D7 R25 2022

It's nice to see dnis30 fully recovered from that nasty hangover and back in the saddle.
I'm really hoping JFK can represent R25 and come out of this with a strong win and momentum. I'll admit, though, that I expected bigger wins from them so far, and I'm wondering if R25 has better talent than I realized. Or am I expecting too much from JFK this year?

It's nice to see dnis30 fully recovered from that nasty hangover and back in the saddle.
I'm really hoping JFK can represent R25 and come out of this with a strong win and momentum. I'll admit, though, that I expected bigger wins from them so far, and I'm wondering if R25 has better talent than I realized. Or am I expecting too much from JFK this year?
I'm back, babyyyyy!!!!

Maybe both. I wouldn't compare this team to any of their state championship teams, but their defense is pretty-dern good. Some teams were better than I expected them to be. Honestly, their defense might be good enough to get them another ring in a couple 14-0 type games. I'd be working on executing home-run plays and trick plays for when they gotta have a touchdown. Or maybe their defense will score more points than the offense and it will be enough. Come on, Eagles!!

Who would you trade from R25 thread to the MAC thread and why?
And what is the return?

(you can’t say HTB for all of them. But I get it from a value prospective)

It's okay to trade me. The best ability is availability, and I am not always available. And even when I'm available, sometimes I'm on'ry or manic. I think you can trade me straight up for Tha Voice, my stock can only go down. Just don't talk about it and then miss the deadline like the Browns.

Ben Stiller Awww GIF

Instead of trading people, we shouldn’t let new members in. Let them get seasoned in the minor league threads. When they get upgraded to a member we will accept them.

I don't think you're expecting too much from them.

In this division, fundamental defense wins. Too many teams do not play defense. Or, they play defense terribly.

In Divisions V-VII, you can draw a simple delineation of "Not Bad" and "Bad." You can apply it to every region. There's not many teams that fit in a middle ground between the two.

For Region 25, there are four who are "not b": JFK, Lucas, Danville and Springfield. It hurts my heart that NSP isn't that list, because they have the right ideas and right philosophy. But they just aren't there.

Region 26 probably has the most "not b" teams. LCC, Antwerp (although the jury is/kinda was out on them), Calvert, DSJ, McComb, Arlington and I would even say Mohawk (even though they didn't qualify in) are all in the former category.

I think Kennedy would be capable of winning 26 and 27. 28... maybe. The weird variations in weather that have played out over the last couple weeks, and this coming weekend, it'd just depend on what Saturday they would draw NB honestly. Kennedy could beat NB, but I'd be more comfortable in the 'K' in weird conditions than I would in normal, picture-perfect weather. JMO.

I don't think you're expecting too much from them.

In this division, fundamental defense wins. Too many teams do not play defense. Or, they play defense terribly.

In Divisions V-VII, you can draw a simple delineation of "Not Bad" and "Bad." You can apply it to every region. There's not many teams that fit in a middle ground between the two.

For Region 25, there are four who are "not b": JFK, Lucas, Danville and Springfield. It hurts my heart that NSP isn't that list, because they have the right ideas and right philosophy. But they just aren't there.

Region 26 probably has the most "not b" teams. LCC, Antwerp (although the jury is/kinda was out on them), Calvert, DSJ, McComb, Arlington and I would even say Mohawk (even though they didn't qualify in) are all in the former category.

I think Kennedy would be capable of winning 26 and 27. 28... maybe. The weird variations in weather that have played out over the last couple weeks, and this coming weekend, it'd just depend on what Saturday they would draw NB honestly. Kennedy could beat NB, but I'd be more comfortable in the 'K' in weird conditions than I would in normal, picture-perfect weather. JMO.
Completely agree with you.

This year I think JFK has a team that very well can/could win it all. That being said, my outlook is - JFK defense is good, the front seven can go toe to toe with any out there. Have to play smart in the secondary, and give help where needed, I think they have done better in man than zone, but I am just an internet hindsight coach. I think last week will be on their mind and the seniors in that front 7 come in with a something to prove. On offense, it all depends which JFK team you get, the Perkins O or the Danville O. Personally I feel they have made games closer than they need to be due to scheme, but who am I to argue with 3 Regional Championships and the history they have. I'd love to see the kids get the ball in space with the defense spread out rather than having 10 in the box, I think they have the talent to be something special. Regardless, I think its a tight one. I hope to see JFK win and advance.

I work with a guy who is from Steubenville and his son graduated from SCC. He told me a few years ago that the administration wanted to lessen the emphasis on sports. You can tell, that is when they went downhill. Not sure if it's still the case but they are not good at all. They were very tough and physical. Its a shame to see them this down.
Depends on the sport. Boys Soccer team has been a consistent winner for years. Girls' basketball won 18 games last year and the OVAC title in their division. They've had a consistent run of winning seasons. Track program typically gets some kids to the state tournament.

Football team under Daley was at about 20 plus kids in 2018. The '17 and '18 Crusader teams would likely played in the R25 Regional Final. Got bumped up to DVI due to CB.

Last coach put the program back years. Current coach Meek was a solid choice IMO Won a WV State title at Weir high. Beat Catholic in the state playoffs as a Wellsville coach in 2001. Won a playoff game for Toronto. The Saints (Jr. High) program came back this season after being dormant for years. We are never gonna get the steel worker kids. The mills are gone. With OE more choice for parents who may have sent their kid to Catholic Central over the public school in their home district in the past.

Depends on the sport. Boys Soccer team has been a consistent winner for years. Girls' basketball won 18 games last year and the OVAC title in their division. They've had a consistent run of winning seasons. Track program typically gets some kids to the state tournament.

Football team under Daley was at about 20 plus kids in 2018. The '17 and '18 Crusader teams would likely played in the R25 Regional Final. Got bumped up to DVI due to CB.

Last coach put the program back years. Current coach Meek was a solid choice IMO Won a WV State title at Weir high. Beat Catholic in the state playoffs as a Wellsville coach in 2001. Won a playoff game for Toronto. The Saints (Jr. High) program came back this season after being dormant for years. We are never gonna get the steel worker kids. The mills are gone. With OE more choice for parents who may have sent their kid to Catholic Central over the public school in their home district in the past.
Are we correct to presume the Franciscan U crowd is kinda useless toward the effort of "competitive sports"?

Are we correct to presume the Franciscan U crowd is kinda useless toward the effort of "competitive sports"?
No. They play a part in soccer, swimming, track and basketball.

Our OVAC champion/state participant wrestler from a few years ago was from a charismatic family. I went to SCC and Steubie U with his aunt and uncles. He was all-conference in soccer at Franciscan. Our OVAC champion/state participate in wrestling (1982) my freshman year was also from a chiasmatic family.

Better to say they don't have an impact on football.

No. They play a part in soccer, swimming, track and basketball.

Our OVAC champion/state participant wrestler from a few years ago was from a charismatic family. I went to SCC and Steubie U with his aunt and uncles. He was all-conference in soccer at Franciscan.

Better to say they don't have an impact on football.
Wouldn't be the first time I put my foot in my mouth...

Wouldn't be the first time I put my foot in my mouth...
I think people don't realize that charismatic folks can be into sports.

When I went to Steubie I worked in the cafeteria for SWOP money. Made friends with a brother and sister from the Cleveland area. Big Browns fans (Like me) during the Kosar/Dawgs Era. We'd talk Browns when I saw them in line after Mass on Sundays during football season.
I worked with someone whose grandson wrestled for Steubenville. Our kid pinned his a** to win the OVAC Title on WTOV. You better believe I busted balls about her grandson losing to a Frannie. About two weeks later they met up in another tournament. Our kid pinned her grandson again.
I played (badly .166 BA) club baseball for Franciscan. Our charismatic catcher played A Ball in the Baltimore Orioles organization. In one game he threw a rope to 2nd base to get a guy trying to steal. From his knees.

Almost forgot out 2x OVAC wrestling Champ who placed 3d in state junior year and state champ his senior year. Played for football and baseball teams also. Pretty good in football. Went on to play football at Iowa State and later the Arena League. Dad was a prof at Steubie U. Big in the Knights. Believe they were charismatic also.

Last edited:
I think people don't realize that charismatic folks can be into sports.

When I went to Steubie I worked in the cafeteria for SWOP money. Made friends with a brother and sister from the Cleveland area. Big Browns fans (Like me) during the Kosar/Dawgs Era. We'd talk Browns when I saw them in line after Mass on Sundays during football season.
I worked with someone whose grandson wrestled for Steubenville. Our kid pinned his a** to win the OVAC Title on WTOV. You better believe I busted balls about her grandson losing to a Frannie. About two weeks later they met up in another tournament. Our kid pinned her grandson again.
I played (badly .166 BA) club baseball for Franciscan. Our charismatic catcher played A Ball in the Baltimore Orioles organization. In one game he threw a rope to 2nd base to get a guy trying to steal. From his knees.

Almost forgot out 2x OVAC wrestling Champ who placed 3d in state junior year and state champ his senior year. Played for football and baseball teams also. Pretty good in football. Went on to play football at Iowa State and later the Arena League. Dad was a prof at Steubie U. Big in the Knights. Believe they were charismatic also.
There’s a saying in wrestling… anyone can get caught.