D IV State Semi-Final: Steubenville (12-2) vs Wyoming (14-0)

Who wins?

• Steubenville

Votes: 58 43.9%
  • Wyoming

Votes: 74 56.1%

• Total voters
I stand corrected. Although I never heard of him, he sounds outstanding! And well deserving of all his accolades. I will now take the time to look him up. Thank you for this information.

You are welcome, sir.

I stand corrected. Although I never heard of him, he sounds outstanding! And well deserving of all his accolades. I will now take the time to look him up. Thank you for this information.
His career did not end well with the Buckeyes. He was 86’d by urban Meyer mid way through his 4th year. Google his name, not a pretty optic.

Hmmmm. That must have been hype just in your neck of the woods, because I've literally not heard of Storm Klien. But just minutes ago, Hester was "officially" named a finalist for Ohio's Mr. Football. Meaning a candidate for the best player in the state of Ohio.......regardless of division. His hype probably ain't being put to sleep. He's already earned it! Lol.
Well probably because he didn't go to a school like Western Michigan, He went to Ohio State, lol

Just to be clear-- you ARE talking about the Steubenville-Wyoming game, when you say that "Somebody is gonna get beat really bad [sic] this weekend", right? Are you claiming that Steubenville is going to beat Wyoming "really bad" [sic]? If so, what constitutes "really bad" [sic], in your mind? Is it a 20-point margin of victory? A 30-point margin of victory? A running clock? What would constitute fulfilling your prediction?

I can already see that my proposed bet on this game with you is not likely to happen-- I'm not going to be at the game, and with the animosity you are showing here (calling other posters "Blockhead", who have not insulted you in the slightest), I have my doubts that you'd follow through on paying up, if/when you lose the bet... But, just to put the details of my offer on the record, for posterity's sake:

I'd bet $10 (keeping it just a small, "friendly" wager) that Steubenville is NOT going to score 4 TDs in this game (as you have previously predicted)-- if you'd care to take that bet.

If you want to make ANOTHER bet on whether Steubenville is going to beat Wyoming "really bad" [sic] this week-- once you define what "really bad" [sic] means, I'd be willing to make an additional bet on that too.
No, you need to focus on the word "any". Any team in the final four. 7 divisions 4 teams in each division. I'll do the math for you, since your English isn't that great. That's 28 teams.

He sure won a lot of games and a national title.
Yea his players won the Title. Just like when they chased him out of Gainesville.
(Bad Optic) he brought that same arrogance to Columbus (Bad Optic).
He’s No Woody or Tress. I’m not sure who is more disliked today in Columbus.
Herbstreit or Urbo.

How about BR vs Wyoming. Going to be tough weather conditions.
Special Teams and Turnovers will be critical. This is one of the Top matchup’s
This weekend.
Good Luck to both teams. Play your Best Game of the Year.

Yea his players won the Title. Just like when they chased him out of Gainesville.
Herbstreit or Urbo.
Just curious, did Urban ever sit in the stands for when his boy played?

This is not a good match for Steubenville. Run heavy ain’t gonna cut it against Wyoming. Wyoming excels stopping the run.
Game won’t be close
I wouldnt say we are run heavy. Our yards between the pass and the rush are very balanced. Wyoming is much more one dimensional than Steubenville. I think Wyoming averages about 54 yards a game passing. Essentially Steubenville really only has to deal with one skill position. Wyoming will have to contend with 5 or 6 skill players. Hey, if Wyoming imposes their will and gets 7-8 yards a carry SHS is in trouble. Slow down the big guy and we got a chance. Big Red also excels at stopping the run and have been very successful in stoping run only teams.

I wouldnt say we are run heavy. Our yards between the pass and the rush are very balanced. Wyoming is much more one dimensional than Steubenville. I think Wyoming averages about 54 yards a game passing. Essentially Steubenville really only has to deal with one skill position. Wyoming will have to contend with 5 or 6 skill players. Hey, if Wyoming imposes their will and gets 7-8 yards a carry SHS is in trouble. Slow down the big guy and we got a chance. Big Red also excels at stopping the run and have been very successful in stoping run only teams.
If anybody beats Big Red, they will have to throw the ball well.

I agree Big Red excels at stopping the run, but this is a different animal this week. The key will be getting off blocks as quickly as possible and gang tackle this outstanding running back. Easier said than done. This will be the best game of them all on Saturday.

How do you decide if they beat “equal or better” competition? That is totally subjective. To say a team is weak because of who they’ve played is pure speculation. Your opinion does not make a team weaker.
That’s why they play the game. All of this is subjective and penis measuring designed to help diehards cope with the anx before a game , imho.
Should be a good game. When teams are this far apart it’s hard to get a good read on the game. And how these teams will match up. It’s about the matchups. Add mistakes, big plays, schemes, conditioning and if the weather takes away a weapon.
Toughest most physical and most in shape team usually wins.
Big Red will play hard. That’s a given. Whether it’s it’s enough, we soon will find out.

This is not a good match for Steubenville. Run heavy ain’t gonna cut it against Wyoming. Wyoming excels stopping the run.
Game won’t be close
Who says Big Red is run heavy????? Do you not look at the stats?? Very well balanced. Big Red is run first but are not afraid to spread you out and throw it. Great running game sets up a good passing game

Big Red will show you 100 different formations with different personnel every time. They keep teams on their toes.

Big Red is a run first team but definitely not a run heavy team

Now, if a team is struggling to stop the run, then yes BR will continue to pound it at you

Herbstreit or Urbo.
Urban’s way is not sustainable way of coaching.
He loves the challenge of changing a culture from country club to the marine corps. But after 6 yrs the administration or recruits or players begin to rebel.
Now aTm might be the most logical fit for him.

Urban’s way is not sustainable way of coaching.
He loves the challenge of changing a culture from country club to the marine corps. But after 6 yrs the administration or recruits or players begin to rebel.
Now aTm might be the most logical fit for him.
I think Urban is done coaching. Both by choice and because he’s too controversial.

High school football best bets​

Either someone doesn't watch much football outside of the Southwest Ohio Area, or /s Big Red is in BIG trouble /s!

*Emphasis added by Bigred95
Source: https://www.wlwt.com/article/cincinnati-high-school-football-best-bets-week-15/42048895#
Please understand that the Wyoming football team doesn't feel this way. Wyoming knows that Steubenville is really, really good. On both sides of the ball. It will be a close low scoring game.

Still can't over the weak schedule. Stats against lesser competitive teams are tough to gage. Distance and unfamiliarity adds to the intrigue,
Ultimately, I feel that Wyoming doesn't have a plan B if things go sideways, and the Wyoming "D" is good, but historic, that is still yet to be determine.