sides on the table which would you choose ? And what three pies are a must ?

Sides
1). Mashed potatoes- regular creamy , but garlic is ok

2) Cornbread stuffing (. Sausage a close second )

3) Green bean casserole

4) Buttermilk dinner rolls

5) butternut squash

6). Roasted carrots with thyme

7 ) roasted Brussels sprouts ( bacon included . Bogey inn had an awesome roasted BS app)

8 corn old fashioned with some butter

Pies

1. Pumpkin. ( with cool whip )

2. Apple ( Al a mode )

3. Cherry. Pecan a razor close 4th
gosh they let you bring pies on the plane to eat now a days........ heck i was just glad to get some peanuts.....

Getting hungry as we picked up a few pies and rolls from Der Dutchman that will go on the plane with us . So with food on the mind I’m going to list my preferred
“ Elite Eight “ sides on T-day . Of course depending where you are eating there is sometimes speciality items to that house , but if you only had 8 sides on the table which would you choose ? And what three pies are a must ?

Sides
1). Mashed potatoes- regular creamy , but garlic is ok

2) Cornbread stuffing (. Sausage a close second )

3) Green bean casserole

4) Buttermilk dinner rolls

5) butternut squash

6). Roasted carrots with thyme

7 ) roasted Brussels sprouts ( bacon included . Bogey inn had an awesome roasted BS app)

8 corn old fashioned with some butter

Pies

1. Pumpkin. ( with cool whip )

2. Apple ( Al a mode )

3. Cherry. Pecan a razor close 4th
reading this as i'm eating a bowl of cheerios.......

Nice win on the UNDER 45 in the Miami Game(. 18-17) as the totals remain hot .
Think the Michigan offense will want to try to plsy deliberate and keep the pace of the game slower and the Under may be something to take a longer look at .

Nice win on the UNDER 45 in the Miami Game(. 18-17) as the totals remain hot .
Think the Michigan offense will want to try to plsy deliberate and keep the pace of the game slower and the Under may be something to take a longer look at .
Really going out on a limb there Hair. Michigan has played deliberate all season long. Cannot see them changing there style of play for the biggest game of the season lol 🤡

Really going out on a limb there Hair. Michigan has played deliberate all season long. Cannot see them changing there style of play for the biggest game of the season lol 🤡
Didn’t say it was a change of strategy and I have watched Michigan multiple times but I do think it may be even more deliberate if Corium is out . I think OSU May be a bit more conservative themselves in the second half if they have the lead . Game pace overall in the last 6-7 games in this series has been fairly fast. Michigan does play slower with their run identity which is stronger the last two years , more what Harbaugh did at Stanford (. And SF at the NFL level )

Saturday

SMU - 4.5 [ml - 185 } Memphis- Not all that comfortable with laying many points with this SMU defensive unit, but the best unit on the field will be the SMU offense and at home off of an incredibly soft and embarrassing performance in New Orleans vs. Tulane [Gave up almost 60} and they will at least tackle people in this one. Memphis comes in 0-4 ATS in their last 4 vs teams with winning records, and 1-7 ATS off of an ATS win. SMU steps up at home the last 6 going 5-1 ATS at home vs. opponents with a winning record. SMU defense is weak, but its offense is legit, will play better off of a subpar performance [We won this total vs Tulane comfortably as the game went into the 80's } and their defense will play with pride at home. TD plus win ? Money line is almost at 2-1 but a parlay with a similar sized fav may be an alternative.

nope the way to beat the Buckeyes is to keep them off the field, the Bucks have to stop the run, and don't let a average QB beat them

Texas line moved to 10 ( from 8.5 ) got them in a teaser with FSU over Florida ( Colorado State -7 teaser leg ).

Arizona is going in a different direction than rival Arizona State . Offense is pretty legit at this point . Laying 4 or ML with FSU offers some value

Texas line moved to 10 ( from 8.5 ) got them in a teaser with FSU over Florida ( Colorado State -7 teaser leg ).

Arizona is going in a different direction than rival Arizona State . Offense is pretty legit at this point . Laying 4 or ML with FSU offers some value
O/U for the Duel in the Desert is 65.5 I see. Might be a safe over. Weird things are known to happen in that rivalry.

Arkansas - Missouri - Under 56 Ark defense is coming on. Mizziou metrics are all to the under . Their pass defense and overall defense has been holding teams under their averages . Ark held LSU to 13 two weeks ago . Missouri playing at home for bowl eligibility will play really hard . Game in the 20’s .?

Buffalo not looking like a strong SB contender lately . Detroit has improved and their OVER season win total looks better but Buffalo has some things to figure out going forward . Minnesota came in for us but got every bit of home cooking from the refs no doubt . Patriots finally play good offensively and still lose because of dive bad mental errors and the worst of it from the officials . Trend was very strong concerning NFL teams covering the next game after being embarrassed (. 30 plus point loss at over 70 percent ) and the line was right at 2.5 .

Really bad beat for those taking the Cowboys who miss the FG and then give up the late meaningless TD . UNDER players also got jobbed a bit .

Giants banged up secondary had a tough night . Cowboys are legit contenders especially if they add another offensive piece (. OBJ ?). All games provided drama for bettors until the end .

ST. Ed’s -24 Gahanna -
ED’s is at a different level than Gahanna . They were at a different level from Iggy and Mentor . Gahanna was the best of CO in a down year in the region . Next year could and should be stronger . Line is pretty sharp . I think Gahanna needs to raise their level from last week . I think they will and hopefully it keeps it respectable .

SE. 31. Gahanna 10

Moeller - 8. Springfield -
Springfield has a chance because of QB is really good . They as always have speed and talent . It would have been a rebuild without the transfer QB . Big Moe should win and this line is also really sharp . Backdoor open ? Close call.

Big Moe 23. Springfield 14

Lane Kiffin says he’s staying out at Ole Miss ? Or indicated that ? Hmm. Heard this before . Ole Miss win enough games to go over season win totals for us but stumbled some no doubt including getting beaten soundly by Arkansas last week for us and grabbing a few points with Miss State also got there for us . Kiffin is a good coach but he gets restless pretty easily . Auburn May be ready to offer him a significant deal and control to try to end Sabans reign in Alabama . Lane’s team was clearly a bit distracted but almost cane back late to tie . Fortunately they missed the 2 pt try..

Texas came back to win , a few others not so good for us so far . Opposing WBs back ups and all completing every pass . Hopefully it changes in the second half .
I take Massillon this time of year hoping they finally get over the hump to quiet the trolling of that program

Hoban -6. Massillon -

Massillon 23 Hoban 22. Go Tigers

Toledo Central Catholic-17. Kings

Kings defense is leaky but they can score . Should be high scoring with weather relatively good . Very good line. I had it 16. . The Gahanna line at 23 and the Moeller line at 8 which is where DP had it . The Massillon Hoban line I had at Hoban 3 . No real edge on the line really . But I’ll pick a side

TCC. 41. Kings 22 .

NC State QB 3 lighting it up and UNC QB a potential first round guy in 2024 is horrid averaging 3 yards an attempt . Oh well . ASU QB is completing every pass and on pace for about 375 yards and Arizona is using pylons and blocking dummies instead of people on defense Great 😊.

Last edited:
Arizona ahead but has a ton of unsportsmanlike penalties along with making QB look like Springfield’s last week vs Liberty ( completing every pass ). Up 11 and driving inside the 10
and nothing . Giving the great ASU QB life and voila another TD .

Congrats to the state finalists , and Springfield’s QB did it again and has been the man . Thought Big Moe defense would be better . Gahanna SE as I thought landed right near or on the number of 24.so a push . Massillon I just wanted to win , Hoban was always the fright side probably and Massillon usually just gets gashed eventually at this time of year . Didn’t know anything about Kings except itveitjd probably be high scoring . It was . Thought may be TCC defense was better than that . Last several years I’ve been 58-62 percent consistently vs the Pasteur number . Got to 61 but have fallen back to 58 percent the last couple weeks . One week left .

USC at + 600 to make the CFB playoff is now +200 as that win vs UCLA was huge of course as the Bruins QB had a few terrible unforced errors after playing clean most of the year . Feel good holding that ticket but ND getting 6 early was a good value but something may be in the air here at USC .
OSU Mich has gone over 8? Straight times most of them with Michigan trying to play spread and tempo . That’s over and last year the Bucs got gashed badly by the run . Shouldn’t happen this year .

A couple friends heading to the UK Louisville game as usual and it looks to be a hard fought lower scoring tilt with defenses being better than offenses on birth teams and Louisville QB is banged up .Have to think UK finds a way laying a shot number but that offense is terrible . Can’t take the Cards though . UK is battle tested.

Iowa State plays defense . They are a boring pedestrian offense but catching 10.5 vs a TCU team who wins by scant margins weekly often catching some nice in game breaks . 10.5 seems a tad high .

Wisconsin just having to stop the run like Iowa did last week vs. Minnesota laying 3 at home is a play . Mertz isn’t good after all these years but is better than Minn QB-2.

Totals have been good the last month . Very good . Look UNDER first mostly but some teams playing tempo vs. each other offers some OVER opportunities.

Hawaii has been very good to us covering spreads this year and we went against them early . Timmy Chang’s offense with so many new guys after being gutted by the transfer portal is clicking . Their defense is still athlete shy . 58 is fair . OVER in this matchup with San Jose St.

Another one with lack of tight defense and fast paced offense. GA Southern - App State over 62 which is a touch higher than I would like but if the teams finish drives reasonably well ? 35-31 or like seems likely.

Houston - Tulsa . Number is high at 67. It’s that way for a reason . Houston plays poor defense and tries to outscore you . Tulsa should score and play faster . 41-31 ?

Going against Purdue as a favorite ( fragile favorite is the term and grabbing points wen they are getting them has been profitable . Indiana has little to play for and we will cash their season UNDER win total but getting 10.5 in the game in Bloomington for the old oaken bucket offers some value .

Two ugly dogs I’m looking at include. GA Tech getting five Td’s and the hook (35.5). And Vandy grabbing 14 vs. Tennessee who lost their chance at the playoff and the player that makes them go in QB Hooker. Vandy has momentum and can score some .
Teaser legs which helped last night a bit include Texas Tech + 2 vs Oklahoma ( + over a TD ) Coastal Carolina up to + 21 at James Madison. And Oregon State teased up over a TD in their Civil War gave vs Oregon . Wash St also up over that 7 mark as a dog in the Apple Cup game vs Washington as well .

Some out here have played the totals here , and sine get the better number early. Got some better numbers than I’ve listed here earlier in the week but some still are ok closer to these numbers .

Two Unders that look good thst are close to the current numbers

ODU - So Alabama. Under 48.5 (. Now 47.5 ).
And

Middle Tenn State - Florida INT under 55.5 . It hasn’t moved much .

Coastal not looking great but GA State grabbing 6.5 ok in that conference vs. Marshall .( GA State playing close the last month and again today )) OSU playing great vs. the run but giving up those two TD’s is inexcusable . Horrific . Michigan having 17 points is almost comical the way they have looked snap for snap .

GA Tech showing pride so far . OSU needs to make Michigan earn their scores . Period . Should be up 10 minimum

What a total disaster . Only down 4 but playing a crappy game . 88 should lose his scholly . Why stop the run if you are
Lgoing to give up huge plays for scores ? Yes. They deserve to lose . May be they won’t

Last edited:
Do not go for it on 4th and four because you’re scared of the mighty Mr McCarthy but they give up a 16 play drive . Ridiculous . I have zero on this game and it disgusts me. Awful performance

OSU needs to get Fickell back and send Day to the NFL with Knowles right behind him. One of the worst OSU losses ever. Day teams are not physical enough and react poorly to getting punched in the mouth. Day will never sniff a national title or beat Michigan again here.

Don’t think they got out physical ( ed) or out toughed but did get out coached , out disciplined and they made some poor coaching decisions : Embarrassing : but they were tough enough today . Lost in a completely different way this year .

Underdogs doing well in these games . Clemson with that offense laying 14.5 at open was absurd . SC played out of their mind last week so many thought that Clemson was the play . Not even close . Rattler was feeling it last week and he is better than DJ for Clemson . Easy take .

Clemson was a fraud most of the year. Biggest games ND and the in state rival game ? Eggs . Look to play against again in the bowl game .

The college football season is a long 13-week season and it is a great sport. You could see the crowds and the passion this week in rivalry week and some really good games comebacks and even some eggs laid as always. For me it is the end of a 4-month grind which is great, love the college football season, the pre-season the futures the making of power ratings , the early adjustments and on the one hand it passes too quickly on the other hand , it's a good thing and just time to finish. A few tough weeks and few really strong weeks, and the other say 8 weeks you look to win more than you lose and grind out a profit. That has happened after a nice stretch that ended last week and the regular season is done and it's a good thing. This phase of the CFB season is actually a different season altogether. Like the HS regular season is a different season from the play-off season.

The CBB regular season is different than the post season, " March Madness" etc. [NFL Post-season}. They are different handicaps and I separate them. CFB Reg. season is done. Pretty consistent year from many others, a few rougher weeks a few really strong weeks and wining a bit more than losing in a handful of weeks = a nice season. And it's now done and as always CBB takes a bigger priority, and the NFL season still has the stretch run. Quasi play-off games for many. New England lost their quasi-play-off game which was good for us as Minnesota was an obvious play at home off of a terrible blowout the week before, but the Patriots easily could have won the game and got the worse of it from the refs. These type of games will be featured the rest of the way through early January.

CFB is great but still archaic in a way. Only 4 teams get to play for a title? A real title? Not a Rose Bowl 'Championship or a Sugar bowl trophy they hoist over their heads as if it means much really. Winning is always better than losing of course is a tough sport like football especially, but it's well past the time to have a 8 or 12 team play-offs. OSU is usually judged at the end of the day from their 'worst" performance which of course wasn't a random night in West Lafeyette , or afternoon in Iowa City. It was in front of the whole college football world from 1210 to 4 O'clock Eastern time. They showed their talent, they showed their toughness at times and sold out to stop the run which they did spectacularly in the first half. They also gave up inexplicable big plays to take a tiny 3 point lead to the break. Then they gave up another few 'Big " plays that kept them from getting any control of the game, and they played nervous and scared the rest of the way. Dumb undisciplined penalties, the coaches coached scared, the player took their lead and basically more resembled nervous cats than confident alpha dogs. Those dogs were Michigan players who say they sensed this nervousness and lack of self confidence, a weakness that they could take advantage of.

It was as deflating a feeling as you could possibly have. Then the exclamation point was two runs totally 160 yards in total that was akin to a hoop team dunking on your sorry arse for the last 5 minutes of a game to not only push the final score out but a kind of mocking that reduces you to head down sighs of defeat. You shuffle off the field hanging your head adn no fan or coach bothers to bellow, '" Keep you head up" because they know it's too late for that. They are also culpable for the disaster.

Last year was a physical beating , death by soul crushing runs right at them and there wasn't much they could do about it. That wasn't the case this year , but they found another way to get out toughed, but this time it was more mental and a lack of a certain discipline in technique and attitude. Frustration that the game was slipping away, and a certain uncertainty in themselves, which even manifested itself in Day's decision to not go for a 4th and 5 after they started 1st and 35. They gained about 20 yards of field position because they didn't executed downing the punt inside the 10. This is now part of Day's initial legacy. Michigan goes back to Harbaugh's roots of a run and toughness identity and Day's high faulting, flyboys aren't running by them and beating them playing a similar modern spread game with his athletes simply being better.

OSU still has better athletes and more guys who will likely get that second contract at the NFL level, BUT it is now negated by a physical toughness that morphs into a mental edge that the Bucs can't match. This being said, a full blitz that results in a smart throw out on the sideline that should have gone for a first down going for a long score because the corner can't tackle, and there is no one else in good position to help isn't about toughness. A safety knowing, he had no help in the middle of the field getting completely spun around like a top by a pretty benign outside move giving up an easy long TD is flat out embarrassing but doesn't denote a lack of toughness. Two long runs by RB-2 who was being hailed as a war hero for playing with a sore hand added a rude insult to the injured psyche of Buc players and fans alike. A feeling of i can't believe I am watching this feeling. That was never Michigan all year but in the biggest game with their opponent taking away the run , they got everything they needed by simply making humongous, long TD plays as if they were playing UCONN early in the season.

New normal is giving up 40 plus to Michigan no matter what , playing scared, nervous and not to lose and inevitably losing to a less talented but more confident team that does what it takes to win. Harbaugh took a bit longer to build this version of Michigan than most thought and some thought it would never happen but it's here and now it's up to Ohio State to figure out how to better deal with it. Knowles did a great job helping improve the defense this season, no doubt about it. But his season's akin to a student improving his study habits and his grades from one semester to the next, but he failed the final because he studies the wrong things, didn't pay attention to some important things that he needed to know in the final exam. It just didn't show until the final in all its nervousness and importance.

I mean the Buckeyes couldn't even play well enough and finish the game well enough to make a case for their inclusion in the final four if some things break right. That went out the window right after Congressional medal of honor winner Edwards with a boo boo on his hand rumbled for a thousand yards with only a finger nail touching him as if this was Rice or FIU. Now it's time for the increasingly familiar , 'Well most programs would love to go to the Rose bowl talk as the disappointed fans look forward to beating a PAC-12 team they are better than but not as excited to be there. Rinse and repeat , until we get an 8 team or more play-off.

Had Tampa Bay - 3 over Cleveland earlier. Teaser leg San Francisco who have bene reliable in this role , with the Jets who were laying 6 to the Bears.with Fields a big question , but he shouldn't be playing and the line is as if he isn't. Jets will be better with a different QB [White} today and the defense which is solid should do well here especially if Fields isn't going.

Commandors laying 4 to almost anyone is a scary thought , even as well as they are playing with the Green Hornet at QB. ML with another team even a bigger favorite may be another option. Rainy there all day with the Falcons run game fairly strong, but Wash should take care of business . GB I think plays well tonight and may be a good teaser leg , or straight.

Got UNDER 45.5 early in the JAX- Baltimore game it's dropped a point and half to 2 points.