2022-23 Three Rivers Athletic Conference, the final season. Who wins the title?

Who wins the 2022-23 TRAC title?

• Findlay

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fremont Ross

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Lima Senior

• Oregon Clay

• Toledo Central Catholic

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • Toledo Notre Dame

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Toledo St. Ursula

• Toledo Whitmer

• Total voters

1. Central. Too many good guards plus Vaughn and recruited from SV Ryan Smith are problems inside. Can’t score on them.
2 tie. Ross. Hopefully they don’t underperform again. Destiny really is a top 3 player in the area and Janiah and Carma are tough as well.
2 tie. Whitmer. This team now has a good coach with a whole lot of talent. 3 great players including an elite shooter. Sydney Borer is the elite shooter. Denny Lawrence is an elite on ball defender. Jada Shoup is a solid do it all player.
4. Notre Dame. Cable and Smith are aggressive defenders. They are tough and obviously will be well coached, but just don’t seem as deep as the above teams.
5. Findlay. They graduated a lot, but have a top inside out threat.
6. Lima Senior- very much improved- played a lot of young kids last year. They are fast and lengthy. One more year
7. St Ursula. Team has shooters, a really good sophomore pg and a 6-2 kid (Defoe) that for some crazy reason didn’t see the varsity floor much to get any experience. They keep hiring the wrong coach and that is why we are here. AD is anti basketball I guess. Does fine for every other sport but basketball gets a back seat. You just can’t keep hiring senior citizens and expect them to relate to young kids. The game has passed by this coach and they will finish here.
8 Clay. They can’t shoot nor do they have any post players. This team needs to be in the TAAC not the TRAC and will be lucky to ever win a game in the NLL when they go there.

1. Central. Too many good guards plus Vaughn and recruited from SV Ryan Smith are problems inside. Can’t score on them.
2 tie. Ross. Hopefully they don’t underperform again. Destiny really is a top 3 player in the area and Janiah and Carma are tough as well.
2 tie. Whitmer. This team now has a good coach with a whole lot of talent. 3 great players including an elite shooter. Sydney Borer is the elite shooter. Denny Lawrence is an elite on ball defender. Jada Shoup is a solid do it all player.
4. Notre Dame. Cable and Smith are aggressive defenders. They are tough and obviously will be well coached, but just don’t seem as deep as the above teams.
5. Findlay. They graduated a lot, but have a top inside out threat.
6. Lima Senior- very much improved- played a lot of young kids last year. They are fast and lengthy. One more year
7. St Ursula. Team has shooters, a really good sophomore pg and a 6-2 kid (Defoe) that for some crazy reason didn’t see the varsity floor much to get any experience. They keep hiring the wrong coach and that is why we are here. AD is anti basketball I guess. Does fine for every other sport but basketball gets a back seat. You just can’t keep hiring senior citizens and expect them to relate to young kids. The game has passed by this coach and they will finish here.
8 Clay. They can’t shoot nor do they have any post players. This team needs to be in the TAAC not the TRAC and will be lucky to ever win a game in the NLL when they go there.

Very solid analysis. Agree with a lot of it.

St. Ursula tried to hire/go after a younger head coach thats had success but was turned away by them. They're in a tough spot currently.

TCC also grabbed Jada Dames away from Bowsher, this team is stacked. Losing an amazing player/leader in Brinn Hunt will hurt, but a more experienced combo of 2024s in Vaughn/Clay/Baer plus 2023s Hitt-Swartz, Mary Ellis, Ryann Smith and the aforementioned Dames (among others) will make a strong team even stronger.

This team made it to the regional-semi and went 24-2 with only 7-8 players in the entire second half of the season due to transfer rules and injuries. With those players back, and the taste of playoff success from last year this team has a large chance to play for a state championship this year.

Even with the violation, Haney has done an amazing job at returning a program back to its former glory within the scope of 3 years.

They are stacked. But Dames has to sit game 12 on thru the end of season for transferring. This is an OHSAA rule Haney failed to mention to her and Gogol last year. I couldn’t imagine sitting out the second half of my senior year. You are right though- Smith and Vaughn are going to clean everything up defensively.
H-back. I know a few coaches I have a lot of respect for that reached out about the job, but Donnelly never got back with them. Must have been the time they were chasing whoever they were chasing.

This is an OHSAA rule Haney failed to mention to her and Gogol last year. I couldn’t imagine sitting out the second half of my senior year.
Fair, but I wouldn’t be surprised if she took the prospect of playoff hardware as a sacrifice.

Haney will miss Perkins, Start, Lima and Findlay, but will be back just in time for Fremont.

Read the conference previews and it looks like NDA and Galloway lost Nevaeh Cable to Start. Spartans are going to be formidable with that addition and obviously Sinai Douglas. Cook has done a good job taking that program to newer heights.

I also didn't know Whitmer got Kynard as a coach, he was good help to TCC/Start but that should make things a bit fun when playing the Lady Irish in-season.

Wondering why ND keeps losing kids. Also wondering if the younger VanSlooten is there? I saw her and coach together a lot on the AAU circuit and since her sister went there I assume, but am not 100%

Wondering why ND keeps losing kids. Also wondering if the younger VanSlooten is there? I saw her and coach together a lot on the AAU circuit and since her sister went there I assume, but am not 100%
Probably in part because Haney is starting to challenge Galloway's pool, I'd assume (especially with the Hitt-Swartz transfer last year). Would the younger VanSlooten be a frosh this year? She could be at Ottawa Hills, where the older brother played.

Watching this TCC-Perkins game… Lady Irish only playing with seven, Dames isn’t dressed and Ryann Smith is not on the bench at all. Did Dames also get hit with something as I’m assuming she was part of that “violation?”

Probably in part because Haney is starting to challenge Galloway's pool, I'd assume (especially with the Hitt-Swartz transfer last year). Would the younger VanSlooten be a frosh this year? She could be at Ottawa Hills, where the older brother played.
Yes Frosh

Crazy about Smith. Kid is a monster
She will miss the second half of the season for the transfer but she is still not fully recovered from her ACL
I know it’s only the first game, but if they don’t get any depth on the bench they will
be deep in trouble. Starters played the entire second half with no subs. They had four other girls on the bench, including two who never took off their warmups.

It kinda makes a little less sense why Dames transferred now. She’s only going to be able to play a handful of games before she has to sit again.

I know it’s only the first game, but if they don’t get any depth on the bench they will
be deep in trouble. Starters played the entire second half with no subs. They had four other girls on the bench, including two who never took off their warmups.

It kinda makes a little less sense why Dames transferred now. She’s only going to be able to play a handful of games before she has to sit

It kinda makes a little less sense why Dames transferred now. She’s only going to be able to play a handful of games before she has to sit again.
Ross opens the season with a 60-34 win over Clyde.
Destiny can average 25 if she wants to. She’s so talented.

Cc can you delete your reply. It is 100% legit. But thinking about that I shouldn’t mention her name and charges being that she is a juvenile.

Will do. Very very sad and terrible situation.

On another note, I read the CL preview and it looks like Start also gained another transfer from Rogers in Komara Sylvester. They play the Haney-less Lady Irish Wednesday in the Sullivan. Even with diminished numbers, I think TCC puts up a fight but gets tired out.

Not sure if this clears things up or makes it even more confusing…..
Some coach on the staff made contact with a student (I’m assuming it was Dames) before they put in an application fee to go to TCC or something along the lines of that. If you do it before it’s a violation, after you’re good I guess? Recruiting bylaws are interesting.

This stems from a former asst who worked for Tps trying to recruit a girl from Scott and her 8th grade sister. The asst goes on to become a head coach elsewhere with no penalty and Haney falls on the sword.

This stems from a former asst who worked for Tps trying to recruit a girl from Scott and her 8th grade sister. The asst goes on to become a head coach elsewhere with no penalty and Haney falls on the sword.
It would have to be Kynard then, right? Not to throw names and accusations around but it looks like he checks all the boxes?

Yeah. This is about the
It would have to be Kynard then, right? Not to throw names and accusations around but it looks like he checks all the boxes?
50/50. Yes this is about Ja’nyah Johnson. How nothing is brought up about Gogol or Dames I have no idea. But fall on the sword? Come on. They recruited all over together. She has her Shining twins coaches poaching in Whitmer and Oregon and Kynard would go after Scott kids. They had shady contact with so many kids and they would go to 8th grade games and have impermissible contact with families.