Division 1 Semi Final: Archbishop Moeller (13-1) vs Springfield (12-1)

Who wins and by how much?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You'll never see the day when Moeller will copy anything about Fairmont. They got lucky at the end. That's all. Same way Massillon did against St Edward's. That happens, on occasion.
As I have stated over and over. A team that you claim is so dominate and a dynasty should never lose a game to teams like miamisburg and fairmont. Even if they “get lucky” as you claim. A dominate team would not have the score that close at the end for “luck” to factor in. I mentioned this in the fairmont playoff thread. Those 3 offensive touchdowns they scored in the playoffs are the most they have scored against fairmont since the “dynasty” began.

Happened to be on Home rd today in Springfield. I took a pic of the sky over the practice field.

Attachments

• 0F3C9EFA-78AE-4FA7-9DC5-67ADDFB57E23.jpeg
    0F3C9EFA-78AE-4FA7-9DC5-67ADDFB57E23.jpeg
    8.7 KB · Views: 21
As I have stated over and over. A team that you claim is so dominate and a dynasty should never lose a game to teams like miamisburg and fairmont. Even if they “get lucky” as you claim. A dominate team would not have the score that close at the end for “luck” to factor in. I mentioned this in the fairmont playoff thread. Those 3 offensive touchdowns they scored in the playoffs are the most they have scored against fairmont since the “dynasty” began.
They're still alive, that's all that matters. In the state tournament no less. And, they made OHSAA history with the 4-peat. So yes, I call that dominant.

They're still alive, that's all that matters. In the state tournament no less. And, they made OHSAA history with the 4-peat. So yes, I call that dominant.
Springfield can NOT be a dynasty. For that to happen the gotta win titles no just make it there
What do you mean history with the 4 peat? Four times winning region 2?
I thought the goal is to win state title? Not win regional. I miss something

Not at SHS they have not won a state title in anything since the 50s.
SHS football has only been around for 14 years in the playoffs era. What has Fairmont ever accomplished since the playoffs began 50 years ago? Wasn't their playoff opener win over Wayne their first ever playoff win in school history?

Has SHS won a State title in sports?
As a matter of fact, yes they have! So did North and South High Schools during the split. And, in the pre-playoffs era, SHS won 2 state football titles and had several undefeated teams voted state runner-up in the polls that could have won it all in a playoffs.

Last edited:
As a matter of fact, yes they have! So did North and South High Schools during the split. And, in the pre-playoffs era, SHS won 2 state football titles and had several undefeated teams voted state runner-up in the polls that could have won it all in a playoffs.
I was asking because I didn't know. Was curious if the current school after merger in all sports. Wasn't a dig.

Springfield High state championships:
Boys Cross Country 1938, 1940
Boys Track 1957, 1958
Boys Basketball 1925, 1950

Springfield North state championships:
Girls Basketball 1977

Springfield South state championships:
<none>

According to Wikipedia (which, of course, is not guaranteed accurate):

State championships[edit]​

Further information: Ohio High School Athletic Association

Springfield High state championships:
Boys Cross Country 1938, 1940
Boys Track 1957, 1958
Boys Basketball 1925, 1950

Springfield North state championships:
Girls Basketball 1977

Springfield South state championships:
<none>
Why do you even care? Don't you have your own state semifinals game to be discussing?

Only someone like you could find fault in posting factual information. You were wrong on multiple points related to that information, so could it be you lash out to cover up for your own mental deficiencies?

Status
Not open for further replies.