Division 1 Semi Final: Archbishop Moeller (13-1) vs Springfield (12-1)

Who wins and by how much?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Individual titles? lol
Some of them, yes. The relay titles are not individual titles btw. They were won by relay teams. In 1997, the girls track team sent 1 girl to the state track meet and she single-handedly won the state runner-up trophy for the entire team. And, if you read the posts above for this conversation, the question was asked whether Springfield had state championships of any kind in any "sports." And as I've demonstrated, the answer to that is yes. So again, what the hell do you care about this conversation and why are you even here??

Last edited:
Only someone like you could find fault in posting factual information. You were wrong on multiple points related to that information, so could it be you lash out to cover up for your own mental deficiencies?
So much for your "factual information." As far as mental deficiencies go, your interjection into this conversation which has nothing to do with you can only be attributed to a rapid decline in your own cognitive abilities (although it's not established "factual information" that they ever existed to begin with). I mean, it's not like you're from St. Ignatius after all.

To everyone but the dumbest posters the discussion is team titles. You were wrong on your answers.
No. The post asked if SHS had state titles in any "sports." I believe track and field constitutes an OHSAA sanctioned "sport." All of the state titles I listed are confirmed in the OHSAA record books and are attributed to North, South or Springfield High. Show me the post that limited this inquiry only to "team titles."

Why do you even care? Don't you have your own state semifinals game to be discussing?
I'm a Cincinnati Catholic, so Moeller is of interest. And nobody's discussing the Kings game much... Honestly, I looked it up because your enthusiasm for Springfield has sparked my interest in the school. I had no ill will when I went to look it up, and felt pretty iffy about posting it, because it is a total crapshoot whether or not Wikipedia's going to be accurate and/or complete. Sorry.

PS - I agree an individual title is a State title.

I'm a Cincinnati Catholic, so Moeller is of interest. And nobody's discussing the Kings game much... Honestly, I looked it up because your enthusiasm for Springfield has sparked my interest in the school. I had no ill will when I went to look it up, and felt pretty iffy about posting it, because it is a total crapshoot whether or not Wikipedia's going to be accurate and/or complete. Sorry.
I know all of that. No reason for you to apologize for anything. I thought we were having an interesting conversation until the troll arrived. Anyways, good luck to Moeller and SHS Friday, and for Marshall to be at 100% and cleared to play. I think it's gonna be an epic battle everyone will remember for years to come

Last edited:
SHS football has only been around for 14 years in the playoffs era. What has Fairmont ever accomplished since the playoffs began 50 years ago? Wasn't their playoff opener win over Wayne their first ever playoff win in school history?
Pretty sure they beat perrysburg a cpl years ago and some others. Unlike you I am not going to try to go back 50 years and see how they faired when it was east and west before the merger.

Pretty sure they beat perrysburg a cpl years ago and some others. Unlike you I am not going to try to go back 50 years and see how they faired when it was east and west before the merger.
Fairmont:

* Titles won by Fairmont West.
** Titles won by Fairmont East.

Actually Hillary, Perrysburg won that playoff game over Fairmont, 14-0. And East and West never made the playoffs.

Last edited:
Tell that to Massillon
dynasties in high school football.

does anyone have a dynasty in Debate Team?

How about Chess? :ROFLMAO:

bowling?

St Eds was or is still, I don't know, a dynasty in wrestling, I know that.

Wikipedia lists only ONE dynasty in High School sports and it's a girls swimming team and I don't think anyone can argue that it wasn't a true dynasty. Carmel Indiana with 32 straight from 1985 to 2017.

Makes all the Iggy and Moeller dynasty runs like like flashes in the pan.

1669151890669.png

dynasties in high school football.

does anyone have a dynasty in Debate Team?

How about Chess? :ROFLMAO:

bowling?

St Eds was or is still, I don't know, a dynasty in wrestling, I know that.

Wikipedia lists only ONE dynasty in High School sports and it's a girls swimming team and I don't think anyone can argue that it wasn't a true dynasty. Carmel Indiana with 32 straight from 1985 to 2017.

Makes all the Iggy and Moeller dynasty runs like like flashes in the pan.

View attachment 36428
St X swimming State Championships, 42 in 52 years:

Swimming – 1970–1981 (12 consecutive), 1984, 1990–1995 (6), 1997, 1999–2007 (9),[181][190] 2009–2021 (13)

Thus far, my picks are perfect.......... so no need to watch the game, here's the final score:

Crooked Crusaders....... 24
Spr. Mildcats.................. 14

Moe then goes on to beat St Eds (from the ugly part of the state) to win their 10th state title (I think)!

over/under on number of ohioriverboy posts this week...... 1,432,075

Last edited:
Fairmont:

* Titles won by Fairmont West.
** Titles won by Fairmont East.
Damn look at that field hockey run. That’s what some may consider a dynasty. Not some team holding up a runner up trophy once.

Take a look. I will even help you out since this playoff stuff is new to Springfield. When you look at the schedules when it says postseason, that means it happened in the playoffs.

Attachments

• 17621C8D-838B-4CD7-AE34-ECF7B793EDEC.png
    17621C8D-838B-4CD7-AE34-ECF7B793EDEC.png
    158.6 KB · Views: 21
Take a look. I will even help you out since this playoff stuff is new to Springfield. When you look at the schedules when it says postseason, that means it happened in the playoffs.
Hillary, I thought you don't have time to conduct research? And, it's not a real playoffs matchup when they let everybody in, including winless teams. But I understand, you don't have much to work with here. Too bad this isn't a field hockey forum.

Last edited:
I’ve always taken the time when I knew it would help out those among us who are a little slow on the uptake.
Well then maybe you can find a regional semifinals playoff win by Fairmont. My research there keeps coming up empty. And, I don't even know where they keep the girls field hockey records. 😁

WEST was better than Springfield.... That said Springfield keeps it closer than WEST...34-28 west....

Well then maybe you can find a regional semifinals playoff win by Fairmont. My research there keeps coming up empty. And, I don't even know where they keep the girls field hockey records. 😁

I’m sure if you contact them they will let you peak at the trophy case so you can see what a state championship trophy looks like from this century.

I’m sure if you contact them they will let you peak at the trophy case so you can see what a state championship trophy looks like from this century.

As a matter of fact SHS won a state title in its first year after the merger, this century! That's discussed above. And, that's in addition to 4 consecutive regional championships and a number of GWOC trophies in just 14 years, also in this century. I'm pretty sure Fairmont doesnt have anything to show us for football in the past 14 years or this century actually. But maybe you can show us one of your many field hockey trophies from the 20th century. After all, that is your claim to fame. 🤣

As a matter of fact SHS won a state title in its first year after the merger, this century! That's discussed above. And, that's in addition to 4 consecutive regional championships and a number of GWOC trophies in just 14 years, also in this century. I'm pretty sure Fairmont doesnt have anything to show us for football in the past 14 years or this century actually. But maybe you can show us one of your many field hockey trophies from the 20th century. After all, that is your claim to fame. 🤣

Are you talking about some relay team? According to the above someone else posted fairmont has a state championship in 2013 and in 2020. Read before you post.

Status
Not open for further replies.