Mentor Football 2022

This Mentor team did overachieve this year. When anyone was negative about them, I staunchly said that they were a good team. People seem to be down on Matt Gray, but a team doesn't overachieve without good coaching. No matter what occurs tomorrow the Cards had a very good season and with the development of Scotty Fox they will be a force next year as well.

This Mentor team did overachieve this year. When anyone was negative about them, I staunchly said that they were a good team. People seem to be down on Matt Gray, but a team doesn't overachieve without good coaching. No matter what occurs tomorrow the Cards had a very good season and with the development of Scotty Fox they will be a force next year as well.
I gave credit to Gray and Funk for that win over Medina. Those two absolutely were a major factor in the outcome. Overall, Gray’s tenure is pretty inconsistent. But that win over Medina bought him some favor and a little more patience in my eyes.

Fox has show improvement all year. He could be really good by his senior year. Like most QB’s, he needs to have some good receivers. Fox didn’t start improving until Snow switched over. Next season will be a transition year, but 2024 should be a season at least as good as this one.

My covid is still raging but good luck to the kids and staff tonight. Parents, friends and fans going hope you enjoy the game and stay warm

Team has nothing to lose. Most didn't expect them to be here. Heavy underdog and you can't build lines like that every year at a public school. Final 8 year is a success no matter what happens tonight

He does this every year. It’s exhausting. He doesn’t post until basketball season is about to start, but chimes in on football well. He will be all over the basketball forum soon posting like he knows everything.

Then he switches teams, one minute he supports VASJ and once they start struggling, he will move on to Euclid.
Don't pretend that you know me. I support VASJ, I will always be a Panther and absolutely will hate Fake Catholic.

Don't pretend that you know me. I support VASJ, I will always be a Panther and absolutely will hate Fake Catholic.
A VASJ and Euclid football fan trolling Mentor football is like a hobo ripping a corporate executive for not getting the CEO job.

Please focus your attention on getting your alma mater to stop the gunshots at the next game they host. And maybe get them to focus on not being the only team left out of the Region 1 playoff field two years in a row

Your beloved Euclid High School.with all that money dumped into it.....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221119_063902_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221119_063902_Chrome.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
From a St Ed graduate, congrats to the Mentor players and staff on an outstanding season. Not many get this far. You gave my Eagles all they could handle. The yardage and TOP totals were overwhelmingly in favor of my Eagles, but if Mentor scores on those early red-zone opportunities, we would have had a dogfight. The Mentor players showed a lot of grit and tenacity.

The young QB (Fox) looks to be the real deal. He'll have Mentor contending for the R1 crown for the next two years. I think Mentor's OL was vastly improved from the one game I saw early in the season. Likewise, their defense this year was far superior to the Mentor defenses I've seen in the past, except of course for that 2003 Mentor team.

Good luck moving forward.

To sum up the season, it was a ride with some highs and lows.

Defensively, I think from start to finish the group met the expectations. This was a senior-laden and experienced group. When they played their best, it was one of top post-2003 defenses. There were a few rough games, but overall the defense kept them in games and ultimately became the difference on nights where the offense didn’t have it. The back 7/8 was as good of a unit as they have had since maybe 2003. Vernon on the front line gets a lot of the hype and attention. Pohto, Snow, Orosz, and Gedelguyd were among the big time standouts. The defense had a nice season.

Offensively, it was a slow start. The inexperience was a factor. I was not shy about saying talent was an issue. However, the offense really clicked once Snow moved over. Stapleton had a really nice season. Fox improved steadily throughout the season. The offensive line did too.

The coaches, players, and many in the football community have high expectations for the program. I do too. A loss to St Eds was not a failure. The win over Medina was the highlight of the season. There was only one “bad loss” - Football North.

Best wishes to the seniors. This was a very solid group. Hope to see the current juniors surprise me in 2023. The sophomores obviously have some talent.

Mentor had a fantastic season - congratulations to the Cardinals. As you point out - a loss to Eds is not a failure in any shape or form. And most of us (I am a Joe's grad/fan) wish our team went as far as Mentor.

I was a bit shocked last Friday....walked thru metal detectors with my seat, went off, I waited for someone to wand me or something, just got waived on. I mean, what? Probably shouldn't be hosting playoff games and putting people at risk until you get your circus under control Euclid. I know I won't be going back even if my team is there. You aren't going to let me carry to protect myself if stuff breaks out, and rightfully so since school grounds, but you are going to look the other way otherwise

Please show some class.
Brian with no respect, get the heck out of our thread. You have nothing better to do with your low IQ than attempt to troll all over. And I say attempt because you are too stupid to even formulate coherent thoughts.

Much like you , this guy was picking a fight. And in doing so, he's getting what he deserves

I was a bit shocked last Friday....walked thru metal detectors with my seat, went off, I waited for someone to wand me or something, just got waived on. I mean, what? Probably shouldn't be hosting playoff games and putting people at risk until you get your circus under control Euclid. I know I won't be going back even if my team is there. You aren't going to let me carry to protect myself if stuff breaks out, and rightfully so since school grounds, but you are going to look the other way otherwise
Yeah that's a bit alarming ... You and cardgrad bringing that up hopefully means others with say will bring this up. If they cant secure their site, they shouldn't host

There were some Mentor players using the restroom at half time who encountered a group of young men hanging out in the restroom. This group of young men were telling their friends who were also in the restroom to clear out because they were "getting ready to shoot this place up." The Mentor players exited the restroom and some of the young men from this group followed them out, at a close clip as if they were trying to catch up to them. As the Mentor players made their way down the hall this caught the attention of a few police offers who intervened and stopped the trailing young men, it sounds like they asked them what they were doing as the Mentor players walked away.

Not an environment to be inviting any more trouble to in my opinion. And, considering that there was no attempt at detecting weapons last night, who knows what anyone was concealing.

Last edited:
There were some Mentor players using the restroom at half time who encountered a group of young men hanging out in the restroom. This group of young men were telling their friends who were also in the restroom to clear out because they were "getting ready to shoot this place up." The Mentor players exited the restroom and some of the young men from this group followed them out, at a close clip as if they were trying to catch up to them. As the Mentor players made their way down the hall this caught the attention of a few police offers who intervened and stopped the trailing young men, it sounds like they asked them what they were doing as the Mentor players walked away.

Not an environment to be inviting any more trouble to in my opinion. And, considering that there was no attempt at detecting weapons last night, who knows what anyone was concealing.
Some of these kids need some good male role models to straighten them up. Unfortunately that's one of the main reasons for the thug lifestyle. Gotta go somewhere for acceptance when the family fails them. Really sad.

Also did the Mentor players say anything to the cops ? Because if they stayed silent, then that's on them. One would think the cops would search those guys if a threat like that was made. But I guess in these woke times , who knows? Talking about shooting up a school event should lead to extensive search for all if there is any semblance of common sense left

Last edited:
The biggest difference right now is Fox's lack of mobility. Countless times Trubisky, Krizancic, Kipp devastated defenses when they used their legs.
If he can get more mobile and quicker this offseason he could be very good next year, His arm talent is great

As long as they continue to do what they are doing on defense, they will never get out of this region. ZERO adjustments, just let a team run up your butt the whole game. The we are just going to outscore you philosophy doesn't work anymore.
You are a one trick pony at this point. The offense didn't score a point, yet just blame the defense. Pretty lame

Defense actually kept them in the game a ton. The offense just couldn't finish drives and part of that is because Eds is just a way better team. Nothing can be done if the team you are playing just has way more talent

Give it a rest

LOL. Really, they ran for almost 400 yards and not one thing was done to change it! Do something, just don't let a team do that to you. The idea that you could play 3 down against them anyways tells you exactly what you are working with! You weren't even there! You know why the offense didn't score? Because they adjusted, brought pressure, changed things up.
I watched the entire game. Look we get you hate Mentor. Should probably do something more productive with your life instead of coming to HS message board to hate on one team in one thread

Change what you do on defense, it obviously doesn't work! Pretty basic concept. Don't tell me what and where to post.
I'll tell you whatever I damn well please.

I post on a variety of topics on here. You are obviously just here to hate on Mentor. It's really pathetic.

OOOOOOOOH, Mr. Tough Guy. You must really like watching your team get constantly out coached on one side of the ball.
I'd say the same to your face. It's not being a tough guy. It's calling you on your bs as you pathetically troll a HS football team behind anonymity on the internet . Just as you say for me not to tell you where to post , I say to you I say what I want.

I've ripped our DC plenty over the years. But I also recognize when you don't score a point , it's not all on the defense.

Armchair coaches getting fired up. You know what would be great? Apply for a job on the staff when one opens up and see if you can do better. Easy to coach from behind a keyboard.

You know how many people would love to have that job?!? With the talent that has wasted there the last few years?
Throw your hat in the ring. You can hire MentorGrad2002 as your D coordinator...😂😂 He knows everything, but only if you can get him out from behind his keyboard.