Division 1 Semi Final: Archbishop Moeller (13-1) vs Springfield (12-1)

Who wins and by how much?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah the car accident should not have been mentioned. I did check and my moral compass seems to be pointing due North. Oh and look at that, so is my middle finger.
So in one post you say the car accident shouldn’t have been mentioned (and you were the one who put it out there) then throw an insult my way becuase I said it shouldn’t have been mentioned. Funny, I didn’t say what type of compass…

Can anyone give me some background on the Moeller Frosh QB? Where is he from, where/who did he play for as an 8th grader? Stepping in as a Freshmen and starting a playoff game for a D1 game is kind of a big deal..obviously Moeller and others had their eyes on him for sometime. Just curious.
Also how tall is #6 who replaced Marshall really? Announcer said he was 5’9, if that’s true then the QB is about 6’4 and Marshall 6’1 lol.
Looking at the kids Twitter account he is already committed to play baseball at Mizzou. Which is especially impressive considering he’s never been able to play n high school.

So in one post you say the car accident shouldn’t have been mentioned (and you were the one who put it out there) then throw an insult my way becuase I said it shouldn’t have been mentioned. Funny, I didn’t say what type of compass…

You didn’t have to mention what type of compass it was implied. the insult wasn’t directed your way becuase you said I should not have mentioned it. I threw it in because I thought it was a funny line and I figured it would get under your skin. This is a message board about high school sports it’s really not that serious.

SHS will have trouble on the line on both sides of the ball
On offense. They will be behind the chains. First from sacks. Then holding calls. They will again have minimal running game

on d. They will not be able to plug holes and stop the run.

Last edited:
I know- I was kind! Just too many messengers, like a game of telephone but with real consequences. Kid is being heavily recruited so it’s just boggling to me that these reporters just passed along without any confirmation
Today’s media sucks. This is no different than how the media has been handling political news. There’s no accountability in today’s news world.

Why not play this game in the U.P. of Michigan?

Weren't any of the Canadian stadiums open?

Alaska is nice this time of year.

The OHSAA must be making a KILLING off the Spectrum One package! They surely don't care about ticket sales, the safety of spectators traveling in inclement weather on a holiday weekend, or the safety of players, coaches, bands and staff traveling 75 minutes and 45 minutes to get to these games.

Saying a Hail Mary for safe passage for all involved.
I'll be in my living room recliner!
Yes, why not the U.P. of Michigan? It has Northern Michigan University with the Superior Dome. There's permanent seating for 8,000, but can hold up to 16,000 if necessary. Here's a photo I took while visiting there (my dad grew up there and went to NMU, but then enlisted to fight in WW2).

Attachments

• Photo of Superior Dome in Marquette, Michigan.png
    Photo of Superior Dome in Marquette, Michigan.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 24
I find it fun funny that many on here are saying the media is wrong on a hs player, but when it come to anything political, they get it right 🙊🙈🙉😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Just wait until these guys figure out there were probably more people in the stands that saw the trainers attending to the kid than read online high school football forums or articles about high school football. Medical tents all around!

I'm surprised an Elks fan would say that. You must not have been around for the 1984 playoffs, or heard about them ...
The 84 game has no bearing on this match. Different generations, style of play and field conditions. And no one will be rushing the field and tearing down the goalposts after the win.

The 84 game has no bearing on this match. Different generations, style of play and field conditions. And no one will be rushing the field and tearing down the goalposts after the win.
What does that have to do with anything? The point you seem to have missed is everyone said Elks had no chance whatsoever in that game. People also said Elks had no chance against Elder in '91 too

Last edited:
What does that have to do with anything? The point you seem to have missed is everyone said Elks had no chance whatsoever in that game. People also said Elks had no chance against Elder in '91 too
Sure, once in a while a squirrel finds a nut. Springfield is capable of beating Moeller; not so sure anyone thought Centerville would hang with Moeller back in 84.

Sure, once in a while a squirrel finds a nut. Springfield is capable of beating Moeller; not so sure anyone thought Centerville would hang with Moeller back in 84.
In '84, people acted like Moeller's players were superhuman invincible, just like what I'm reading above. Gregg lectured his team they're HS kids just like them. They put their pants on one leg at a time. It's always best to be the one who is underestimated. All the pressure to live up to their hype is on Moeller. Although I'm not so sure Elder and his team are dismissing SHS the way so many on Yappi are. Also, don't forget everyone said Dunbar had no chance against Elks in '86. And in '96, everyone said Lima Sr had no chance against both Elder and St Ignatius.

Not that it has anything to do with this game but last 2 times springfield has played moeller they have won. Even though the one in 19 was a jamboree it was 25-0 when starters came out. Cats will be prepared

I don’t get why it’s beyond the pail to report on a concussion. If he left the game holding his wrist, and there was a lot of chatter that he may have sprained his wrist, and the medical team was treating his wrist, would you be coming down on George Vogel for saying, “Marshall missed most of the second half with a possible sprained wrist”?

If anything, I think there should be more public scrutiny on a school and coach if they’re contemplating sending a kid back on the field after a concussion. The potential future risks to the player are much more severe than for most other injuries, therefore they should face pressure to be completely certain the kid is ok before bringing him back.

Just one man’s take on it with no dog in the fight….

Status
Not open for further replies.