D VI State Semi-Final: Marion Local (14-0) vs. Columbus Grove (12-2)

Who wins?

• Marion Local

Votes: 95 88.8%
  • Columbus Grove

Votes: 12 11.2%

• Total voters
I'm an NWC guy definitely not Grove guy, I get conference pride but man, I like Ohio state but I never root for xichigan (unless they play Alabama) it's just comical to me how every team ML has steamrolled this year is somehow a good team because of conf affiliation, if Grove gets hammered, guess what so did everyone else,,,,they still beat the snot out of everyone in their region,,,which is more than I can say for my team, so say Grove went southwest what would the Columbia ML score be 84-0????, Can we all agree small school football in this area is pretty good. And the MAC elevates other confrences in this area because they set the standard and we all see it every year.
Didn't we sort this issue out in the MAC thread yesterday or something?

Question is would you guys respect Grove more if they just A. forfeited the game and were happy with the final four. B. Praise the greatness of the MAC all week an what an honor it is to just be playing and take their beating or, C. Treat it like any game and come out fighting knowing everyone expects a blowout but do everything they can to compete?
What if Grove would have beaten Coldwater 2 years ago in the semi-finals? If Clement doesn't get hurt then I really think Grove wins the game. Would Grove be getting more respect?

Lots of talk about the Grove linebackers so I had to see for myself…they look like a solid group and they are big for sure, but Maria Stein will make them look like they are moving in slow motion. Hoping I’m wrong and they really are as good as people are advertising but that’s just my opinion.

I'm an NWC guy definitely not Grove guy, I get conference pride but man, I like Ohio state but I never root for xichigan (unless they play Alabama) it's just comical to me how every team ML has steamrolled this year is somehow a good team because of conf affiliation, if Grove gets hammered, guess what so did everyone else,,,,they still beat the snot out of everyone in their region,,,which is more than I can say for my team, so say Grove went southwest what would the Columbia ML score be 84-0????, Can we all agree small school football in this area is pretty good. And the MAC elevates other confrences in this area because they set the standard and we all see it every year.
Mostly true. ML did not beat the crap out of Versailles. Versailles never punted against ML in the playoff game just could not finish their drives. Liberty Benton who lost to McComb (a team ML def. 50 - 0) beat CG 24 - 13. and CG also lost to AE. I think that is why most posters are favoring the Flyers so heavily. Also the Flyers def. Coldwater without Blasingame.

Last edited:
Mostly true. ML did not beat the crap out of Versailles. Versailles never punted against ML.in the playoff game just could not finish their drives. Liberty Benton who lost to McComb beat CG 24 - 13. and CG also lost to AE. I think that is why most posters are favoring the Flyers so heavily.
Again, why even bother playing the game, OSU and xichigan is on

I think this is BS, to be calling out individual players,,,,
Whos calling out individual players? Most of the discussion about individuals was on if they had interest in the next level and a couple guys arguing whether one of Groves backers is 250 or 225. If that equates to calling them out then I think you have your head in the wrong space there.

Whos calling out individual players? Most of the discussion about individuals was on if they had interest in the next level and a couple guys arguing whether one of Groves backers is 250 or 225. If that equates to calling them out then I think you have your head in the wrong space there.
lets just make it 235LB's.... and call it a day..

For Grove to win this game they will have to be able to run the football, shorten the game and finish drives with TDs, field goals are not going to beat ML. When it comes to Marion Local most posters talk about the defense, but the offense is good as well don't know if Meier will play but Otte, Hess, Lause, one missed tackle and they are gone. Grove will need to pursue to the football, something I notice in the playoffs that lot of teams the backside pursuit is lacking.

What do you expect a kid to say,,,I don't think it's disrespect, but if you don't believe you can win, you've already lost,,,I would hope every player expects to win when they step on the field,,
Nothing will ever seem more strange to me than people who criticize players and coaches that talk confidently about their team. No $#!t they expected to win and want to make it seem like ML isn’t that intimidating. If you think you want your head coach and players to be “realistic” and act like they’re going to lose then you’re just an idiot.

Would like to add this-his grandpa graduated from Grove in early 70’s now we have connections to both teams
That's pretty cool, so where's the player going to college, because with an ACT score and GPA like that if you say anything other than something like Stanford, I will be disappointed 😂

Having seen both Grove and the University of Findlay a couple of times in person and Grove on WOSN replay I feel as though both Koch and Schafer could start for the Oilers. If not immediately then very soon. They could play defensive end and if Koch put on a few more pounds he could play offensive line. I don't know if Schafer could play H-back or not but my guess is yes.
Neither would start right away. Big jump from D6 high school to D2 college. But, I think both probably could eventually. Koch would have to get a lot bigger to play on the O line, or a lot faster to play on the D line. Schafer could play linebacker there with some work. But he wouldn't want to gain more weight. Their backers tend to be smaller and quicker. (210-230 range)

For Grove to win this game they will have to be able to run the football, shorten the game and finish drives with TDs, field goals are not going to beat ML. When it comes to Marion Local most posters talk about the defense, but the offense is good as well don't know if Meier will play but Otte, Hess, Lause, one missed tackle and they are gone. Grove will need to pursue to the football, something I notice in the playoffs that lot of teams the backside pursuit is lacking.
Agree